PDA

View Full Version : Self-catering in Anaheim [Extended Stay Lodging]

wageslave
11-02-2003, 10:35 AM
Does anyone know of any good value self catering villas or apartments in or around anaheim? we are looking for two bedrooms to sleep four. Hotels are just so expensive!!

Thanks Toni

tod
11-02-2003, 10:55 AM
Not sure what "self-catering" means. This seems to be one of those Britishisms that hasn't made its way to Southern California, or at least Burbank. (I'm sure they get it in Santa Monica.)

We can probably help you -- the people on this board have an encyclopedic knowledge of Disneyland and environs -- so if anyone can clarify, please do, and let the conversation begin.

--T
:fez:

wageslave
11-02-2003, 11:26 AM
:D DOH!!!! Sorry, What I mean by self catering is simply a villa or condo to rent for two weeks which would have its own kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. these can be privately owned or belong to a big chain such as Doubletree.
Thanks for your help!

Toni:p :p

luvsdca
11-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Toni-

Disclaimer: I've never stayed or known anyone who stayed at any of these hotels, so please don't take this as a recommendation for any of them.

But if you go to http://www.xtendedstay.com and search for locations in Anaheim, CA you will see several choices that may meet your needs. Since the Disneyland Resort is a major destination, most of the descriptions will tell you how far they are from the resort and if they have shuttles to the parks.

Hope this helps.

hefferdude
11-03-2003, 07:41 AM
In close proximity to DLR are many "suites" ( 2BR,LR, kitchenette).
We've stayed at The Residence Inn ( Marriott Hotels ) on Clements in Anaheim. 2 blocks from DLR but they have a hotel shuttle. The delux is great. The penthouse suite is 2 floors!!!

We've also stayed about 1 mile south on Harbor Ave. in Garden grove. There is a new hotel center which includes a Homewood Suites and a Marriott Suites. Again you can book 2 BR suites with kitchen. Enjoy and welcome to Kalifornya! ( sorry Arnold ):D

disguy
11-03-2003, 10:08 AM
I stayed at extended stay in Anaheim (a few blocks from the park)
It was not that great, the rooms were clean the price was right. I just thought it was so plain the kitchen was tiny but had a normal size fridge. It did not have an oven just a cook top and a microwave. I would say your best bet is The Residence Inn. If you have a Entertainment discount card you can get the 2 bedroom suite for a good deal if the hotel is not 80% full.

marshmallow
11-03-2003, 01:47 PM
Try Dolphin's Cove Timeshare Resort. It is close (not walking distance) to the Disneyland resort. Various room sizes with a full kitchen , dishes and such. I stayed there last summer and really enjoyed it. The number is 714-980-0830.

jslivinski
11-03-2003, 02:36 PM
We are big fans of Residence Inn. There are three in the Disneyland area. (Note: one is now under a different name, but the services are the same.)

1. Residence Inn Anaheim/Disneyland (http://www.marriott.com/dpp/PropertyPage.asp?MarshaCode=snaah)

2. Residence Inn Anaheim- Resort Area/Garden Grove (http://www.marriott.com/dpp/PropertyPage.asp?MarshaCode=SNAAG). This is a new hotel and the room layout (http://www.marriott.com/residenceinn/Tours.asp) is online. The other two older hotels do not have the layouts online any longer.

3. Best Value Inn - Orange (http://216.242.212.19/bestvalueinn.com-asp/BVIMDB/locations/locations-main.asp?idp=600). Looking over this site they now have a virtual tour, which will give you an idea of what the rooms are like at this hotel and the Anaheim Residence Inn. (Note: Anaheim Residence Inn has several other room choices not available in Orange.)

wageslave
11-04-2003, 09:38 AM
Thank you to everyone who is replying to this post! I am very grateful for all the suggestions and have seen some very good places thanks to you!!
Best wishes

Toni:) :) :) :)

tod
11-04-2003, 09:50 AM
The new Residence Inn (#2 on Julie's list) is closer than the address might lead you to believe. The numbers change in Garden Grove, apparently. It's less than two miles away: too far to walk, but an easy short drive.

Please keep us posted.

--T
:fez:

Promo-Man
11-04-2003, 12:34 PM
2. Residence Inn Anaheim- Resort Area/Garden Grove.

They have a FREE shuttle to Disneyland Resort
They also have a FREE Breakfast

AllisinWunderland
11-04-2003, 05:15 PM
We have stayed at the Embassy Suites just down the road in Garden Grove. It was quite comfortable and they offer a free full breakfast plus evening "Manager's Reception" which includes some basic alcoholic drinks, sodas and some very basic snacks. I don't think the kitchen facilities were anything to brag about, though.
Later this month we're staying at the Homewood Suites which is right next door (www.homewoodsuites.com). I haven't been in this property yet, but my experience with other Homewood properties is that the kitchen facilities will be enough to cook a basic meal in (4 of each type of dish, basic pans, toaster, microwave, full size fridge, etc). I know they have 2-bedroom units, but they are limited in quantity so I'd suggest checking it out early.
Although it was not a quick jaunt, we did walk one day as the free shuttle was often crowded. It can be done.