PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland Movie sneak peak - AP

Pages : [1] 2 3

olegc
04-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Any AP holders attending today? I could not make it - but wondered if others did (or will).

AnotherJenny
04-16-2015, 09:13 PM
I went. There were what looked like media previews earlier in the day. They let us get in line around 5pm for the 6pm screening. We got pins when the moved us past the 3-D glasses podium. There was some stuff to look at back in the old pre-show area, but we were kind of encouraged to crowd near the doors to fit as many people as possible. There was about 2 minutes of announcements and 12 minutes of video. There were a few parts that used the theater effects. Then there's a small exhibit afterwards in the Starcade. There was no one lined up for the next show when we left. There was a long line for the exhibit, they said the room capacity is between 30-40. You didn't have to view the movie to see the exhibit, so that line was somewhat longer. They said both will be open tomorrow to all guests.

olegc
04-16-2015, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the notes

TTFN92
04-16-2015, 10:23 PM
What did you think of the preview? The trailer I've seen is pretty vague.

AnotherJenny
04-17-2015, 12:03 AM
What did you think of the preview? The trailer I've seen is pretty vague.

I still couldn't tell you what it's actually about. There's a few minutes from the movie, followed by what is basically an extended version of the most recent trailer. There are items labeled in the exhibit that have no context. There are two videos, one with narration. I'm probably not going to pay to see this one in theaters, honestly.

NickP
04-17-2015, 09:46 AM
There is a description up of the footage shown over at Aintitcool.com if anyone is interested.

I wish I could gush to everyone about the film but the Mouse makes you sign a scary NDA

bumblebeeonarose
04-17-2015, 10:03 AM
I have a better idea of what this movie is about than the Star Wars movie. Everyone was gushing about the trailer that just came out, but it's just clips of characters, no story idea at all. With Tomorrowland I know the boy went there a long time ago, now he's grown up. The girl comes across the pin and can see the place. She goes to find him and they rush off to Tomorowland as people threaten them. She's there to save the future. It looks interesting. We rarely get to see movies at theaters with 2 little ones, but I do want to see this one (may have to wait for DVD). I hope it is good.

TTFN92
04-17-2015, 12:14 PM
The reason I liked the SW clip was because of the end of it. Han Solo was my favorite.

Tinkermommy
04-18-2015, 09:07 AM
We missed the AP preview (oddly enough, didn't read anything about it until we saw this thread, after the fact). Saw it yesterday. I'm ridiculously excited to see this film. I LOVE the use of the 1964 World's Fair!

I'm a little disappointed that there aren't any reproductions of the film's Tomorrowland pin for sale at Disneyland. The pins are apparently an important part of the story, and I imagine a lot of people will want to wear one. The pin store had some for a very short time, and even they weren't the same as in the film (the colors were reversed). I hope that since the pin is so prominent in the story, they'll offer them for sale. It seems crazy not to...

olegc
04-18-2015, 09:25 AM
At the wdw preview they are handing pins to passholders who show their cards at the entrance. Bummer it'd nit here yet. I bought one on eBay yesterday because I wanted to make sure to get one. Apparently Chevrolet gave away thousands at the ny car show.

NickP
04-18-2015, 09:42 AM
Once the movie hits everyone is going to want a pin.

Tinkermommy
04-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Olegc, I saw some of the car show pins on ebay, and might just get one of those. NickP, I agree...that's why I'm puzzled that there aren't any available, and the pin store cast members didn't know if any would be in the future. I think every kid should have one! Perhaps my old pop-culture standby, Hot Topic, will come through. LOL

olegc
04-18-2015, 10:29 AM
Olegc, I saw some of the car show pins on ebay, and might just get one of those. NickP, I agree...that's why I'm puzzled that there aren't any available, and the pin store cast members didn't know if any would be in the future. I think every kid should have one! Perhaps my old pop-culture standby, Hot Topic, will come through. LOL

the pins WERE handed out during the AP preview on Thursday.

Tinkermommy
04-18-2015, 11:33 AM
Olegc, I did read that in an earlier post. I meant for sale to non AP-holders, or AP holders who weren't at that preview. There seem to be more of the car show pins available on ebay, so the prices are lower. Since my intention would be to open it and wear it, I'm not picky about how it's packaged. :)

AnotherJenny
04-18-2015, 08:31 PM
We missed the AP preview (oddly enough, didn't read anything about it until we saw this thread, after the fact). Saw it yesterday. I'm ridiculously excited to see this film. I LOVE the use of the 1964 World's Fair!

I'm a little disappointed that there aren't any reproductions of the film's Tomorrowland pin for sale at Disneyland. The pins are apparently an important part of the story, and I imagine a lot of people will want to wear one. The pin store had some for a very short time, and even they weren't the same as in the film (the colors were reversed). I hope that since the pin is so prominent in the story, they'll offer them for sale. It seems crazy not to...

Both colors are used in the film. We saw both in the preview. I noticed because the first one is the reverse of what we got, then I noticed the other one later. I know they were also given out at NYCC. In the waiting area we saw people wearing both variations, and some were bigger than the ones we got. I hope they sell them, because many people won't realize they want one until after they've seen the movie.

Nightwing
04-18-2015, 11:38 PM
Both colors are used in the film. We saw both in the preview. I noticed because the first one is the reverse of what we got, then I noticed the other one later. I know they were also given out at NYCC. In the waiting area we saw people wearing both variations, and some were bigger than the ones we got. I hope they sell them, because many people won't realize they want one until after they've seen the movie.

They did have one Thr for sale. But heard they pulled it from sale due to it was to be released next month... Its the one in the lower left of the picture. Too big and ugly!

The upper left is the one they handed out. The other two on the right are licensed ones from the toy makes doing toys for the movie. They look darn good and close to what they wear in the movie. Esp the lower right one...

PS: Here a link to more shots of the pins...
http://nightwing.smugmug.com/Holidays/Tomorowland-Pins/48687891_cBJ9fS#!i=3998983293&k=FLLTpZP

and from the AP night...
http://nightwing.smugmug.com/Holidays/2015-04-16-AP-Pre-View/48669611_TZFWgr#!i=3997226282&k=ffqfJnP

Also the Toy pins look about right and are excellent in mfg. Metal with a Butterfly clasp and except for no hidden mickey's on it to be a better pin that what was sold for a short time that day!

Nightwing
04-18-2015, 11:41 PM
Once the movie hits everyone is going to want a pin.

Agree! ^_^

Nightwing
04-18-2015, 11:43 PM

Were pulled as the story goes... Went on sales too early! Even the Toy pins I just received are listed for next month to be released...

Tinkermommy
04-20-2015, 07:18 AM
Great! Thank for all of the information!

Nightwing
04-20-2015, 08:34 PM
Great! Thank for all of the information!

Your welcome! ^_^

If true what a CM told a friend that went Friday night. There were 30 of those large Tomorrowland pins between DLR and WDW put on pegs. They should not have been for sale until May 22. The CM was a little taken back when they noted after that. My friend had that pin on! Got it for her the night before.

Not sure if will wear it until the 22 of next month. ^_^ Have the other two I can display!

HeavenOnEarth
04-21-2015, 07:45 AM
This movie looks horrible

NickP
04-21-2015, 08:32 AM
Well it's not. If you are familiar with Brad Bird and Damon Lindelof you should have more faith. Heck if you are a Disney fan you should be excited.

olegc
04-21-2015, 08:45 AM
the international trailer (japan) had some more elements of the plot - without giving away too much. Anyone can say its derivative. That's like saying a tesla is derivative of a honda since both are cars with four wheels. Its the ride that will make the difference - with all of the features, functions, and gadgets working together to provide an experience. I think it will be good - but nothing is guarenteed until its released.

As for the preview - I hope to catch it before the film but may not make it out to the parks. The Pin will be a pretty large sale/giveaway item (Oh My Disney blog is giving some away and I think I made it). I don't know if it will be huge - but it will be popular.

NickP
04-21-2015, 11:36 AM
I think people are busy focusing on Avengers and other big summer franchise movies that this one is going to catch everyone off guard and be a sleeper hit

HeavenOnEarth
04-21-2015, 02:49 PM
Well it's not. If you are familiar with Brad Bird and Damon Lindelof you should have more faith. Heck if you are a Disney fan you should be excited.

Ok...I take that back. It doesnt look horrible, it looks ok but whatever
Of coarse Im a Disney fan. Doesnt mean everything Disney puts out I automatically love or have respect for...i.e. Frozen, Alice in Wonderland w/JD, Lilo and Stitch, Lone Ranger. Just to name a few great
movies Disney has released.