PDA

View Full Version : Whitewater Snacks

TTFN92
04-12-2015, 04:25 PM
I was just looking at another website with menus and it didn't show the nachos at Whitewater Snacks. Please tell me it was just missing and they still have them. They are one of my favorites.

Janis and Aaron
04-12-2015, 05:27 PM
They had them the last time I was there - maybe 2 or 3 months ago? I love their steak nachos!

josephfive
04-12-2015, 06:48 PM
I saw them about the same time as Janis and Aaron. Love them! Can you call?

Malcon10t
04-12-2015, 07:02 PM
Disneyland's website shows them on the menu.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/white-water-snacks/menus/lunch/

TTFN92
04-12-2015, 11:09 PM
I good! It's hard to know how accurate second hand menus are. I didn't think to look on the Disneyland website. I love going there because it's usually pretty quiet and free drink refills. Plus they have Dr. Pepper :D.

NickP
04-13-2015, 08:46 AM
I always pass this place by but never stopped there. Looking at the menu I definitely want to try the nachos and the carnitas burger next time.
We always try to keep our in the park food purchases limited, sharing snacks mainly, but isn't amusement park food, especially at Disney parks, just the best and pretty much worth it? Other than snacking though we try to only have one major meal in the park. Last time we all ate at Big Thunder Ranch for our one big dinner. I definitely like it but would like to try somewhere else this time but so far it sounds like I am being out voted by the wife and kids who want to stick to BTR.

cstephens
04-13-2015, 10:39 AM
We tried the beef nachos at the recommendation of someone we know, and they were right, it's really good. One thing to note that the menu says it's shredded beef nachos. It's definitely not shredded beef, it's steak chunks. Yum.

josephfive
04-13-2015, 11:01 AM
NickP -- this place is good and kind of a well-kept secret. It was my go to place for years when my kiddos were toddlers or young kids and it was just me and them. I treat the nachos as a meal vs a snack. So it could definitely be shared among many if you're family needs a little something and want to get away from the park for a minute. And I want to say that there is more than just on the menu. I think there are grab and go salads and sandwiches too.

queenbetsey
04-13-2015, 06:19 PM
we really like this place. recommend it to folks all the time. the food is good and cooked to order. it is really nice if you have little ones. a nice break from the parks quiet and kids actually eat their food. not having a busy park atmosphere helps with that I think. we like the chicken Sammy

Janis and Aaron
04-13-2015, 09:53 PM
The ONLY downside to Whitewater Snacks is that the food can take a while to be delivered to your table. Other than that it is nothing but good stuff - nice location, great food, etc. It always feels like the little tucked-away place that nobody else knows about - which is probably a pretty good description, come to think of it.

NickP
07-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Got the chance to try the nachos at Whitewater Snacks last Saturday and you guys were right, so good. Due to time constraints I wasn't able to eat more than a few bites as soon as I got them but when we got back to the hotel later that night they were just as good slightly heated up.

TTFN92
07-26-2015, 12:19 AM
Got the chance to try the nachos at Whitewater Snacks last Saturday and you guys were right, so good. Due to time constraints I wasn't able to eat more than a few bites as soon as I got them but when we got back to the hotel later that night they were just as good slightly heated up.

Glad you liked them! :)