PDA

View Full Version : LIVE with Kelly and Michael film at DL May 17–19 - Ticket info and visitor impact

AVP
05-11-2015, 12:11 PM
http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/180560-2/SleepingBeautyCastle4-050915-AVP.jpg

LIVE with Kelly and Michael is filming at Disneyland May 17–19. The duo is taping five shows, scheduled to air May 18–20. Tickets for the shows are available from the Kelly and Michael website (http://livekellyandmichael.dadt.com/live/kelly-and-michael-disneyland/). Sunday's two shows are sold out, but two shows tape on Monday (7:30 and 10:00 a.m.), and one on Tuesday (7:30 a.m.)

A CM reader just sent me some operational information about the events, which is good to know if you're attending during the tapings:

Live! with Kelly and Michael filming on May 17 - 19

On May 17 – 19, Live! with Kelly and Michael will tape five shows at the Disneyland Resort to celebrate 60 dazzling years. Starting
May 14, staging and lighting may be seen in Town Square to prepare for the show. Cast who utilize Town Square in Main Street,
U.S.A. should allow extra time to get to their work location. Please note the additional impacts below:

• May 14 - 19: Town Square may be unavailable to Guests. A revised Flag Retreat will be similar to the Candlelight Flag Retreat.
• May 14 - 19: Both the Popcorn and Churro Cart in Town Square will be unavailable to Guests. These carts will be removed to allow
for staging and equipment in Town Square.
• May 14 - 19: The cannons in Town Square will be removed to allow for staging and equipment for the filming.
• May 16 - 19: The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln will be closed to Guests.
• May 17 - 19: Main Street Vehicles and the Horse Drawn Street Cars will not operate.
• Seating for the show is limited to Guests that have received a show ticket from Live! with Kelly and Michael.
• The taping is not part of the entertainment schedule, and is subject to change, delay, or cancellation.
• Guest viewing is limited to space available, and should not be guaranteed. The show will air on May 18 - 22 on ABC.

corona
05-11-2015, 02:00 PM
I don't know. This was announced weeks ago (4/20) on the show. I read about it a few hours later, went to the ticketing site and tried to register for several tapings, but only got a message about a waiting list. Other than some confirmation emails, I was never contacted again.

I checked and see that I am still on the wait lists.

The only change I notice is that I got onto the list for the second Sunday show, which is now "sold out".

The wording in "my ticket requests" includes:
"If we reach your position in the wait list, you will receive an email with further instructions"

AnotherJenny
05-11-2015, 02:28 PM
I don't know. This was announced weeks ago (4/20) on the show. I read about it a few hours later, went to the ticketing site and tried to register for several tapings, but only got a message about a waiting list. Other than some confirmation emails, I was never contacted again.

I checked and see that I am still on the wait lists.

The only change I notice is that I got onto the list for the second Sunday show, which is now "sold out".

The wording in "my ticket requests" includes:
"If we reach your position in the wait list, you will receive an email with further instructions"

The ticketing company (1iota) has an FAQ on their website and it says that they send out waitlist confirmations up until 24-48 hours before a show. I'm not sure if this applies to something like this, but that's the normal timeframe.

fishgal
05-13-2015, 07:46 AM
All days are now showing as sold out. Like Corona i signed up for this weeks ago. In fact i signed up for all days except the first slot because they had that one listed as unavailable even way back then. Never had any emails from them that i could see, still listed as on the waitlist on the website. I have no idea how many people there are on the waitlist but it has got to be huge because they left it up so long. I thought initially that they must be looking for specific aged members for the audiance or something when i didn't hear back from them. But now i'm wondering if anyone has heard back from them?

I can't imagine them waiting just a day before and expecting everyone to be able to make it but maybe thats just the way they do things.... good luck to everyone hope some mouse planet people get in :)

AVP
05-13-2015, 04:40 PM
A CM reader just sent me some operational information about the events, which is good to know if you're attending during the tapings:

On May 17 – 19, Live! with Kelly and Michael will tape five shows at the Disneyland Resort to celebrate 60 dazzling years. Starting
May 14, staging and lighting may be seen in Town Square to prepare for the show. Cast who utilize Town Square in Main Street,
U.S.A. should allow extra time to get to their work location. Please note the additional impacts below:

• May 14 - 19: Town Square may be unavailable to Guests. A revised Flag Retreat will be similar to the Candlelight Flag Retreat.
• May 14 - 19: Both the Popcorn and Churro Cart in Town Square will be unavailable to Guests. These carts will be removed to allow
• May 14 - 19: The cannons in Town Square will be removed to allow for staging and equipment for the filming.
• May 16 - 19: The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln will be closed to Guests.
• May 17 - 19: Main Street Vehicles and the Horse Drawn Street Cars will not operate.
• Seating for the show is limited to Guests that have received a show ticket from Live! with Kelly and Michael.
• The taping is not part of the entertainment schedule, and is subject to change, delay, or cancellation.
• Guest viewing is limited to space available, and should not be guaranteed. The show will air on May 18 - 22 on ABC.

suejacken
05-13-2015, 04:48 PM
I have been to the show in New York a couple times. I have been on wait list and gotten tickets. They usually send an email when it is completely full and you definitely won't get tickets. We also got up graded once at 2:30 am on our way to the show. I would advise you to just keep checking the site. Sometimes tickets become available and are gone quickly because people cancel at the last minute.

fishgal
05-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the extra info, I still have hope then :) I will just keep checking my email :)

suejacken
05-13-2015, 06:47 PM
Good luck. The show is fun. I bet it will be more fun at Disney

bumblebeeonarose
05-13-2015, 07:50 PM

I had to read this twice to understand what my brain didn't want to comprehend. You're saying the taping and staging are happening in town square at the front of the park instead of directly in front of the castle? Also, I'm not interested in watching this as I didn't know that Kelly was still on TV all these years after leaving Regis, but are you saying that some guests will be allowed to stand around and watch the show in limited available space? Sounds like this could be a crowding problem for certain recordings. We plan to be at Disneyland for the 9am opening on Monday, though we'll be heading straight to Fantasyland. We also plan to stop in for 30-45 minutes on Tuesday since the park opens at 8am and DCA doesn't open until 9am. Hoping getting in and out of the parks is not too awful in the mornings.

I'm really bummed the Vehicles will be down. I love seeing them, it's just part of the Disneyland morning atmosphere. But I guess they can't run if something is sitting on the tracks. We'll have to wait until later in the week to see Lincoln too. Maybe a good show to see during Friday's crowds...

candles71
05-14-2015, 06:37 AM
I saw on IG they are taking the flowers out around the flag pole, someone said for fireworks viewing, or would it be for this like the cannons?
BBoR, I am picturing it like getting around all the Candlelight stuff. Crowds right in Town Square. Make a plan with DH on which side to take on the way out and don't stop until you are through the tunnel to meet each other.

corona
05-14-2015, 07:16 AM
The OP can be edited to note that all tapings are now "sold out"

bumblebeeonarose
05-14-2015, 07:50 AM
BBoR, I am picturing it like getting around all the Candlelight stuff. Crowds right in Town Square. Make a plan with DH on which side to take on the way out and don't stop until you are through the tunnel to meet each other.

Thanks we've never been during Candlelight. We generally go in on the right and out on the right, LOL! So predictable...We'll just stay away from that area of the park except when entering and exiting the park. If we were to go into Disneyland on Sunday evening I imagine the crowding will be much less as they will not actually be taping at that time, correct?

candles71
05-14-2015, 12:02 PM
I would think so.

fishgal
05-15-2015, 07:47 AM
Well i just got my email indicating that the don't expect to have tickets for me for the Sunday 7am time slot. Still hoping for one of the other time slots, good luck everyone :)

ButchyBoy
05-16-2015, 06:50 AM
I just got my rejection e-mail for the Monday 10am show :(

cstephens
05-16-2015, 10:37 AM
We were in the park for a very short time last night, and yep, they're set up all over the island in Town Square.

fishgal
05-17-2015, 04:39 AM
Got my final rejection email this morning for Tuesdays show, i had tried for all shows except one, and i now have all my rejection notices. I wonder how many seats they actually had compared to how many people tried to see the show....

queenbetsey
05-17-2015, 05:41 PM
was there today and yep town square has bee taken over by the show. kind of annoying actually. we bailed out and went to dca.