PDA

View Full Version : Luigi's Festival of the Dance coming to Cars Land

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
04-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Based on permits filed with the city of Anaheim, the official name of the replacement for Luigi's Flying Tires in Cars Land is "Luigi's Festival of the Dance."

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/174698-1/lululu8265121-Disney.jpg
Image (c) Disney.

Luigi's Flying Tires closed in February (http://www.mouseplanet.com/10933/Disneyland_Resort_Update), and Disney has not given any more information about the ride, beyond the single piece of concept art released when they announced the closure of the original attraction. The permits include construction of new "attraction slab," a vehicle maintenance building, revised barriers and gates, and a modified exit queue.

sjhanksaz
04-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Is it a bumper cars for adults?

olegc
04-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Based on permits filed with the city of Anaheim, the official name of the replacement for Luigi's Flying Tires in Cars Land is "Luigi's Festival of the Dance." .... Disney has not given any more information about the ride, beyond the single piece of concept art released when they announced the closure of the original attraction.

And the trickle tease continues....

Is it a bumper cars for adults?

nope - Preliminary leaked reports suggest it to be similar in technology to Pooh's Honey Hunt in Tokyo - GPS controlled independent vehicles (no tracks) that dance around each other. So not really like Mater's though it may seem that way.

sjhanksaz
04-16-2015, 05:43 PM
And the trickle tease continues....

nope - Preliminary leaked reports suggest it to be similar in technology to Pooh's Honey Hunt in Tokyo - GPS controlled independent vehicles (no tracks) that dance around each other. So not really like Mater's though it may seem that way.

Is GPS accurate enough? A could see a grid pattern poured into the slab of wires that the cars could use to sense exactly where they are much more accurate

olegc
04-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Is GPS accurate enough? A could see a grid pattern poured into the slab of wires that the cars could use to sense exactly where they are much more accurate

that is one of the questions people have had - since Honey Hunt is indoors it works pretty well with the sensors (go find a video to show you how the honey pots move) but this being outdoors it does give pause to the design. grid may be too "square" to make it works right. We'll have to wait and see.

bumblebeeonarose
04-16-2015, 06:35 PM
I wish it was a dark ride like the Honey Hunt. They have space back there, but I guess they could be saving the space for something else. I'm okay with another spinner though, people seem to like them. It won't be exactly the same as Mater's. Also they tend to be fast loaders, so that should help. I hope they have enough cars. It looks like they're only making them with front seats. Wish they'd do front and back so they could get whole families in one car, making the ride eat people.

Robin
04-16-2015, 07:39 PM
I wish it was a dark ride like the Honey Hunt. They have space back there, but I guess they could be saving the space for something else. I'm okay with another spinner though, people seem to like them. It won't be exactly the same as Mater's. Also they tend to be fast loaders, so that should help. I hope they have enough cars. It looks like they're only making them with front seats. Wish they'd do front and back so they could get whole families in one car, making the ride eat people.

It looks like a lot of fun and I know my kids will love it. The Mater is more fun (in my opinion) then you first think it will be. I agree that if you have two rows you could get more people on and off and the line would go faster.

sjhanksaz
04-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Darn, spinning makes me sick

Pammer
04-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Darn, spinning makes me sickMe too! If it is a spinning ride, I will have to watch everyone else enjoy it instead!

AVP
04-17-2015, 12:04 AM
I hope it's something like the Aquatopia at Tokyo Disney Sea. I adore this ride so much.

eIh5keBwiKc

qdknnGpQ7Q0

olegc
04-17-2015, 05:13 AM
I hope it's something like the Aquatopia at Tokyo Disney Sea. I adore this ride so much.

eIh5keBwiKc

qdknnGpQ7Q0

That's on my not-yet-bucket list

sjhanksaz
04-17-2015, 02:52 PM
Me too! If it is a spinning ride, I will have to watch everyone else enjoy it instead!

I have a friend who literally gets motion sick on an escalator. He goes to Disneyland with sea sick pills and has a great time but still feels ill.

stan4d_steph
04-23-2015, 03:28 PM
Looks pretty boring.

sjhanksaz
04-23-2015, 07:49 PM
Looks pretty boring.

But with the right music it will be, still boring

Malcon10t
04-23-2015, 08:04 PM
I will have to wait to judge it. Mater's looked boring. But get on it, and it is great!!

bennette
04-23-2015, 08:14 PM
I will have to wait to judge it. Mater's looked boring. But get on it, and it is great!!

Waiting to judge something before you try it?

The internet: you're doing it wrong!

Robin
04-23-2015, 08:33 PM
So true about Mater. It is a lot more fun, kids young and old, then it appears at first,

NickP
04-24-2015, 10:02 AM
waiting to judge something before you try it?

The internet: You're doing it wrong!

^^^ this!!!

stan4d_steph
04-24-2015, 10:59 AM
If we didn't have anything to discuss before we saw it, this message board wouldn't exist.

olegc
04-24-2015, 12:35 PM
If we didn't have anything to discuss before we saw it, this message board wouldn't exist.

And this^^^

DwarfPlanet
04-24-2015, 02:25 PM
To me the new ride looks like:

Cars Quatre Roues Rallye in Walt Disney Studios Park Paris

TTFN92
04-25-2015, 09:57 PM
To me the new ride looks like:

Cars Quatre Roues Rallye in Walt Disney Studios Park Paris

It does :(. I just watched a YouTube video of it. It's way too close to Mater. I hope that's not what it is.

olegc
04-26-2015, 04:02 PM
It does :(. I just watched a YouTube video of it. It's way too close to Mater. I hope that's not what it is.

UGH! Lots of folks have complained at times of repeat attractions - but this would be IN THE SAME LAND IN THE SAME THEME PARK! If true I am extremely disappointed in Disneyland management on this call. I hope its just a coincidence and the delivered product is different.

bumblebeeonarose
04-26-2015, 07:08 PM

I don't think so. The ride in that video used a spin track like Mater and TeaCups. The new ride is supposed to be trackless. I did like the cars though since they allowed for up to 4 passengers.

TTFN92
04-26-2015, 08:57 PM

I don't think so. The ride in that video used a spin track like Mater and TeaCups. The new ride is supposed to be trackless. I did like the cars though since they allowed for up to 4 passengers.
I sure hope you're right. Those cars seem really tiny though.