PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Sheraton

Iggipolka
10-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Anaheim Sheraton recently? What is your opinion of it? How is their shuttle? Is it within walking distance to the park?

Thanks for answering my so-many questions! :)

LibraryGirl
10-24-2003, 08:37 PM
I stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim a couple weeks ago and before that in August.

It's a nice hotel. The rooms were nice and big. I would suggest getting a room on the first floor and away from the back end of the hotel (the off ramp for the Mickey and Friends Parking structure and the freeway are there and you can hear traffic noise).

The shuttle is nice, but my only complaint with it is that the last shuttle to come back from the hotel leaves DL at 18 minutes after the park closes, so you don't have time to shop or to go on the last ride.

The walk from the hotel is pretty far, so the shuttle is convenient in that respect.

Parking is something crazy like $10 a day. Personally, I think this stinks because there are times after midnight that they sometimes leave that parking lot arm up and you can come and go freely.

Plus side, the room service is good and the prices are decent.

Enjoy!

Niwel
10-24-2003, 10:02 PM
It is my favorite hotel in Anaheim! I stayed there a few weeks ago and will be there in two weeks. Join the Starwood program (it is free) and you can earn points toward future stays .. plus you get a faster check-in, newspaper and they treat you REALLY well.

Rooms are huge! I've never had a problem with noise. Parking is $8 ... but you get in and out very easily (they put a sticker on your room key). I don't like operating on shuttle schedule and I have parking at Mickey and Friends, so i just move the car in the morning and take the tram from there.

Thumbs up for room service -- always prompt and delicious. Good restaurant. Ice machines and vending are never hard to find. Excellent parking and you can keep your car near the closest door.

You CAN walk it ... Just cross the street at Ox Road/Cast Place and follow the path along the left side of Disneyland Drive. But considering all the walking you'll be doing during the day, you might not want to walk it.

Enjoy your stay!

Bounty8111
10-24-2003, 10:17 PM
I was faced with the tough decision of going with a $70 rate for the Coast hotel, or an $87 for a Sheraton room. I went with the Sheraton, and wasn't dissapointed.

The Sheraton Anaheim is themed like a castle, and the grounds are quite beautiful. I visted this past august 3-6th. The $87 rate was offered at the time, and booked through Sheraton.com directly.

Our room was located on the front end of the hotel, second level almost right above the lobby. No freeway noise, and it had a nice view of the garden on the hotel grounds. Not exactly the high-rise view you get with other major resort hotels, something that I personally normally enjoyed, but I ended up not minding it at all. The room was certainly larger than normal, with a Queen bed, couch, coffee table, desk, and decent sized bathroom.

The Sheraton Anaheim has two full-sized buses that it uses for it's shuttle program. Even though they normally ran one bus at a time, capacity was never a problem. In fact, the one time I thought it would be was right before park closing, when a huge Sheraton group gathered that would obviously fill two buses. I expected to have to wait for another trip, but sure enough, both buses pulled up. Awesome drivers, too. Funny guys. Especially the Robert Goulet look-alike.

The hotel has a gift shop in the lobby, as well as a resturant (The Garden Bistro), arcade, and full-service Deli that was open way late..something like 11pm. That deli was awesome, by the way, and having it open that late was a great idea.

Ate at the resturant twice, and the food wasn't bad at all. The service was great, we had a wonderful waitress.

The only negative was the parking charge, which at $10 a night is admittedly a bit of a rip, but it certainly wouldn't prevent me from staying there again.

Also, one last thing...If you decide to go with Sheraton, sign up for the Starwood Perferred Guest program they have. It's free, and they seem to love you even more if you're a member.

~S.T.

Andrew
10-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Please consider submitting those terrific reviews to our Review system (http://www.mouseplanet.com/reviews). This will help those looking for hotel information find your reviews. Thanks!

Iggipolka
10-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses. My partner and I are both Starwood members and are going to use our points and stay four nights at the Sheraton for free! Woohoo! Yes, we have a _lot_ of points.
Thanks for all the info!