PDA

View Full Version : DL without Parents?

wood_is_mine
11-02-2003, 02:54 PM
I was wondering if any of you have gone to DL without your parents if you are younger, like me. (I'm a ninth grader). Do you have any suggestions of things to do without parents?I don't mean things they would disapprove of, but things that it easier to do with just a four teenagers. I've already gone twice with my friends and am looking forward to another trip. We had amazing trips both times.

Cadaverous Pallor
11-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Ah, I remember when I was freed of parental obligations at theme parks! :)

For me, the big freedom was that I didn't have to go to shows, or make time for parades. My parents were big on that stuff, and for a kid wanting to get to the rides, it was often torture. When I finally got to go with friends we'd literally run from ride to ride. It also means that you can go on rides over and over. Doing spur of the moment things is a lot easier with your friends...especially if you used to have younger siblings in tow.

You can also buy all the candy and crap that you want. ;) Of course you'll have to actually use your own money, but still, how annoying is it when parents won't buy you that churro because you might ruin your dinner? You can eat whenever you wish, not when your parents decide it's time for a break, so dinner can be pushed back too.

Captain Josh
11-02-2003, 03:45 PM
Well, like I usually endlessly plug, you might get lucky, and I might hold a "Spirit of Adventure" tour the next time you are there. I'm actually getting better at my Indy tours, and I even have other guide partners....so, maybe something could work out?

....seriously though, you should make sure that you all enjoy the outing TOGETHER.

DisneyFan25863
11-02-2003, 04:07 PM
Well, I've been to Disneyland with a friend, but my parents were still there, just not with us. But we had to meet up for lunch and stuff. I guess that kinda counts....