PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the rest of the rides at DCA

cryan71
10-31-2003, 01:13 PM
I noticed recently that I go on the same 5 rides at DCA and have never been on any of the crappy carnival type rides.

Well, this weekend is the weekend I am going to hit the rest of DCA. Maybe there is something to the Orange Stinger that I don't know about. The Jumping Jellyfish might be scary.

When I lived in North Florida/Southern Georgia, my quarterly trips to Disneyworld were always made so I skipped a few attractions to make the next trip with something new to do. Guess I never gave that up.

What rides have you never gone on?

MotorBoat Cruiser
10-31-2003, 01:26 PM
I do the same exact thing when I go there, although we have tried to check out some new ones. Without knowing what the 5 rides are that you speak of, your question is kind of hard to answer but I'll take a stab at it.

Golden Dreams: Somewhat interesting from a historical perspective but not very entertaining.

The Zephyr (sp?): Tried to give it a chance. Quite boring.

It's a bugs life/ Muppet show: Somewhat fun the first time but probably wouldn't repeat it very often.

The rides I prefer are both roller coasters, Soarin over California, Grizzly Falls, and to a lesser extent, the ferris wheel.

Freerider127
10-31-2003, 01:42 PM
The only things I do at DCA are screamin, GRR, Soarin and see Aladin thats about it.

jrad32
10-31-2003, 02:06 PM
How dare you pass up the torrilla factory:rolleyes:

millionairegirl
10-31-2003, 02:11 PM
I think the Orange Stinger is fun, but not something I go out of my way to do. I've never done Jumping Jellyfish because I was under the impression that people over a certain height weren't allowed on without children. Is that wrong? If it's not I still wouldn't go on it because it doesn't look too fun. The Zephyr was boring, and felt kind of dangerous. It seemed like I could have pushed my sister onto the cement from the ride. Not that I would do something like that, but you never know what people will do.

I actually love Mulholland Madness, and probably go on that every other time I go to DCA. It's a lot of fun, even though it's not too aesthetically pleasing. I bet you can't find the oscar like statue on the mural, though :D.

SacTown Chronic
10-31-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by millionairegirl
I actually love Mulholland Madness, and probably go on that every other time I go to DCA. It's a lot of fun, even though it's not too aesthetically pleasing. I bet you can't find the oscar like statue on the mural, though :D.

My youngest son talks about Mulholland Madness a lot. He isn't tall enough for Screamin so MM is as good as it gets for him at DCA. He loves it so I love it. Any ride that I get to sit with him is a great ride. It really is a fun attraction.

I wouldn't go on Jumping Jellyfish without a child. Not only is the thing incredibly tame, you'd probably look a tad bit spastic going on that ride alone or with another adult.

sleepyjeff
10-31-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by SacTown Chronic

I wouldn't go on Jumping Jellyfish without a child. Not only is the thing incredibly tame, you'd probably look a tad bit spastic going on that ride alone or with another adult.

I find Jumping Jellyfish far more terrifying than the Maliboomer for the very reasons you state:eek:

MansionMatt
11-03-2003, 07:38 AM
i've never done golden dreams at DCA. wanted to last trip but they had it shut for the ABC preview weekend stuff.

i've also never been on the Columbia at DL...something I always want to get to but never do.

i did the tortilla factory for the first time at DCA last trip, and it's going to become a regular stop...the video is very worthy of sarcastic comments, and the tortillas are sooooo good.

matt

cryan71
11-03-2003, 08:28 AM
I tried to make it down to DCA this weekend to try all those rides I missed, but it didn't happen. I am going to try during the week, because I know the lines will be extra short. I've recently become fond of DLR on weekdays in the off-season, and boy have I been missing. I might change my pass back down to So Cal, and just use the free parking at Downtown Disney. This would have me go in 3 hour stints, but I think I would enjoy an action packed 3 hours, then the "let's just hang out at Disneyland" 9 hour stints.

Cadaverous Pallor
11-03-2003, 09:19 AM
What about the Maliboomer? I love that ride.

Never been on the Jellyfish, and probably won't until I have a child in tow. I think that's the only one. I saw Golden Dreams once and that was enough for me, thank you. :rolleyes:

uberfrau
11-03-2003, 09:40 AM
well, I actually did ride the Jumpin' Jellyfish without a child! It was a quiet day. It was actually rather fun :)

I believe there is not one attraction at DCA I havent been on/experienced. At DL, just Goofy's Bounce House, and that's because I'm too tall/old! fooey ;)

millionairegirl
11-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
What about the Maliboomer? I love that ride.

I usually go on Maliboomer every 6 months because it takes that long for me to forget that the ride terrifies me. Seriously, it's like I have cheated death when I get off that ride. I think that's the closest that I'll ever get to Skydiving or Bunjee Jumping.