PDA

View Full Version : 1st DL/DCA visit great — thanks to all of you!

rwabels
11-02-2003, 09:40 AM
Smoke and ash notwithstanding, our first trip to DL/DCA was fantastic, thanks to all the tips I received from Mousepad and its members. We were at DCA last Mon/Tues (Soarin', Screamin', Tough to Be A Bug, Aladdin, Grizzly River, were the highlights) and went to DL on Weds. (Haunted Mansion, Splash Mt., Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, Pirates, were our favorites). No crowds, walked right on virtually every ride — only needed to use FastPasses twice! Lotsa characters in both parks.

We felt DCA was much better for the entire family (which included both a 6 and 16 yr old) and much much cleaner. DL seemed a little run-down, was dirtier, and the CM's seemed a little surly.

We stayed up in LA on Thursday/Friday to hit Universal (which was fantastic) and some LA sightseeing. Similar no crowds, great time had by all.

Thanks again to all who responded to my initial plea for help...and to Mousepad for providing so much primo info.

Disneyfreak
11-02-2003, 10:58 AM
I would have to disagree with you with Disneyland not being as clean. The only reason it might of seemed like that is because of all the construction going on, and the ash.:)
Otherwise Disneyland is way better when Tomorrowland is not in such a sad state and all of its E-Ticket attractions are running, IE Space Mountain, Submarine Voyage-if it ever returns, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Small World, a redone tomorrowland. You were only experiencing Disneyland at about 55-60% of its actual ability while DCA was at 90%.

tod
11-02-2003, 11:11 AM
Nice to hear you had a good time.

Please don't bear bad feelings toward Disneyland: It will no doubt get better as the 50th anniversary approaches.

--T
:fez:

jerjer2005
11-02-2003, 11:48 AM
I totally agree with tod... The magic of Disneyland will be back up to par vary soon.

Im so glad that your trip was a magical expieriance... its great to hear positive feedback from DCA!

DisneyFan25863
11-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by tod
Please don't bear bad feelings toward Disneyland: It will no doubt get better as the 50th anniversary approaches.

:bursts out laughing:

sorry

Anyway, good to hear you had a nice trip, aside from it raining ash :)

rwabels
11-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Generally, not a big fan of DL because I don't think it really provides a great experience for visitors of all ages. That's one reason why we felt DCA was superior.

Went to WDW about 10 years ago and think it is far better than DL (size, scope, choice, etc) — but the problem is, it's in Florida and California is a MUCH BETTER PLACE to visit. I'm sure we'll come back to DL/DCA in another year or so...looking forward to experiencing Tower Of Terror in DCA. Maybe, hopefully, DL will rise to the occasion of its 50Th and return to greatness. But until then, I feel DL has been resting on its laurels and has let things slip.