PDA

View Full Version : Official: New Disneyland ticket prices effective Feb 22, 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AVP
02-21-2015, 09:37 AM
Ticket
Old Adult Price
New Adult Price
Increase
Old Child Price
New Child Price
Increase

5-Day Park Hopper
$305
$315
3%
$289
$299
4%

5-Day, 1-Park Per Day
$266
$275
3%
$250
$259
1%

4-Day Park Hopper
$289
$300
4%
$274
$285
4%

4-Day, 1-Park Per Day
$250
$260
4%
$235
$245
4%

3-Day Park Hopper
$265
$275
4%
$254
$264
4%

3-Day, 1-Park Per Day
$226
$235
4%
$215
$224
4%

2-Day Park Hopper
$217
$225
4%
$204
$212
4%

2-Day, 1-Park Per Day
$178
$185
4%
$165
$172
4%

1-Day Park Hopper
$150
$155
3%
$144
$149
4%

1-Day, 1-Park
$96
$99
3%
$90
$93
3%

Annual Pass
Old price
New price
Increase

Premier (DLR/WDW) (includes parking)
$1029
$1099
7%

Premium (includes parking)
$699
$779
11%

Deluxe
$519
$549
6%

Southern California (renewal only, not currently available for new purchase)
$379
$389
3%

Southern California Select
$289
$299
4%

Annual Parking Pass (renewal only, not currently available for new purchase)
$159
$169
6%

This is the official price chart effective Sunday, February 22, 2015.

A few notes:

The annual parking pass is available for renewals only, but not new purchases. If you already have parking on your pass and you renew on time, you can renew the parking.
The Southern California annual pass is once again offered for renewals only for those who already have the pass and renew on time. No new purchases are offered.

D15
02-21-2015, 10:08 AM
So, logistics question. If I were to buy vouchers for 1-day 1-park tickets today (at the $96 price), then upgrade them to an AP (with payment plan) later on- would that count as the down payment, or would I still need to make up the difference?

There isn't a way to get APs at the lower prices today, but not start their clock ticking until we actually get to the parks, right?

Janis and Aaron
02-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Wow. I've been curious about the parking add-on price since it went up so high (was the big increase last year?). Are they trying to drive people from Deluxe to Premium? The difference between a Deluxe w/ parking and a Premium is not that large. I personally made that leap last year, and it has affected my park attendance - I go more often now. Surely that was not what Disney was aiming for?

olegc
02-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Wow. I've been curious about the parking add-on price since it went up so high (was the big increase last year?). Are they trying to drive people from Deluxe to Premium? The difference between a Deluxe w/ parking and a Premium is not that large. I personally made that leap last year, and it has affected my park attendance - I go more often now. Surely that was not what Disney was aiming for?

i can't speak about parking (I have always been a premium) but the word on the street was that last year's removal of new So Cal passes backfired on management. They saw a significant increase in Deluxe sales (meaning more days available in the park) instead of people downgrading to So Cal Select. With payment plans its so easy to just go for the more expensive pass.

Toocherie
02-21-2015, 10:24 AM
ithe word on the street was that last year's removal of new So Cal passes backfired on management. So let's have even more of a backfire this year by people going to the 365-day pass that includes parking? Someone is not thinking this through if their strategy was to reduce the number of AP's to have more free-spending tourists during the 60th Anniversary . . . . . . .

fairestoneofall
02-21-2015, 10:29 AM
So let's have even more of a backfire this year by people going to the 365-day pass that includes parking? Someone is not thinking this through if their strategy was to reduce the number of AP's to have more free-spending tourists during the 60th Anniversary . . . . . . .

Agreed.
11% is huge.

TTFN92
02-21-2015, 10:30 AM
So, logistics question. If I were to buy vouchers for 1-day 1-park tickets today (at the $96 price), then upgrade them to an AP (with payment plan) later on- would that count as the down payment, or would I still need to make up the difference?

There isn't a way to get APs at the lower prices today, but not start their clock ticking until we actually get to the parks, right?

If you bought 1 day vouchers today and upgraded later you would be upgrading to the higher price AP and the amount you paid for the 1 day ticket would go towards it. But if you buy the AP today it won't activate until you go to the park for the first time and that just needs to be before Dec. 31st. So if you have the money to buy the APs today you should do it.

lifeisgood
02-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Bottom Line Up Front:
1. Can I purchase a gift voucher for a Premium Pass today before the price increase, and activate it sometime after my current Deluxe Pass expires on May 11th?
2. Will there be a discount for renewing Deluxe passes, if I choose to renew rather than buy upgraded pass? (I'm not eligible to renew yet.)

So here's the details:
We currently have 3 Deluxe APs that expire May 11th. We were planning to renew 2 of those, and expected to do that on Saturday, May 9th (blockout day) during Tink Half weekend. Already have hotel reservations for Memorial Day weekend (hoping for a 24-hour party on the 22nd, but not holding my breath). Deluxe APs are blocked out the 23rd and 24th. We are also coming Labor Day Weekend for DL half, and Deluxe passes are blocked out that Sat & Sun, too.

We are eligible to buy the military parkhopper deal (3 days of PH for about $130...no fuse, but expire beginning of October). These could be used as our "blockout day" tickets, essentially. We have avoided blockout days in the past, but our vacation situation for the coming year is changing, making it harder to work around "busy" times.

I contemplated buying one Premium pass this year in place of renewing my Deluxe AP. The extra discount on food and merch would be a nice perk, but doesn't really cover the difference in price. We usually stay at a hotel that is walking distance to the parks, so we don't utilize parking (although if I had it available, I would consider other lodging farther out). With the new price, it is not worth it, for me, to upgrade to Premium when my pass expires (unless there is a discount for renewing before expiration...I think I read somewhere that there was no discount on Premium passes...or was it Premier?

It is too early for me to renew the Deluxe APs today. Last year, there was a discount on renewals that covered the price increase. Anyone know if that will be the case this year? I know if I buy a Premium gift voucher online today (if that's even possible) that I will not get any discount (just the lower price before it increases).

Sophie832
02-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Here is my question. We bought the vouchers for $699 today because we can't renew our Premium APs until June . However, we ultimately plan on upgrading to Premier APs, which will now cost $1099 and don't get any renewal discount. If we use the vouchers to get the Premium, and then upgrade to the Premier, do they have us pay the difference between $779 and $1099 as the WDW portion? Or is the WDW portion a set price? I guess what I'm wondering is if there is any point to having bought the $699 voucher? Will we be saving any $ on the Premier?

Sophie832
02-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Bottom Line Up Front:
1. Can I purchase a gift voucher for a Premium Pass today before the price increase, and activate it sometime after my current Deluxe Pass expires on May 11th?
2. Will there be a discount for renewing Deluxe passes, if I choose to renew rather than buy upgraded pass? (I'm not eligible to renew yet.)

So here's the details:
We currently have 3 Deluxe APs that expire May 11th. We were planning to renew 2 of those, and expected to do that on Saturday, May 9th (blockout day) during Tink Half weekend. Already have hotel reservations for Memorial Day weekend (hoping for a 24-hour party on the 22nd, but not holding my breath). Deluxe APs are blocked out the 23rd and 24th. We are also coming Labor Day Weekend for DL half, and Deluxe passes are blocked out that Sat & Sun, too.

We are eligible to buy the military parkhopper deal (3 days of PH for about $130...no fuse, but expire beginning of October). These could be used as our "blockout day" tickets, essentially. We have avoided blockout days in the past, but our vacation situation for the coming year is changing, making it harder to work around "busy" times.

I contemplated buying one Premium pass this year in place of renewing my Deluxe AP. The extra discount on food and merch would be a nice perk, but doesn't really cover the difference in price. We usually stay at a hotel that is walking distance to the parks, so we don't utilize parking (although if I had it available, I would consider other lodging farther out). With the new price, it is not worth it, for me, to upgrade to Premium when my pass expires (unless there is a discount for renewing before expiration...I think I read somewhere that there was no discount on Premium passes...or was it Premier?

It is too early for me to renew the Deluxe APs today. Last year, there was a discount on renewals that covered the price increase. Anyone know if that will be the case this year? I know if I buy a Premium gift voucher online today (if that's even possible) that I will not get any discount (just the lower price before it increases).

It is my understanding that there will be a discount for renewals. Premium AP renewals will be $719. There are no discounts for Premier passes. Maybe AVP can elaborate on renewal discounts?

Malcon10t
02-21-2015, 10:52 AM

There isn't a way to get APs at the lower prices today, but not start their clock ticking until we actually get to the parks, right?If you buy the voucher today, it won't start ticking til you enter the park on your first day (in 2015.)

Malcon10t
02-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Will we be saving any $ on the Premier?No.

D15
02-21-2015, 11:04 AM
If you buy the voucher today, it won't start ticking til you enter the park on your first day (in 2015.)

If you bought 1 day vouchers today and upgraded later you would be upgrading to the higher price AP and the amount you paid for the 1 day ticket would go towards it. But if you buy the AP today it won't activate until you go to the park for the first time and that just needs to be before Dec. 31st. So if you have the money to buy the APs today you should do it.

Right, but both of these are for buying the whole AP up front, correct? Our budget is dependent on the payment plan- so while I could cover the price of the down payment for the APs + 1st month today (~$150 each), I can't swing the whole cost of the $699 each. Just wondering if there's a way to secure the price for the plan now, but not activate until summer... I was guessing not though, since it'd be a bit too good to be true :p

corona
02-21-2015, 11:05 AM
one day parking?

lifeisgood
02-21-2015, 11:06 AM
Thanks, Malcon10t and Sophie832.

So, my question now is...if I'm planning to renew Deluxe APs in May, is it cheaper for me to buy gift vouchers now at $519 (and activate sometime after the current passes expire) or wait to renew in person in May at the $549 price (assuming it doesn't go up again), just before they expire, and get a renewal discount (hopefully)?

Also, isn't there some "minimum number of days" to activate new passes after current passes expire to have them have the later expiration dates? I seem to recall that if you renew your passes after the expiration date they have the original expiration date (plus a year, of course) unless it's something like 30 days later.

For example. If my passes expire May 11th, and I activate new passes on May 22nd, the expiration date will be May 11th, 2016 (treated like a "renewal"). If I activate new passes in July, the new expiration date is one year from activation.

candles71
02-21-2015, 11:15 AM
Right, but both of these are for buying the whole AP up front, correct? Our budget is dependent on the payment plan- so while I could cover the price of the down payment for the APs + 1st month today (~$150 each), I can't swing the whole cost of the $699 each. Just wondering if there's a way to secure the price for the plan now, but not activate until summer... I was guessing not though, since it'd be a bit too good to be true :p

Even on the Payment Plan, your clock doesn't start ticking UNTIL you scan it at the gate. You have 365 days from the day you scan it, not the day of purchase. Yes, I've done it.

lifeisgood
02-21-2015, 11:23 AM
Even on the Payment Plan, your clock doesn't start ticking UNTIL you scan it at the gate. You have 365 days from the day you scan it, not the day of purchase. Yes, I've done it.

This fine print on the order page confuses me:
Please note that Gift Vouchers must be exchanged for Annual Passports during your first visit to DisneylandŽ Resort. Monthly Payments valid only for California residents living in Zip Codes 90000-96199. Sorry, the monthly payment option is not available for Gift Voucher purchases.

Does this mean you can't use the payment plan if you're activating the pass later?

candles71
02-21-2015, 11:31 AM
This fine print on the order page confuses me:
Please note that Gift Vouchers must be exchanged for Annual Passports during your first visit to DisneylandŽ Resort. Monthly Payments valid only for California residents living in Zip Codes 90000-96199. Sorry, the monthly payment option is not available for Gift Voucher purchases.

Does this mean you can't use the payment plan if you're activating the pass later?

No. It means I can't buy Mal a pass as a present on the payment plan. If I wanted to buy Mal a AP (voucher's have names on em) I have to pay the total amount up front. I can buy anyone in my own household a voucher on the payment plan, it isn't activated until scanned at the gate.

disneyis4us
02-21-2015, 11:36 AM
If I get online and buy my tickets right now will I have to pay for the increase when I get to the park? Or is the old price still valid as long as you buy it today?

candles71
02-21-2015, 11:40 AM
If I get online and buy my tickets right now will I have to pay for the increase when I get to the park? Or is the old price still valid as long as you buy it today?
The ticket is valid until the expiration date. So, if you bought it today for 250, and the increase is to 265 (I didn't scan up, I'm just throwing numbers out there ;)) and you ticket is valid until Decemeber 31, 2015. If you go before you are good no other charge. If for some reason you can't go until Jan 5, 2016 you get 250 towards your ticket and would have to pay the difference. And, like ungrading a ticket to an AP, you can only go up not down, so couldn't get $ back towards a lesser value ticket.

lifeisgood
02-21-2015, 11:46 AM
No. It means I can't buy Mal a pass as a present on the payment plan. If I wanted to buy Mal a AP (voucher's have names on em) I have to pay the total amount up front. I can buy anyone in my own household a voucher on the payment plan, it isn't activated until scanned at the gate.

OK, sorry, I've always purchased/renewed my APs at the park. So, if I want to buy a Premium AP to activate later, I click on "Premium Annual Passport" (not "Premium Annual Passport - Gift Voucher") and that gives me a voucher to activate later when I physically go to the park?

The word "voucher" through me off.

candles71
02-21-2015, 11:48 AM
Yes. Don't buy a gift voucher. :) No worries. That is what we are here for. Even Mal asks a question every once in awhile, and I'd consider her the DL guru. :p

disneyis4us
02-21-2015, 11:53 AM
The ticket is valid until the expiration date. So, if you bought it today for 250, and the increase is to 265 (I didn't scan up, I'm just throwing numbers out there ;)) and you ticket is valid until Decemeber 31, 2015. If you go before you are good no other charge. If for some reason you can't go until Jan 5, 2016 you get 250 towards your ticket and would have to pay the difference. And, like ungrading a ticket to an AP, you can only go up not down, so couldn't get $ back towards a lesser value ticket.

Thank you! I know I can always count on you for help! :) I have friends going on Monday and they were just going to buy their tickets at the hotel when they get there. I thought maybe I should give them a heads up. Thank you so much!

Sno182grl
02-21-2015, 12:33 PM
any word yet on the new prices for walt disney world?

Megatron
02-21-2015, 01:02 PM
i can't speak about parking (I have always been a premium) but the word on the street was that last year's removal of new So Cal passes backfired on management. They saw a significant increase in Deluxe sales (meaning more days available in the park) instead of people downgrading to So Cal Select. With payment plans its so easy to just go for the more expensive pass.

Is that a backfire? Seems like it was more profitable for them. Sure, it may have kept the crowds up on weekends, but again, more profit with bodies that have to be fed in the parks. I have a SoCal pass and I'm a little miffed about being over a barrel about renewing it. If I don't do it within the renewal timespan, I'm SOL. There's no way I can pay up to the next level, and the Select is just too restrictive since pretty much every school holiday is blocked out. Then again, no doubt Disney will survive whether or not they have my money.