PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror operating

Freerider127
11-02-2003, 02:09 PM
I was just at Disneyland yesterday and I saw the elevator going up and down and it looked like they were testing it did anybody see this? It was pretty neat to see that. :D

rexfarms
11-02-2003, 03:15 PM
I saw it too, looks like they are only testing one shaft though.

Disneyfreak
11-02-2003, 03:54 PM
I saw the shaft open but I DIDNT SEE THE ELEVATOR ACTUALLY OPPERATING!!! What a bummer.:( I thought they were doing something to the shaft when I saw lights on and the shaft was open. It was the left shaft by the way.:)

Rallymonkey23
11-02-2003, 09:09 PM
I saw them testing it today. I have a question though. There were three "windows" that opened on the tower. They were in a row, (from top to bottom) seperated by one story or so. I noticed that the middle one did not close all the way on the left side.

Anyways, does the ride in Florida have three windows the same way? Is it like that so you can see the outside better while your falling?

I noticed something else while watching them test the ride. After the windows opened and the elevator dropped, it kinda paused a bit by the time it was going by the second window. It seemed to bounce a little. Maybe I was seeing things....... I dont know what the ride is like in Florida, but I'll take what we can get here in Cali. :D

DisneyDustin22
11-02-2003, 11:54 PM
I noticed something else while watching them test the ride. After the windows opened and the elevator dropped, it kinda paused a bit by the time it was going by the second window. It seemed to bounce a little.

No you werent seeing things. That is how the ride works, kind of like a bounce. The elevator goes up, it then drops, then goes up, and down, and up and down, etc. Kind of like Maliboomer, but in reverse. You start at the top, instead of the bottom. Help?

MonorailMan
11-03-2003, 03:19 PM
FYI: There not windows. Look around them. You can see the broken wall, and the wallpaper. They are Doors, afterall, the front of the hotel dissapeared. ;) :D

Rallymonkey23
11-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
the front of the hotel dissapeared. ;) :D

Oh, I thought lightning struck the building and blew it up. (Or something like that) ;) :cool:

sediment
11-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Yes the ToT in MGM (just got back) has the three windows open. They open somewhat randomly as you're dropped/lifted/turned-upside-down (whoops -- spoiled it!! (jk))

IMO, if this is anything like the WDW version, prepare to be thrilled beyond belief. I have no desire to get back on it. Ever again. (Same with Mission:Space, but for different reasons.) Rockin'Roller Coaster, yes. Over and over.