PDA

View Full Version : Meal Vouchers

Iggipolka
10-25-2003, 08:51 AM
Can meal vouchers be purchased seperatly from a vacation package? Are they worth the price?

thanks!

MickeyandMe
10-25-2003, 03:11 PM
I really like the meal vouchers and think they are a good deal. I forget the exact breakdown (I can look it up if you are interested), but basically you get about $80 worth of food vouchers for about $72 on the 3-day plan, so there is some savings there.

But, unfortunately, you cannot buy them without buying a package....or Passport Plus. If you buy Passport Plus (available through ANY travel agent - not just AAA - or Walt Disney) you can add the meal plans.

Hope that helps!

sleepyjeff
10-25-2003, 04:15 PM
A FEW THOUGHTS ON MEAL VOUCHERS:

They are a convenient way to budget your trip......It's kinda nice to know that all the cash you have can be spent on souvenieirs, and none need be saved for pesky things such as eating:) :)

It may be hard to beleive, but there are actually some CMs out there that Don't know about the vouchers (mid June of this year one could be found at the Bengal BBQ, and another at award weiners:mad: ).

They don't let you detatch the voucers from the voucher book....this is kinda inconvenient, especialy if you like Grizzly River Run.

If you plan to eat all your meals in the park/resort Hotels, get a meal plan that is one day shorter than the number of nights you are staying...........you may come up a meal short, but it is better to spend a few extra dollars per meal, than to wind up eating your weight in churros to make sure you get your
moneys worth ;)

Polar33
10-26-2003, 01:08 AM
For what it's worth, my opinion on buying the meal vouchers is that they are a waste.

In order to actually save any money you basicaly have to spend the exact amount on the voucher, nothing more nothing less. Anything less will be wasting money as no change will be given. Disney makes voucher amounts set at odd prices so that it will be near impossible to use the exact amount. Most times guests end up buying extra items in order to use the full face value of the voucher and end up paying a little bit more money than they originaly would have if they would have paid cash.

No matter how I figure it, I just don't see a way for guests to actually save money with the vouchers.

Keep in mind I have never used the vouchers personaly, but I have accepted many of them and have had plenty of idle time to contemplate their existance. ;)