PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever hired a VIP Guide (Plaid)?

june1st1997
03-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Usually I am against guides. DH and I fell in love on out 1st date (Disneyland - June1st1997) thanks to long lines. We spent the whole day chatting and it was magical. I swore I would never hire a guide. And now here we are.

We have family coming in town the week of 3/23. They would like to visit the parks Friday 3/27. So close to Spring Break, I thought hiring a guide would be the way to go.

A little background on us: DD, DH and I go often. Often. SIL, N10 and N7 go often. We are all LA based. We are all going to WDW in May. SIL(LA) gets a plaid when she goes to WDW and swears by it. It will be my 1st trip to WDW, so I have no point of reference on the matter at all.

There are 10 of us going on 3/27. Kids Ranging from 3-10 and 5 adults. It is the 1st visit for a 3yr & 5yr old . My BIL(NYC) has said that his 5yr will be fine with lines, however his 3yr old and wife will not be. That is why we are hiring a guide.

There is no turning back, the guide is happening... I guess I'm just looking for support, tips, experiences.

Thanks!

Malcon10t
03-10-2015, 05:45 PM
I've done several of them over the last 12 years. We enjoy them. My suggestion is know what you can and can't do. If you want to ride Mickey's Wheel of death, arrange to do it while you are on your own time, as guides don't have access. Don't be afraid to say you want to do a ride a second time. One trip, my nieces wanted to ride Screamin' 5 times in a row. The guide just laughed and off they went. I suggest reading MP's article on VIP Touring (http://www.mouseplanet.com/10057/Get_the_VIP_treatment_at_Disneyland). Be aware some rides have changed.

In addition to all Fastpass rides, you will also have the following available:

Disneyland attractions:

It’s a Small World
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Alice in Wonderland (Alice is no longer on the list, but another FL ride is in it's place.)
Tea Cups

Disney California Adventure attractions:

Monsters Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue
Muppet *Vision 3D
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Jumpin’ Jellyfish
Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
Mater's

The guide cannot take children on rides without an adult. And they can't stay with children without an adult. But guides will hold a place in line for you or they will assist with the kids.

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/484719_10201535927703625_329873096_n.jpg?oh=b4c7fa 856c0767b11e017305512c1202&oe=55716FA7

Don't forget to let your guide use the bathroom and give them water. (We usually feed our guides when we eat, stop for snacks, etc...)

Timeframes - We like to schedule our tours from times like noon-6 or 1-7. The reason is we can use the morning, when it is slower to get in rides that are not available to VIP. Then you can also have them schedule evening shows like Fantasmic! and WOC.

Let us know if you have questions.