PDA

View Full Version : Royal Celebration AP renewal parties on 2/23 and 2/24 - roll call and reviews

olegc
02-23-2015, 09:11 AM
So who's all going besides me? I would guess most renewals are in summer or holidays, but you never know.

Since they titled it a "Royal Celebration" I would think Princess and related characters would be out in force. Long lost characters as well (according to the early announcements).

Maybe some villains too due to the Fantasmic angle.

I wish they would bring back specialty menu items just for these events. Those little touches make these more fun instead of feeling like they want us to eat time up on a weeknight.

Disneyphile
02-23-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm going tonight! :)

As for the special food offerings, it's probably best they dropped those, because they used to sell them all day before the party, and then would often run out before the party even started, thus creating a lot of frustration.

olegc
02-23-2015, 09:57 AM
I'm going tonight! :)

As for the special food offerings, it's probably best they dropped those, because they used to sell them all day before the party, and then would often run out before the party even started, thus creating a lot of frustration.

hmm - well I don't think that was true for the first regular party (where the Soundsational floats were on display). That was the first night of the Mac and Cheese hot dog at Coke Corner along with other items. I have not been to all of the parties so maybe foods changed the process and offered all day. Bummer if true. i guess TDA knows when we'll show up for anything :-/

Mistyj
02-23-2015, 01:18 PM
We're going tomorrow... So, those of you going this evening, we'll expect (okay, okay, we'll really APPRECIATE) any details you can give us on what characters were where, rotating with what groups, etc. and any other tidbits you might you think we'd all find helpful.

And, thank you, in advance.

olegc
02-23-2015, 07:15 PM
So 6 meet and greets. Fab fives, Aladdin, beast and bayou, pocahontas, wishing and dreaming, villains. They are rotating characters (I.e. maleficent and cruella, then prince john and jafar, etc.). Locations throughout the park. Meet and greets start at 830p not as written 9p. Fantasmic at 930p. Royal celebration dance party 830p at fantasy faire. Tomasina on tomorrowland stage. Hourly shows. Free photopass free Cinderella magnet when u get your wrist band.

Mistyj
02-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Thank you, olegc. Exactly what we wanted to know... Hope you're having fun!

olegc
02-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Pocahontas line does not move
-____-

olegc
02-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Park is VERY light in attendance. Everyone in line for pics. Most rides walk on. Most stores open - even Village Haus. Go to instagram and search #APevent for pics.

olegc
02-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Shooting gallery appeared to be free

olegc
02-24-2015, 06:51 AM
As with any of these parties the lines for photos takes all your time. If u want to do that and rides I would recommend coming in early and riding a few u like and having something to eat. Then just before 8 get in line for the pigs u want. Mickey/Minnie are in their royal white outfits and Donald/daisy in tux and fancy dress at the Livery Stable on Main St.

Pocahontas and meeko and john smith at back of Big Thunder Trail.

Belle/Beast and Tiana/Naveen are at old Rapunzel/Frozen meet and greet.

Snow/Prince and Aurora/Phillips at base of castle on fantasyland side (could be wishing well)

Villains at small world plaza. Maleficent, ceuella, queen, queen of hearts, prince john, jafar.

I would say all rides were walk on from 930 on or so. Maybe sooner. Crowd tonight may be slightly different

They had signs promoting the Indiana Jones event. I guess not many are signing up.

seigyoku
02-24-2015, 07:50 AM
%$)*#&$)&%$

PRINCE JOHN AND PRINCE PHILIP???

If either of them are at next week's event, pffft rides or shows. I will spend every minute of the four hours in line for them. ESPECIALLY PRINCE JOHN.

mummy always loved richard best *sucks thumb*

(Historical note - SHE DID!)

Nikara
02-24-2015, 08:19 AM
The Snow/Prince and Aurora/Phillip is near the heraldry shop at the castle. That was the shortest line I saw all evening (and the one we waited in for about 30 minutes). Nothing special in Fantasmic, except for that you didn't need a fastpass! They weren't doing all of the stunts on the boat for the Peter Pan section- everyone was stuck in place.

At the dance party where the Royal Theater is they had the Evil Stepmother and Step Sisters, as well as a Courtier with the glass slipper on a pillow. They were interacting freely (no official lines), and fun to take pictures with.

Your whole group DID NOT have to check in together, despite what they said when I called to ask. As long as everyone has the email and their passes, then can check in whenever they arrive with no problems.

All of the rides except toontown and most of the restaurants were open, with very short lines.

It was a lot of fun, but way more cold than I expected. Make sure to wear lots of layers!

olegc
02-24-2015, 08:23 AM
%$)*#&$)&%$

PRINCE JOHN AND PRINCE PHILIP???

If either of them are at next week's event, pffft rides or shows. I will spend every minute of the four hours in line for them. ESPECIALLY PRINCE JOHN.

mummy always loved richard best *sucks thumb*

(Historical note - SHE DID!)

The next event is tonight. Next week is Indy on westside only.

seigyoku
02-24-2015, 09:28 AM
The next event is tonight. Next week is Indy on westside only.

Oh I know. Just saying if either of them are out for whatever reason.

Seriously, I need to meet Prince John.

bumblebeeonarose
02-24-2015, 02:40 PM
They had signs promoting the Indiana Jones event. I guess not many are signing up.

I wish I could make it down there for Indy. I'm sure it will be great.

olegc
02-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Donald and Daisy's outfits...
http://www.mouseplanet.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=312&title=b66171fe-c212-4587-808f-a449012cf24a&cat=537

lifeisgood
02-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Wish we could have made it down for this one! (I was even in the renewal window for this, too.) My DD would have loved seeing Donald in a tux! (Maybe during the Diamond Celebration he'll dress up more!) We have never been able to attend one of these special parties unless we just happened to be on a trip there when something special was planned. That happened a few times when they were doing "Limited Time Magic."

I was able to work it out to attend the Indy Anniversary, though (yipee!)