PDA

View Full Version : Roger Rabbit?

averagecuppajoe
10-30-2003, 05:33 PM
I missed this, what happened on RR?

tod
10-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Kid got pinned under a car. Seriously injuured, to the point of brain damage.

Who is at fault was never determined, but there are Disney's-fault and family's-fault partisans who can tell you plenty.

--T
:fez:

ChipmunkStar
10-30-2003, 06:26 PM
You forgot to mention that it was a few years ago....

LegolandMC
10-31-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by tod
Who is at fault was never determined, but there are Disney's-fault and family's-fault partisans who can tell you plenty.

I thought it had been determined, since the cameras showed the adults trying to pass the kid between cars. Was this never official though? Do you know Tod? :)

tod
10-31-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by LegolandMC
I thought it had been determined, since the cameras showed the adults trying to pass the kid between cars. Was this never official though? Do you know Tod? :)

I heard that, but not in an official way. I never saw any tape, and I don't know if it's true or not.

That's why I didn't mention it.

--T

Mark Goldhaber
10-31-2003, 08:59 AM
I thought that the story was that the kid was by the car entry/exit with the mother on the inside, he reached out to get something that fell out, he fell after it, and got wedged under the car?

LegolandMC
10-31-2003, 09:51 AM
That's what I had originally heard, but then at work one day (at Legoland), there was an article posted on a bulletin board where they post things that happen in other theme parks saying that they watched the cameras and saw that the child was sitting with one adult, but wanted to sit with his mom, and so they were switching him from one car to another.

Once again, I don't know if this was the official determination....that's just the latest thing that I had heard on the matter.

averagecuppajoe
11-01-2003, 08:35 AM
So nothing "official"? That's odd. If something happened, why is it such a mystery?

When did this take place and was the ride shut down (for how long)?

tod
11-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by averagecuppajoe
So nothing "official"? That's odd. If something happened, why is it such a mystery?

When did this take place and was the ride shut down (for how long)?

Nothing "official" happened because Disney and the kid's family settled out of court, so there is no public court record with sworn testimony and evidence.

Disney shut down the ride and retrofitted the ride vehicles with doors that close and skirts around the platform to minimize the danger of somebody getting caught underneath again.

Whoever is at fault -- and absent any evidence and sworn testimony all we have is hearsay, which is great fun but not factual -- both sides have taken a serious hit: the family has lost their son, and Disney's rehab of the ride also took a chunk out of the corporate bottom line. To say nothing of the settlement.

Somebody can fill you in on the timeline. I really don't remember.

--T

Lori
11-01-2003, 12:42 PM
I liked the ride. Though, you never see RR around in the parks anymore.

Mark Goldhaber
11-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Lori
I liked the ride. Though, you never see RR around in the parks anymore.

That's because the rights are messed up due to the relations between Eisner and Spielberg. (And partly spurred on by the feud between Eisner and Katzenberg, since Spielberg and Katzenberg are 2/3 of Dreamworks.)

disneyphilip
01-12-2004, 12:57 PM
However, Roger Rabbit still performs in the "Parade of the Stars". I got to dance with him in that parade when I was at the DL Resort in July 2003!

Some CMs at DL told me Roger still comes out for special events and once in a great while for meet-and-greets and someone said that Roger still appears on the Mark Twain in the finale of "Fantasmic" sometimes.

BryanPeek
01-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Hey! How about a little Roger Rabbit Trivia?

Who did the voice of Roger Rabbit?

CaliforniaCrazy
01-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Charles Fleischer is the great voice of Roger Rabbit. Besides being a voice actor in many cartoons, he is also a very funny comedian.

BryanPeek
01-12-2004, 04:11 PM
YOUR RIGHT!

I learned that last night, playing Disney's Trivial Pursuit. I almost won, but my Grandma beat me, we were both at the end and she got a question right. Darnit! lol.