PDA

View Full Version : Current weekday crowds?

Aimz
11-03-2003, 08:13 AM
I'm thinking of heading to DL on a Monday in the next week or two, can anyone give me an idea of what weekday crowds are typically like right now? I've heard that with several attractions down currently, the crowds have been a little heavier than usual for this time of year. Has anyone been to DL recently on a Monday, or other weekday, and can tell me what it's been like?

BUSTER1530
11-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Hi, We were there from the Uk at the end of October and we found that the weekdays were uncrowded with at the most a 15 min wait for the bigger attractions. We left Dl on the 25th Oct, so I guess it would have got busier the week after. But it was definately quiet Mon through to Thurs when we were there. Hope that you have a great time.

fairytalelover
11-03-2003, 11:11 AM
We went to DL this Sunday and the lines were very short. It was very cold so we think that had a lot to do with it. Thank God for the cold weather. :D

GreatWhiteShark
11-03-2003, 01:12 PM
I think for the most part it is safe to say that weekdays (mon-thur), the crowds will always be much less than a weekend. The only exceptions would be Peek season and Holidays.

So I think you will be safe as far as crowds go.

Enjoy your day at DLR!:)

EandCDad
11-03-2003, 01:24 PM
Just keep in mind that the Christmas decorations and other events start on November 7th. It is usually crowded on those days, but less so on the weekdays. Arrive early and hit some of the big rides first off.

Aimz
11-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Thanks everyone! You've sold me. I didn't know about the decorations beginning on the 7th, but still sounds like Monday will be a good time to go- can't wait!

DisneyQB
11-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Was at Disneyland on Monday, 11/3/2003.. crowds were small. Of course, with my luck, it had to rain the first few hours that the park was open, but after about 2pm, it never rained again.

Went to Autopia mid-afternoon and lines were so short, they didn't have Fast Pass available. Indy ride had 15 minutes on the "stand by" line guesstimate.

Later in the evening, there were virtually no lines at many of the rides. I'd have to say the threatening skies might have kept people away.

Several of the cast members in Critter Country had snotty attitudes, but overall, it was a very pleasant experience, for my first time back to DL in over 15 years.

Aimz
11-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Thanks Disney QB! I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I happen to like when it rains a bit when I visit DL- I noticed that many stay away. Although, the drawback is they sometimes close DL early on those days. That happened to me once when it poured so hard all day that there were lakes all over the place. They closed DL about two hours early that day, and all outdoor attractions were closed like Teacups and even Alice. But, since the crowds were so light anyway we got to do everything we wanted before the early closing.