PDA

View Full Version : Ways to save on Disneyland Resort tickets and APs even after the 2/22 price change

AVP
02-22-2015, 09:49 AM
If this weekend's price hike on Disneyland Resort admission tickets caught you by surprise, don't panic - there are still ways you can save on Disneyland tickets for your next trip.

I'm only listing legitimate discounts and options below - we don't condone ticket "sharing" here, so if that's the type of advice you're seeking you'll have to look elsewhere. I'll update this thread with other offers as we hear about them - if you know of one, let me know!

Tickets:

1: Check your local grocery store or Disney store

IF your local grocery store or Disney store usually sells Disneyland tickets, check with them to see if they have any at the old prices. It seems that they don't all get the memo the pull the old ticket stock the second Disneyland changes their prices, so you may have a one- or two-day window to hunt down a deal.

2: Purchase through Get Away Today

Get Away Today (http://www.getawaytoday.com/) still shows Disneyland tickets at the old price, and has discounts that save you a bit more. We don't know how long this will last, so jump on it. (http://www.getawaytoday.com/tickets/DisneylandResortArea)

3: Check with your local travel agent or AAA office, credit union, employee benefits office, school, etc.

In the past, travel agencies and ticket resellers could quietly continue to sell their remaining tickets at the old prices after a price change, while inventory lasted. If you work with a travel agent or AAA office that usually stocks Disneyland tickets, check with them. If you have a credit union, benefits office or student union, check with them to see if they have any offers for you. It often takes several days for the prices to update on the websites, so check ASAP.

4: Check with a Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel

MousePad Community Leader Malcon10t has previously noted that "Several hotels in the area (I know the Candy Cane has them) has tickets at the old price until they are gone."

5: Consider the 2015 CityPASS

2015 Southern California CityPASS ($334/$291) – This pass includes aa 3-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Bonus Ticket (including one early-entry day), a one-day admission to Sea World San Diego and a one-day admission to Universal Studios Hollywood. The CityPASS expires 14 days after first use at any location, and the first use must occur by June 2, 2015. Purchase CityPass through the Disneyland Website or on–site at the ticket booths of Disneyland Resort or the other theme parks included in the pass. You can also purchase directly from the CityPass website (http://www.citypass.com/southern-california), though a shipping charge may apply depending on how quickly you need the ticket.

Annual Passports:

1: If your pass expires in March, you can still renew it at the lower price!

Passholders with March expiration dates can renew at the lower price provided you renew no later than 60 days after your pass expires. If you've already received your renewal paperwork by mail, you can just send that in or renew online. If you haven't yet received your paperwork but your pass expires in February or March, you should still be able to renew online - just check the passholder website. Unfortunately, unless you can convince Disney to make an exception for you, people with passes that expire after March can not renew at the lower prices.

2: Check your local grocery store or Disney store

IF your local grocery store or Disney store usually sells Disneyland annual passes, check with them to see if they have any at the old prices. It seems that they don't all get the memo the pull the old ticket stock the second Disneyland changes their prices, so you may have a one- or two-day window to hunt down a deal.

3: Check with your local travel agent or AAA office, credit union, employee benefits office, school, etc.

In the past, travel agencies and ticket resellers could quietly continue to sell their remaining tickets at the old prices after a price change, while inventory lasted. If you work with a travel agent or AAA office that usually stocks Disneyland tickets, check with them. If you have a credit union, benefits office or student union, check with them to see if they have any offers for you. It often takes several days for the prices to update on the websites, so check ASAP.

LLevy
02-23-2015, 05:55 AM
Don't forget the military tickets.

Mickeyfan816
02-23-2015, 09:21 AM
My pass expired on February 2. Here you said you can renew up to 60 days after it expires. But on Disneyland's website, it says this, "Please note: Once your Annual Passport expires, you cannot renew it." So what's correct? Thanks in advance!

currence
02-23-2015, 10:00 AM
My pass expired on February 2. Here you said you can renew up to 60 days after it expires. But on Disneyland's website, it says this, "Please note: Once your Annual Passport expires, you cannot renew it." So what's correct? Thanks in advance!

Maybe you can only do that in person/over the phone? Did you get the renewal notice prior to your pass expiring? If I recall, my last notice said that I could take advantage of the renewal discount for a certain period after my pass expired, but that it would back-date to the date my last pass expired. I ignored all of those notices though since I already had my next set of vouchers.

On a different note, does anyone know which/where grocery stores still sell annual passes? I checked out a few by my office that I thought had them in the past and there is no spot for them (so I don't think they just pulled them). I'm wondering if they aren't being sold as much right now, since the grocery stores have the So Cal Promotional tickets at the moment.

wabby1
02-23-2015, 10:21 AM
My credit union sells the passes, and they are saying that their passes are good through 12/31/15. Credit Unions are a good source for discounts if your Credit Union sells the passes....not all of them do.

Maus
02-23-2015, 11:05 AM

Is it a So Cal pass? Since they no longer sell that one it must be renewed prior to expiration.

Mickeyfan816
02-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Maybe you can only do that in person/over the phone? Did you get the renewal notice prior to your pass expiring? If I recall, my last notice said that I could take advantage of the renewal discount for a certain period after my pass expired, but that it would back-date to the date my last pass expired. I ignored all of those notices though since I already had my next set of vouchers.

I did get the renewal notice, but it said nothing about a renewal period after expiration.

Mickeyfan816
02-23-2015, 12:15 PM
Is it a So Cal pass? Since they no longer sell that one it must be renewed prior to expiration.

It was, yes. I know I can't renew at the SoCal level, but what about Deluxe?

Nikara
02-24-2015, 03:29 PM
I was at my local Ralph's Saturday night, and they didn't have any of the vouchers for annual passes out. An employee helped me dig through the back of their gift card closet to find the APs. Since all of the SoCal discount tickets are on sale, they may have taken the spots of Annual Passes. Make sure to ask!

corona
02-25-2015, 09:10 AM
https://www.giftcardmall.com/brands/86/disneyland-resort

Flynns Arcade
02-26-2015, 06:58 AM
Is there anything special one has to do to get the additional 6 month's free? I spoke to a pass rep. via chat last night and they said there was not a 6 months free offer? I did get clarification that anyone renewing their AP's prior to March 1st will be given the previous price prior to the current increase though. (Ours expire end of March so they told me if I was going to renew to take advantage of the March 1st cut-off.) Also if you renew your pass early they do give you a $20 discount per pass. I am actually going to go renew in person today as I am curious about the 6 months free people are claiming to have received.

candles71
02-26-2015, 07:11 AM
I have not seen anything aot people getting 6 months fre, and honestly I am very skeptical about that if people are saying it. Do you have a source?

Flynns Arcade
02-26-2015, 09:58 AM
I have not seen anything aot people getting 6 months fre, and honestly I am very skeptical about that if people are saying it. Do you have a source?

I keep seeing it on various forum's when searching for"tips on renewing Disneyland annual passes". I am actually going to the park right now to renew in person as one poster on a forum mentioned you only receive the 6 additional months if you renew in person or via the renewal mailer. I'll will ask about it when I visit the ticket window today and post what I found out here. :)

D15
02-26-2015, 12:21 PM
I keep seeing it on various forum's when searching for"tips on renewing Disneyland annual passes". I am actually going to the park right now to renew in person as one poster on a forum mentioned you only receive the 6 additional months if you renew in person or via the renewal mailer. I'll will ask about it when I visit the ticket window today and post what I found out here. :)

Doing a little quick Googling, I only saw two results where people were talking about it, and they were both Disneyland Paris APs...?

Flynns Arcade
02-26-2015, 01:06 PM
Just returned from the D-Land ticket window. The CM told me there is no 6 month free promo but he does see a glitch from time to time where the system adds 6 months to the expiration date randomly, he said it was rare but happens more often then you would think. I was also told that to get the previous pricing on your AP you would need to have a received a letter in the mail and your AP has to expire prior to the 1st. I showed them the chat I had with a CS on the site saying I would be able to get the old pricing with my AP ending March 29th as long as I renewed by the 1st of March. Due to the CM comment from the site they said they would honor what the Chat CM had said even though they had made an error.

A couple of things the CM let me know while we where waiting for various systems to process:

1. If you have an annual parking pass do not let that lapse as Disney is no longer going offer them and are only allowing parking pass holder renewals and not allowing the purchase of new a parking pass.

2. Disneyland does not Pro-rate your contract when you renew early they simply keep the same expiration date you will get charged both for the prior contract payment as well as the new contract payment. You do not end up paying extra as the new contract will in essence be paid off early. Example My contract ends March 29th, if I renewed today I would pay the first payment of new contract billing date now the 26th and then again on the 1st (my prior billing date) as I would get charged for the final month of my previous. in 2016 as of Jan 26th my contract would be paid in full even though I do not have to renew until March 29th

When they pulled up my daughters pass there was a glitch where her info was missing (3rd time this has happened this past year and only to her pass?!?) so now I have to return after Monday when they have that issue fixed as only then can I renew all passes and have them share the same billing cycle. They were very courteous and helpful and made note in my account that will allow me to renew any time between now and the 22nd to get the lower price. Disney may be pricey but they do double down on the service and for that they continue to keep my business.

stan4d_steph
02-26-2015, 08:15 PM
Giving someone 6 months free seems like a bad business model.

Engine74
02-28-2015, 05:50 AM
Just a heads up, the older tickets will be getting pulled crime the grocery stores starting March 3rd and replaced with the new priced tickets.

kartracer8
03-01-2015, 03:08 PM
this isnt true about the pass at the cheaper price for ones expiring in march mine was march 10th and i had to pay the new price pretty frustrating!

Malcon10t
03-01-2015, 05:22 PM
this isnt true about the pass at the cheaper price for ones expiring in march mine was march 10th and i had to pay the new price pretty frustrating!

You renewed and what did they charge you??

candles71
03-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Just thought I would mention that today is the last day to get tickets at pre-increase prices through Get Away Today.

MegP
03-04-2015, 08:44 AM

Did you do it online or at the booths? My sister's pass expires March 13 and she renewed it at the ticket booth when we were there last week - she was charged the old price (minus the renewal discount).