PDA

View Full Version : Return w/ receipt?

ZipadeedooDave
10-29-2003, 08:04 AM
My wife and I bought a gift the other night at The China Closet on Main Street for someone and come to find out, they already have this item.

Does Disneyland and the rest of the resort ever take back merchandise items purchased? I am sure if they don't we can keep it and give it so someone else....or just keep it for ourselves. For the record, we do have the receipt.

We were just wondering if anyone was "in the know" in regard to this. I've never had to take anything back to Disneyland before....but I guess there is a first time for everything, eh?

MammaSilva
10-29-2003, 08:08 AM
I've had to exchange things but never actually out and out return something, I do know that having the reciept makes everyone's life much easier. I'd call the park and ask to talk to a GS CM and find out the process.

scaeagles
10-29-2003, 08:14 AM
As I live in Phoenix, I have actually returned items purchased at Disneyland at a local Disneystore. I have even done that with gifts sent to us from WDW without a receipt. They have always been exceptionally great about it. (Always....well, the 2 or 3 times I've done it).

adriennek
10-29-2003, 08:30 AM
If you have the receipt, this shouldn't be a problem. We've returned items with receipts before.

Adrienne

Andrew
10-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Disneyland merchandise CMs have been uniformly wonderful on the occasions that I have had to return things, both with and without a receipt. Briefly explain the situation and they will take it back, no questions asked.

JazzBaby
10-29-2003, 02:09 PM
If you have the receipt you should be fine. I once had to bring back a Tinker Bell model sheet that had been given to me, I didn't want the giver to find out that it had arrived broken. I took it back to Disneyanna but they didn't have one in stock. They sent me to World of Disney where I made the exchange with no problem. And they told me that I could only exchange with no receipt, I'd need the receipt for a refund.

Cadaverous Pallor
10-29-2003, 03:08 PM
I was at WOD yesterday and asked about the return policy. If you have a receipt you get your money back, if you don't have it you get an exchange or store credit.

disneychelle
10-29-2003, 03:29 PM
If you have a disney store nearby they are really good at accepting a returne on the behalf of the parks.