PDA

View Full Version : A Big Disney Press Release??

JRob2k1
09-13-2001, 02:54 PM
I've seen reports and other websites and boards that yesterday or today, Cynthia Harris was supposed to have a big "annoncement" for the immediate future. It has been delayed until next week from what I gathered.

They announcement may contain:

(1) A discussion of the Haunted Mansion "Nightmare" makeover
(2) Confirmation of the Lumin-Aria lagoon show to debut in November in DCA
(3) Millionaire: Play It! opening to great success
(4) Mention of some special events to commemorate Walt's 100th birthday.
(5) The announcement that Tower of Terror is coming to DCA
(6) The announcement that a Pooh honey-comb ride will replace the Bears
(7) That the Electrical Parade will be staying in DCA through next summer as well
(8) The new attractions for the Bountiful Valley Farm may be announced.

Anyone know any more about this?? That's a pretty big announcement

I just wanted to try and get back to some more "Disney" conversation to try and take my mind off everything that's happening...Thanks

merlinjones
09-13-2001, 03:22 PM
Swami Al has already predicted all of the above.

I'll bet that "Tower of Terror" gets a new name though.

I do hope more Disneyland announcements will be forthcoming, such as rehabs, restoration of classic attractions and Tomorrowland - - as well as the return of the Bears to DCA or Hungry Bear - - and a new E-ticket for Disneyland. Those are really the only plans that will make me happy (though I really hope they do right by the Pooh show elements).

AVP
09-13-2001, 03:39 PM
The big press event for DCA's Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Play It! grand opening today has been cancelled until further notice.

I would not look for any major announcements or events for several weeks, or at least until the eyes on the nation are no longer glued to the events in DC and NYC.

Adrienne

zapppop
09-13-2001, 04:07 PM
The Tower Of Terror will probably keep it's name since it's gonna be in the Hollywood Backlot area.
The electrical parade will stay in DCA through December but not beyond. DCA can't afford it.
I hope the Country Bears relocate to the Golden State area but I'm not sure where they'd put'em. Maybe they'll replace the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail ?
I hope that the press statement mentions a new ride in Tomorrowland ( let's hope it's a submarine ride ).

Oh ! Don't forget about the makeover for SuperStar Limo.

mspangler
09-14-2001, 06:55 PM
I sure hope they add another ride or two in Tomorrowland. It's been too long of a wait!

Ralph Wiggum
09-14-2001, 07:49 PM
I think it could be possible that some plans might be cancelled or delayed considering the fact that touirism is expected to be alot slower because of the terrorism

zapppop
09-15-2001, 05:23 AM
War sucks.