PDA

View Full Version : Water Attractions

Mommy2NicknMax
10-27-2003, 07:25 AM
Could someone tell me which attractions at DL and DCA you actually get wet on?

Thanks!

Not Afraid
10-27-2003, 07:35 AM
Splash and GRR are almost guaranteed soakers (GRR even more so)

Pirates is a maybe - and even then, soaking is not going to happen.

On Matterhorn, you almost never get wet.

Dot's Puddle Park - that's obvious.

I think that's about all.

ftroop6
10-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Spalsh Mountain in DL and Grizzly River Run in DCA.
Of the two you definitely get the wettest at Grizzly. Also there is a wet play area in Flicks Fun Fair at DCA.

MotorBoat Cruiser
10-27-2003, 09:07 AM
I got absolutely soaked on Grizzly River Run the last time I rode it. Not wet, drenched. My clothes were still wet hours later. Splash Mountain is far more mild. You will dry off in a matter of minutes.

Captain Josh
10-27-2003, 09:22 AM
If you really want to get wet on GRR, you need to sit next to the end, where you get in, and make sure that end faces the front of the ride, the entire time.

Also, I'm not sure, but I believe the SS Rustworthy (?) Play area near the food services at Paradise Pier is likely to get someone wet.

UncleGDogWord
10-27-2003, 11:59 AM
The rocket engine on the test stand in front of Soarin'. When it fires off full that will get you wet and also the fountain in Tomorrowland when they have the water shooting up.

Also, my advice if during the winter you wanna ride Griz or Splash MT. and want to dry out quick, try wearing a Hockey or Football Jersey. The open weave will get you dry a lot quicker.

Freerider127
10-27-2003, 03:26 PM
The only true attraction that you get wet on is GRR, Splash you can get a tad bit wet but not much.

sleepyjeff
10-27-2003, 07:57 PM
The SS Rustworthy can be the wettest.................if you dare to take me on in a water fight:p

prudence
10-28-2003, 10:32 AM
The first time I rode Splash I came off soaked. I was wetter than if I'd just jumped into the shower fully dressed. It was quite unpleasant. I have NEVER left GRR any more than slightly damp.

LegolandMC
10-28-2003, 12:52 PM
Yeah, depending on how the weight is distributed in the log, and where you sit, you can definitely get soaked on Splash Mountain. I have had times where I'll be wet for hours afterwards. And Grizzly definitely gets you soaked too. I've had equally wet experiences on both. ;)

Bounty8111
10-28-2003, 02:20 PM
You haven't lived till you've gone solo on GRR with a group of asian tourists :)

Judging from past experiences, and maybe it's just me, I have a hard time getting off Splash dry.

averagecuppajoe
10-28-2003, 02:22 PM
Wet? How about walking back and forth through the "Little Mermaid" fountain (between the entrance of TL and Matterhorn?) That's fun, trying to catch the water , flying through the air, over your head.

When on SM, you can get wetter by splashing your hands around the outside of the log. Do this at the end of the ride. Be careful not to allow your hands to be pummelled between the log and rail.

This experience is enhanced when all members of your trip agree to a splashing frenzy. I will ask before soaking the rest of the folks who enter a log with me, "Do you wanna get wet on this ride........I mean really, really, really wet?!"

curtisnore
10-28-2003, 06:59 PM
Distribution of weight also determines how wet on Grizz. On five rides= 6 adults on board been drenched twice, 4 adults and sitting in middle soaked twice and dry when riding with youngsters. And there is a difference between drenched and soaking. I suggest taking off socks (had to buy a pair for my soaked son at 12.00 for two at grizz store) extra t-shirt , ride with children only, plastic bags for shoes, parkas . ( but I ride to get wet) or avoid if wet is not your adventure. Our family quits riding 3 hours before sundown. At night when I ride splash mountain, I brought along a hotel towel to wipe off the seat and tied my sweatshirt to fence post outside of ride. At 280 pounds, I get wet on Splash mountain.

disneyfreak168
10-28-2003, 07:22 PM
erg question about Matterhorn:
Is every time different when you splash into the water at the finale if you get extremely wet or not? because once or twice, I got extremely wet (but that was like a year ago)... and the last few times I've been on it, I didn't get wet....

MonorailMan
10-28-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by disneyfreak168
erg question about Matterhorn:
Is every time different when you splash into the water at the finale if you get extremely wet or not? because once or twice, I got extremely wet (but that was like a year ago)... and the last few times I've been on it, I didn't get wet....

Your not suppose to get wet. WDI used water as a great braking system, that wan't break down. :)

jerjer2005
10-28-2003, 07:56 PM
concerning the comment about splashing your hands in the water during splash mountain: while this can be fun it can be vary dangerous, as the logs are not on tracks and can be jared to hit the sides vary quickly (weather from the motion of the ride or another log hitting yours) my suggestion is to always follow disneys rule of keep your hands arms legs and feet inside the log at all times.

concerning the matterhorn: i have gotten sprinkled on during the finale but nothing major... i really cant figure out why you got soaked... maybe the water level? the water in matterhorn was never meant to get you wet but as a way to clean the ride vehicles after every cycle.