PDA

View Full Version : More rides?!

hobo_n
10-31-2003, 10:29 PM
When is DCA/DL geting new rides? What will they be? I sure that they wont just be copy versons of other rides because it just seam to get cheaper and chaper.

Darkbeer
10-31-2003, 10:35 PM
Well, the walls just went up in Tomorrowland, which should give us the Buzz Lightyear ride (Not yet officially announced, but no big secret...) Will Innoventions close and be rethemed to the 50th anniversary show???? That is a STRONG rumor....

DCA will get ToT, but so far, nothing more.....:(

sleepyjeff
11-02-2003, 01:41 PM
Disneyland was built in a year............why does it take years to build a single ride(TOT) or even rebuild one(SM)? I know all the stuff about different technology more red tape blah blah blah blah blah.

A few years ago Disney(Touchstone) released a movie that had an asteroid the size of Texas bearing down on planet Earth in something like 17 days..............they managed to train a team of non-astronauts, and equip two space shuttles for a duel launch in this short period of time. If Disney wants me to beleive that is possible than why do they expect me to wait years and years for new attractions?

:mad:

Freerider127
11-02-2003, 02:17 PM
I think disneyland and DCA are not going to be getting that many new rides. DL is going to be getting Buzz Lightyear and DCA will be getting ToT and after that it will probably be along time before and new rides come.

Disneyfreak
11-02-2003, 04:09 PM
From what the high up people, see is that our park caters to the locals and not tourists, so they dont build new rides very often because everyone has annual passes and not day tickets. The annual pass system has sort of almost frozen time at disneyland, while WDW is getting what 5 new rides FOR OUR 50th ANNIVERSARY!!!!! This just rediculous.... Disneyland giving ride gifts to other parks, GIVE ME A BREAK...:rolleyes:

sleepyjeff
11-02-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
........... our park caters to the locals and not tourists, so they dont build new rides very often because everyone has annual passes and not day tickets. The annual pass system has sort of almost frozen time at disneyland...........

If they(Disney) want to get serious about bringing in the Tourist dollar again ( and serious they might be getting if rumors of a s.cal cruise line can be beleived ) they will need to dump or seriously modify the AP program.

Once this is done they can start building new attractions again.

They could start with these:

A whole new Tomorrowland with new rides like Flying Cars(using old Peoplemover track), Journey to SeaBase Alpha(in the sub lagoon), and replace Star Tours with an Innerspace Adventure with Nano and his buddy Micro.

Build the Western River Expedition/Rainbow Caverns Mine Train to replace Big Thunder area and the Hunchback area....keep the walkway but have it go thru a rainbow cavern.

Re-build fort wilderness featuring camp stories told by the country bears.

Open up a O'Hana Restuarant/show(in the old Alladin Oasis)

fill in your own ideas here_________________

DrIndianaJones
11-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Innerspace is dead, and let it rest in peace. As well as all those "yesteryear" attractions. Bring something new and fresh to the park, not some 30+ year old idea(s).
If anything Star Tours should be updated to mirror the new movies, and have multiple destinations, so you never know what one you are going to get. Same concept as Indy.

I like that idea, however, about the Country Bears telling campfire stories, but I have to question about theming. Unless you are willing to include TSI as a part of CC, I just don't see it working logically. Yet, something cool does need to happen with the Fort. Maybe a wild west show of some kind, or Davy Crockett telling stories, or even a lunch/dinner show.

I think that the DL (and Disney in general) team have forgotten Walt's unspoken principle "You gotta spend money in order to make money."