PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day Crowd

TomorMatt
11-03-2003, 03:28 PM
My Mother is coming to visit during the week of Veteran's Day and the only days that we can go to Disneyland are the afternoon of the 11th (Veteran's Day) and the 12th (Wednesday). Judging by the hours that Disneyland has posted for the preceding weekend, Monday the 10th, and Tuesday the 11th, I am assuming the park will be fairly crowded. I am one of the type that would sacrifice limited hours and attractions for a less crowded park (mostly due to two impatient young children), which is why we limit our 3-4 visits a year to the fall and winter away from Holidays. We will probably go for a few hours on Tuesday and all day Wednesday. Can anyone venture a guess on crowds for the 11th and 12th? I am hoping that most people will be leaving the 12th and the crowds will be light. Otherwise, I will have to take two cars and send my youngest boy home early when he tires of the crowds (the older girl is a Disneyland fanatic and will wait out any lines, but tends to get grumpy when the lines are too long). Any insight is appreciated.

kisroo
11-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Hi,
It used to be that Vet's Day on a Tues would be heaven. I remember when we went one year when it landed on a Weds and Weds/Thur were gloriously empty.

But, now, with HMH and a big influx of people seemingly willing to go during "off-season", it's much more crowded. The last time we went on Vets Day it was pretty crowded.
I hope, for your sake, that the crowds are mild. If not, enjoy fast pass and the longer hours.

Have a fun trip!
~kisroo:)

dsnylndmom
11-04-2003, 03:59 PM
We were there on Veteran's Day Weekend last year(Veteran's Day is my youngest's birthday:D ) and the Thurs., Friday and saturday were slow and uncrowded but also really rainy. Sunday and Monday were HOT and PACKED! Since you're planning the 11th and 12th if I had to base it off of my experience last year I'd say the 11th would be packed and the 12th will be ALOT less crowds.