PDA

View Full Version : Luigi’s Flying Tires to Become All-New Experience at Disney California Adventure Park

Pages : [1] 2

MousePlanet AutoPoster
02-06-2015, 07:00 AM
Ever since Cars Land opened at Disney California Adventure (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/destinations/disney-california-adventure/?CMP=SOC-DPFY15Q2LuigisFlyingTirestoBecomeAllNewExperiencea tDisneyCaliforniaAdventurePark0001) park in 2012, it has been a huge success. This new land immerses guests in the world of “Cars (http://cars.disney.com/movies?CMP=SOC-DPFY15Q2LuigisFlyingTirestoBecomeAllNewExperiencea tDisneyCaliforniaAdventurePark0002)” and makes them feel like they are standing in the town of Radiator Springs (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disney-california-adventure/radiator-springs-racers/?CMP=SOC-DPFY15Q2LuigisFlyingTirestoBecomeAllNewExperiencea tDisneyCaliforniaAdventurePark0003). We’ve heard from our guests that the cars themselves are one of the things they really love about Cars Land – and today I’m excited to tell you about a project that will bring even more four-wheeled fun.
http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/lululu8265121.jpg (http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/lululu8265121.jpg)
At the end of the operating day on February 16, 2015, Luigi’s Flying Tires (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disney-california-adventure/luigis-flying-tires/?CMP=SOC-DPFY15Q2LuigisFlyingTirestoBecomeAllNewExperiencea tDCA0001) will close as our favorite Fiat departs for a vacation to his home country of Italy to visit with family. When he returns, his Casa della Tires will reopen as a completely new attraction in early 2016. The attraction will feature a new ride system and ride vehicles. We are excited to tell you more about this ride technology, so stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/) for updates as work progresses.
Luigi’s Flying Tires to Become All-New Experience at Disney California Adventure Park by Erin Glover: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com//feeds.feedburner.com/~r/DisneyParks/~4/_H-pB51csqo

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DisneyParks/~3/_H-pB51csqo/)

AVP
02-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Say Ciao to Luigi's Flying Tires. I'm personally really bummed about this. I really like this ride, but I know I'm in a small minority.

AVP

MidwayManiac
02-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Good riddance. The queue is wonderful. Theming spot on. Love it.

The ride itself, though, is a waste of time and space and space is at a premium at DLR.

bumblebeeonarose
02-07-2015, 07:56 PM
I just hope that whatever replaces the ride isn't too similar to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Love Mater's ride, but two rides too similar that close is not a good thing.

stan4d_steph
02-07-2015, 08:53 PM
The ride is fun, but there are too many tires to get up a good head of steam. I know using fewer tires would mean lower turnover so I know it's not a good solution. Also, most people don't seem to get the hang of how to move around well.

Princess of Pi
02-07-2015, 10:10 PM
DH and I really had fun on them and are sad to hear they are going. I'm glad we got to ride them twice on our last trip in Dec 2012.

We thought they were pretty easy to control. What we observed was a number of riders just sitting in the tires texting and taking selfies rather than actively participating so that might have contributed to the negative perceptions.

Disneylandfanguy
02-08-2015, 01:46 AM
Say Ciao to Luigi's Flying Tires. I'm personally really bummed about this. I really like this ride, but I know I'm in a small minority.

AVP

I actually enjoyed the ride as well. Unfortunately, it was problematic for many people, so it just didn't pan out.

Still, I'm looking forward to the new ride system. It is rumored to be a trackless ride system. This will be the first time that this technology is used in a United States Disney park.

danyoung
02-08-2015, 04:55 AM
I actually enjoyed the ride as well. Unfortunately, it was problematic for many people, so it just didn't pan out.

This.

Shortpix77
02-08-2015, 07:17 AM
I enjoyed the ride to an extent, but I never really feel the line time is worth it. Load and unload takes forever, there are too many cars to get going very well, and the ride is short. I actually enjoyed it more when the giant beach balls were involved, but even then it wouldn't have been an "every visit" attraction for me. I'm looking forward to seeing what they put in, though I too hope it isn't too similar to Mater or just another "bumper car" ride...

olegc
02-08-2015, 09:03 AM
I really enjoyed it and will miss it. Lately the load times and wait times have been great - about 20 min on average days that I visited - but it seems to me based on comments that folks did not like it overall. Its an interesting dilemma - because I secretly think Disney WANTS longer lines to show interest in the ride and if there are not a lot of takers they may change something out (based on cost of operation specific to that ride). Of course guests want shorter lines and a good ride - so there's a balance there of what both sides want to make a ride truly popular. Even the die hards know that a 60 minutes pirates line may not be worth it for frequent visitors but many wait in it. Most would not wait for a line for a ride with bad buzz on the internet.

IdahoMike
02-08-2015, 09:32 AM
I have not been to DL since Carsland opened, but my kids have. I was feeling kinda bummed that I will never get to ride it, but all three of them said they didn't like it that much, and they were happy that something new is replacing it. Hopefully the new experience is a big improvement!

violentlyserene
02-08-2015, 12:05 PM
I'm disappointed at the timing. It sounded like something my kids would have loved but it'll be closed long after we're there.

candles71
02-08-2015, 01:30 PM
My youngest (A) and I loved it, the rest tolerated it. She and I could get it moving though. Someone said bumper cars, but with Tuck and Roll right there, I hate that idea. A just says they need to make sure to keep it Luigi's.

wabby1
02-09-2015, 12:54 PM
I wasn't a fan of Luigi's Tires....it didn't hardly move when we were on it....excited to see what they will replace it with. Hard to get an idea based on the picture....cars?

Disneylandfanguy
02-09-2015, 02:18 PM
I wasn't a fan of Luigi's Tires....it didn't hardly move when we were on it....excited to see what they will replace it with. Hard to get an idea based on the picture....cars?

From what I understand, the rumor is that it will be themed to a dance festival that Luigi is holding, and that all of the cars you see in the concept art will be "dancing" and moving around the floor. It is rumored to be a trackless ride system, similar to Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo, Mystic Manor in Hong Kong, and the Ratatouille ride in Paris.

bumblebeeonarose
02-09-2015, 02:46 PM
From what I understand, the rumor is that it will be themed to a dance festival that Luigi is holding, and that all of the cars you see in the concept art will be "dancing" and moving around the floor. It is rumored to be a trackless ride system, similar to Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo, Mystic Manor in Hong Kong, and the Ratatouille ride in Paris.

So curious what it will be like though. Is it a spinning style ride like Mater's? Or something different. Already have the idea of dancing to music, which is Mater's ride...

Disneylandfanguy
02-09-2015, 03:18 PM
So curious what it will be like though. Is it a spinning style ride like Mater's? Or something different. Already have the idea of dancing to music, which is Mater's ride...

I don't think it's going to be a spinner. I think it will be something different.
On the Disney Parks blog, the post author Erin Glover said "We are excited to tell you more about this ride technology" Which hopefully will not take too long.

candles71
02-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Mater's doesn't truly spin.

Disneylandfanguy
02-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Already have the idea of dancing to music, which is Mater's ride...

Well in a way, Luigi's ride has been music related ever since it opened. And as I recall, in the ride's audio, Luigi would sometimes refer to the them as dancing tires. "Lean to make your tires dance" or something to that effect.

MadasaHatter
02-09-2015, 10:58 PM
The artwork for the new attraction is very vague and very strange. It seems like a place holder to me. Excited for the news!

Drince88
02-10-2015, 05:15 AM
The most fun I've had on then was during an early morning when there were some idle tires. Was easier to move around then.

Dave1313
02-10-2015, 05:23 AM
The artwork for the new attraction is very vague and very strange. It seems like a place holder to me. Excited for the news!

Agreed. I can't decide if the artist is trying to show the cars on "sleds" of some sort (like if the cars including wheels would slide around instead of riding on the wheels), or if it's just depicting shadowing under the cars.

danyoung
02-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Mater's doesn't truly spin.

Depends on how you look at it. I always thought of it as a spinning attraction.

bumblebeeonarose
02-10-2015, 06:51 AM
Agreed. I can't decide if the artist is trying to show the cars on "sleds" of some sort (like if the cars including wheels would slide around instead of riding on the wheels), or if it's just depicting shadowing under the cars.

I just thought it was shadows, now I see sleds too...LOL!

carolinakid
02-10-2015, 07:11 AM
I rode Luigi's once and that was enough. Looking forward to something new and improved.