PDA

View Full Version : Official wording from the Coca-Cola DLR AP Passport discount offer

Darkbeer
11-03-2003, 07:00 PM
On the way home from work today, stop at the store (San Diego), and while picking up other things, checked on the Coca-Cola Products. I found the offer on 2 -Liter bottles of Coke, and 12 packs of Diet Coke. I bought a 2-Liter of Coke, and will describe it, but the offer was very visible on the Diet Coke Cartons (I presume the coupon will be printed on the inside of the carton....)

The outside of the 2-Liter bottle has a green stripe on top of the bottle, stating... "Look behind the label for an Exclusive Disneyland Resort Annual Passport Offer, plus a drop down box that states, Share the Holiday Magic of A Whole New World...."

Once you remove the label (Make sure and remove it where the label says to cut...), the inside contains the actual coupon..

Disneyland Resort Annual Passport Offer

Celebrate the Holidays with the Disneyland Resort and Receive $20 off the purchase of a new Deluxe or Premium Annual Passport with this coupon, Give the gift of an Annual Passport, which includes more than 100 attractions, shows and parades, plus dozens of unique restaurants and shops at the Disneyland Resort. Annual Passports also include exclusive discounts and benefits. Present this coupon at any Disneyland Resort Ticket Booth located at the Main Entrance through January 31, 2004.

Offer Valid beginning November 1, 2003 and applies only to the purchase of a new Deluxe or Premium Annual Passport and not to renewals. One Coupon per purchase, Not valid with any other offers, promotions or discounts. Restrictions apply. Subject to change without notice, Coupon is not redeemable for cash, may not be copied and must be surrendered upon use. Coupon is not valid for theme park admission.

So, what does this mean... well, it is for NEW AP's only, so you can't use your AP renewal discount AND this coupon to get $40 off...

But let's see what is the best play...

The Premium is now $205 instead of $225

The Deluxe is now $145 instead of $165

The SoCal remains at $105.

(Please note, Disney can raise the prices at anytime during this promotion)

So, if you plan to buy your first AP during this time, get the coupon FIRST. (And you will need one coupon per person, so you will need to buy multiple 12-packs/2-liter bottles of Coke to get multiple AP's under this deal....) And while I presume the coupons will only be available in SoCal area stores, ANYONE can get the discount (no zip code requirements). Just stop at a store before going to the Resort.

Now, what should you do if your currently own an Deluxe or Premium AP???

Well, if your expiration date is between November 1st, 2003 and mid-January of 2004. LET YOUR AP EXPIRE!!!!!! Then pick up a coupon, and then on your first visit to the DLR after your old expiration date, get the new AP, this can add days, or months if you plan correctly....

For example, your AP expires early December, make sure and go to the DLR just before your expiration date, see all the Holiday stuff, and enjoy Disneyland prior to the late December madhouse. Then sometime in January, get a NEW AP with the coupon, you will have gained an extra month or so in a new expiration date, but paid the same price as a renewal....:)

Remember, the offer expires January 31, 2004, so you need to purchase the new AP by that date.

Don't forget, if you pay for parking on the day that you purchase an AP, bring your parking receipt, they will refund the $8 if you buy a Premium, or Deluxe with Parking AP...:cool:

Leap for Joy
11-03-2003, 07:49 PM
I've been watching for this offer in Tucson stores, and I've checked the CocaCola website... no luck so far! I'll keep looking, but those of you in SoCal could make some new friends by stockpiling these coupons!!! ;)

AllisinWunderland
11-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Present this coupon at any Disneyland Resort Ticket Booth located at the Main Entrance through January 31, 2004.

Does this exclude upgrades from a Flex Passport to a DAP INSIDE the parK?

Darkbeer
12-03-2003, 04:18 PM
First off, to Allisin, there have been many folks reporting that they have upgraded, and that Disney has honored the coupon...

By the way, if someone needs some of the Coke coupons, please e-mail at...

darkbeer@ml1.net

I need your snail mail addresss, plus how many coupons you need...

(While supplies last, I can't drink that much Coke... now if it was a Michelob Amber Bock promotion, there would be no problem:fez:

AllisinWunderland
12-04-2003, 06:21 AM
I have returned and wanted to add that we were successful in upgrading at the AP center inside the park and using the $20 off coupons from the Coke 12-packs.
We figured it couldn't hurt to try and they did honor it!