PDA

View Full Version : Buzz - Tokyo vs. California

jrad32
11-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Reading Al's column today he reports that Disneyland may be getting the upgraded Tokyo version of Buzz Lightyear. Anyone know the differences between the Tokyo version and the MK version at WDW?

Is this as big a difference as say the Tokyo Pooh and the Pooh at DL?

JeffG
11-04-2003, 09:42 AM
I don't believe the Tokyo version has been built yet...

-Jeff

Duane
11-04-2003, 09:51 AM
The Tokyo version is much different than Florida, more expensive.

mousey_girl
11-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Some of us will never make it to Florida, much less Tokyo. I am just happy that we are getting a new ride.

CoasterMatt
11-04-2003, 07:48 PM
The Florida version of Buzz Lightyear is pathetic...

I've ridden trailer-mounted traveling fair darkrides with more style and better sets than BL

sleepyjeff
11-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by CoasterMatt
The Florida version of Buzz Lightyear is pathetic...

I've ridden trailer-mounted traveling fair darkrides with more style and better sets than BL

Now your making me nostalgic for "If you had wings"

;)

zapppop
11-04-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by jrad32
Reading Al's column today he reports that Disneyland may be getting the upgraded Tokyo version of Buzz Lightyear. Anyone know the differences between the Tokyo version and the MK version at WDW?

Is this as big a difference as say the Tokyo Pooh and the Pooh at DL?

The Buzz ride in Magic Kingdom is called Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. It features green omnimover vehicles w/ a laser gun on it, and you shoot at targets to earn points and get a high score. It looks cheap but guests say it's fun. The Tokyo Disneyland ride, which opens April 15, 2004 is called Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters and it promises to be more 3D and lush than the MK version. You can see construction pictures of TDL Buzz ride here (http://www.jtcent.com/disneyland/tomorrow/tombuz.html). The budget for the DL Buzz ride is $40 million ( the same amount as the TDL version and about $10 million more than what was spent on DL's Pooh ride ) so I'd expect a big difference between Buzz and Pooh.

Oh, and incase you're interested, MerlinJones posted some " Pooh Economics " that explain why Pooh is so cheap looking. Just click here. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15128)

jrad32
11-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Thanks zappop. I've been on the MK ride. If we get a souped up version at DL it would be great, since it seems like lately we've just got the cheap clone instead of the plused clones going in at TDL.