Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

olegc
02-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Well, I did not see another appropriate thread - so started a new one

Pic of Mack getting carted down to Disneyland #PaintTheNight
https://twitter.com/Big_Bubba_B/status/567758041513086976/photo/1

TTFN92
02-17-2015, 10:24 PM
I saw that on Facebook earlier today. That would be so fun to see driving next to you :).

olegc
02-20-2015, 02:36 PM
i finally went through watching the Paint the Night video from Hong Kong - and I wonder how they may tweak the elements of the parade. most Disney parades in the US include multiple princesses, multiple main characters from classic AND new films, and some multi-unit floats segments. Without getting into details for those that don't want to know - the HK version of this parade doesn't necessarily follow that format of US parades. I think most of the main elements in the new parade for Disneyland will be there but I wonder about the overall makeup.

I still would recommend strong sunscreen for anyone standing on Main St. as Mack goes driving by. That light wall that is his Trailer is BRIGHT!

D15
02-20-2015, 04:22 PM
I agree and have wondered about the same thing- I believe rumor is that there will be at least 2 other floats besides the duplicates from HK, but even with the addition of the 2 it does seem a bit... I dunno, off? in comparison to the usual format. I'd love to know what will eventually end up being there! (The waiting game... my least favorite!)

And I have to confess I just don't get the Mack float, it literally does just look like a huge wall of light...? :p

olegc
02-20-2015, 04:40 PM
One unit is a frozen theme. I think that was mentioned previously.

I would not characterize it as "off". It's just different and not what's usually some. Of course we can speculate forever until we actually see it but we do have some idea.

I'm right in the middle - a little old, a little new, in balance.

TTFN92
02-20-2015, 05:00 PM
I sort if watched a video of it when we first heard about it. I can't remember a lot about it but I remember thinking it could be fine but I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person. But something to keep in mind is that parades don't film well, like fireworks. You lose a lot of the color and the excitement just is not the same as when it's right in front of you. I will miss MSEP but am excited for this new one.

D15
02-20-2015, 07:13 PM
One unit is a frozen theme. I think that was mentioned previously.

I would not characterize it as "off". It's just different and not what's usually some. Of course we can speculate forever until we actually see it but we do have some idea.

I'm right in the middle - a little old, a little new, in balance.

Right, Frozen and then a MSEP drum/homage type float... if I remember correctly?

Too true about speculation, I'm just very excited to see it! I'm with you right in the middle- a little nostalgia, a little of what the kids know and love now, and I'm good :)

olegc
02-20-2015, 07:21 PM
Right, Frozen and then a MSEP drum/homage type float... if I remember correctly?

That's right - Steve did say during the Preview/Announcement that they would bring back the iconic Drum that Mickey rides on - though now that Mickey is on the last float with his pals - who would beat the drum? Hmmmm. My guess would be Pluto, since the finale unit has Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, and Donald - though it would be more nostalgic if Donald beats the drum (stealing Mickey's thunder ;-) ).

oh - and it looks/sounds like there will be an interactive element - well, at least make you feel like it. Neat.

bumblebeeonarose
02-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Is there still going to be a daytime parade though? I mean it would be odd to not have a day time parade and only have the night time one. So if the current daytime parade continues then it won't matter that princesses and other traditional Disney paradeness isn't in the night parade.

olegc
02-23-2015, 09:01 AM
Is there still going to be a daytime parade though? I mean it would be odd to not have a day time parade and only have the night time one. So if the current daytime parade continues then it won't matter that princesses and other traditional Disney paradeness isn't in the night parade.

that's true - if there is still a daytime parade. No details or information have been announced about that, though.

bumblebeeonarose
02-23-2015, 09:34 AM
I wasn't thinking a new parade, just the exisiting one. I just have a hard time imagining there not being a day time parade at Disneyland. Although it makes it hard to walk through certain areas, it also is an attraction that handles thousands of people at one time freeing up eateries and rides for other guests.

olegc
02-23-2015, 09:36 AM
yeah - they could could Soundsational going for a while. I still like it (though the finale Step In Time is starting to wear on me).

Shortpix77
02-23-2015, 10:18 AM
(though the finale Step In Time is starting to wear on me).

Aw, that's my favorite segment! I agree with you; Soundsational has staying power. It's my favorite daytime parade in quite some time.

I was excited to see that the Disney Parks Blog announced that Neil Patrick Harris will be the host of the new WoC! Love it.

cstephens
02-23-2015, 05:15 PM

Take this for what it's worth - when I talked to a CM about the new parade, they said that Soundsational would still be running as the daytime parade once Paint the Night starts. I can't remember who I talked to, but I know it wasn't a front of the line CM. For some reason, it was someone that I figured might actually know what was planned, which is why I asked.

bumblebeeonarose
02-23-2015, 07:56 PM
That's what I would expect. It just wouldn't make sense to have no daytime parade at all.

candles71
02-23-2015, 10:54 PM
Precedent is there. DCA would play Block Party Bash/ Play Parade during the day, and the electric parade after dark.

olegc
03-04-2015, 02:56 PM
I noticed the post to the blog today about some of the merch design info (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/decades-art-debuts-for-the-disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration/). The one note I caught was that items will be brought out every 60 days throughout the period of the 60th celebration. Even some surprises. So - for someone like me who is local its not that big of a deal. however, for those of you travelling from out of state you may miss items that you really like. Keep an eye out I guess and use shopping services to get items you might miss (or not be here in time to pick up).

olegc
03-05-2015, 10:44 AM
I noticed the post to the blog today about some of the merch design info (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/decades-art-debuts-for-the-disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration/). The one note I caught was that items will be brought out every 60 days throughout the period of the 60th celebration. Even some surprises. So - for someone like me who is local its not that big of a deal. however, for those of you travelling from out of state you may miss items that you really like. Keep an eye out I guess and use shopping services to get items you might miss (or not be here in time to pick up).

btw - that makes four merchandise lines to look at for the 60th. the new one (link above) and the three previous (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/01/disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-merchandise-art-revealed/)

D15
03-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Interesting! I really dig the 55-64 design, can't wait to see the others! Though as you said, I imagine it's going to be difficult for people not in the area to be sure of getting them all. I'll have to keep a sharp eye on these in particular...

TTFN92
03-06-2015, 06:20 PM
I like those diamond pins. Has anyone seen them and know what is inside? I clicked in the link but didn't see anything. I didn't search though.

olegc
03-11-2015, 09:44 AM
With the 24hr kickoff party announcement - the Disney corporate press release also had a couple of things in there for the 60th. I think some of it may had been announced elsewhere but having it all in one place was good for me.
- confirmation that Soundsational will continue throughout the year during the day.
- Frozen will be the only performance at Fantasy Faire's stage
- Mad T Party at DCA has the tag of Diamond Celebration added to the title
- First Time singalong and Anna/Elsa Royal Welcome continues at Animation building (no news on Olaf).

http://disneylandnews.com/2015/03/11/diamond-celebration-will-light-up-the-disneyland-resort-beginning-with-dazzling-24-hour-event-may-22-23/

CariBelle
03-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Tthough it would be more nostalgic if Donald beats the drum (stealing Mickey's thunder ;-) ).

Haha that would be fantastic!

Has an end date been announced for the 60th celebrations? We are going to miss them with our April and May trips, so I'm trying to decide when we need to head back down.

olegc
03-12-2015, 02:29 PM

Has an end date been announced for the 60th celebrations? We are going to miss them with our April and May trips, so I'm trying to decide when we need to head back down.

I don't think an official date has been set but I think at the media show Staggs hinted at an extended multi year period.

Maybe some of the merchants may only go to the end of the year (or while supplies last). I think technically 60th goes to the 61st bday right?

oregontraveler
03-12-2015, 02:30 PM

Compared to the 50th Anniversary, I'm guessing it will go into the summer of 2016.

CariBelle
03-12-2015, 02:35 PM
I don't think an official date has been set but I think at the media show Staggs hinted at an extended multi year period.

Maybe some of the merchants may only go to the end of the year (or while supplies last). I think technically 60th goes to the 61st bday right?

Thanks! That's what I was hoping.

Compared to the 50th Anniversary, I'm guessing it will go into the summer of 2016.

Very true!