PDA

View Full Version : NYE and after

scanmom
11-02-2003, 10:47 AM
I know NYE is packed....how are the 1-4 days following? (Jan 1-4 or so)? I would love to see DL on NYE, but would like to ride the rides too, and was kind of thinking maybe the1st-4th would be less crowded. (hopefully really slow). Anyone have any idea? Thanks!!!

:D

MammaSilva
11-02-2003, 10:59 AM
I was there this past year from 12/30 - 1/3 and it was packed every single day, NYE is an experience, if you don't have little ones I highly recommend, if you DO have little ones, I highly DO NOT recommend .....my daughter still says NO fireworks Mamma, the next few days you have people there for the Rose Bowl, people there avoiding football on TV... and all the normal it's winter break let's go to Disneyland folks. We still had a great time, but don't go expecting off season crowd levels.

bmr12
11-02-2003, 07:09 PM
I too was there last NYE, 12/30 through 1/2. We went at opening every morning, and managed to do everything we really wanted to do. Definitely by sunset on NYE Disneyland was mobbed, basically wall to wall people from the entrance all the way to the hub. We left by around 8 pm with a small child, as she could no longer walk around due to the crowds.

New Years' Morning was realitively empty, and slow to fill (go figure!). We did almost all of fantasyland and Space Mountain with child-swap before heading to DCA at 10 am for Soarin' and heading off to the Rose Bowl.

The evening of New Years' Day was also uncrowded at DCA, and we walked on to GRR and did Screamin', Maliboomer, and Mulholland Madness twice each before closing.

By 1/2, crowds began to thin and we had a pleasant day mostly at DCA before heading home.

DisneyFan25863
11-02-2003, 07:23 PM
I don't know about right after, but we usally go on Jan. 7th (my birthday), and it is NEVER crowded. Basically empty everywhere.