PDA

View Full Version : Would this work at Disneyland? - Fastpass for Fireworks...

olegc
02-27-2015, 09:02 AM
So I saw the story on the Disney Parks blog concerning the new viewing areas in the Hub for fireworks.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/new-viewing-areas-for-parades-fireworks-debut-at-magic-kingdom-park/

and I was wondering - given the fact that they have this for Fantasmic and for WoC - would TDA consider bringing this to Fireworks as well? Especially now that the new show is coming? I think a lot of work would have to go into removing or trimming mature trees, assigning best sight lines, etc. - but I bet it could happen. Even though FP is "free" it still creates exclusive viewing opportunities and would allow the park to offer dinner and lunch packages for best viewing spots - and no more camping out. I can't see them having so many places to reserve because the area is smaller than WDWs and there are many buildings right near the hub. I guess only time (and $$$ opportunity) will tell.

oregontraveler
02-27-2015, 10:07 AM
I think TDA has solved their own problem by adding projections on Main Street. Which would probaly enoucorage more repeat viewings from different spots.

olegc
02-27-2015, 10:35 AM
I think TDA has solved their own problem by adding projections on Main Street. Which would probaly enoucorage more repeat viewings from different spots.

not knowing the design yet - but the cynical joke going on during the preview was that they'd have to close the gates each night to allow the projections and fireworks to go off just perfect for those along main street.

bumblebeeonarose
02-27-2015, 11:31 AM
not knowing the design yet - but the cynical joke going on during the preview was that they'd have to close the gates each night to allow the projections and fireworks to go off just perfect for those along main street.

Why? They can just use the new guest flow corridor to guide new guests into the park so they won't disturb the show. I hope they do.

TTFN92
02-27-2015, 12:19 PM
I really hope not.

bumblebeeonarose
02-28-2015, 08:46 PM
I meant I hope they use the guest corridors for guests entering/exiting the parks during fireworks. Not that I hope for FP. That is a bad idea for Disneyland fireworks. There is not room.

Engine74
03-01-2015, 03:51 PM
The hub at WDW, like most things there, is much bigger than the one at DL. There is just not enough space at DL's hub unlike near the ROA for Fantasmic! or at DCA's Paradise Park where they can use FP.

olegc
03-01-2015, 04:03 PM
The hub at WDW, like most things there, is much bigger than the one at DL. There is just not enough space at DL's hub unlike near the ROA for Fantasmic! or at DCA's Paradise Park where they can use FP.

Oh - I know the logic and engineering/spacing requirements. The question to me - hypothetically - would be whether TDA would say to the ops folks - you figure it out, we're doing it.

Engine74
03-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Oh - I know the logic and engineering/spacing requirements. The question to me - hypothetically - would be whether TDA would say to the ops folks - you figure it out, we're doing it.

15 years ago I think it could have happened. In 2015 with the the group they have right now I don't think they would.