PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Special Stuff

Iggipolka
10-24-2003, 03:53 PM
My partner is taking me to Dizzyland for my birthday in November. WOohoo! I've never been there, so I'm really excited and feel like a kid, even though i'm in my mid 30's.
I was wondering what (if any) special stuff Disneyland does for birthdays? We're going to a character breakfast and are planning on mentioning there that it's my birthday, but I'm wondering about other things. I had read somewhere that there's a special birthday pin that you can pick up at City Hall? Anyone know anything about that?

Thanks!

Dexter
10-24-2003, 04:01 PM
You can get a birthday sticker from City hall or the Birthday Cart at Plaza Inn, that sticker will save you from having to tell anyone that it's your birthday as most cast members will wish you a happy birthday as you pass them.

At the sit down restaraunts (blue bayou, Carnation Plaza, or Ariels Grotto, The Vinyard room) your server may bring you a birthday dessert. Your partner can also purchase a 20 birthday bucket if they so desire instead of having the birthday dessert. I've bought two for friends. The waitress at Carnation Plaza actually had the entire restaraunt (it's not very big) sing happy birthday to the individual I purchased it for.

Have a great time!

Freerider127
10-24-2003, 05:51 PM
Have a enchanted time. You will will enjoy it:fez:

experiment626
10-24-2003, 09:03 PM
You can get a sticker (not button) at City Hall. There is nothing garenteed because you have it (so don't expect it). You may get free dessert at Sit Down Restaurants and I have heard that you may get a cookbook at DCA's Mission Tortilla or a free Cookie at the Bakery (also at DCA). MY DD got nothing but an occasional "happy birthday" when we were there for her Birthday in April.

PhilMP
10-25-2003, 12:51 AM
And don't forget the special phone call from Goofy singing you Happy Birthday. :)

Phil

Iggipolka
10-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Thanks! I'm assuming that the birthday call from Goofy is only if you're staying at a Disney Hotel?

MammaSilva
10-25-2003, 08:28 AM
No, actually if you go to City Hall and get your birthday sticker, often they'll make the call to him and hand you the phone. If they don't offer, ask....if you get your sticker someplace other than City Hall, any of the stores in the parks can assist you in making the call to Goofy. Hope that helps.

Iggipolka
10-25-2003, 08:53 AM
Wow! that's great! I'll certainly be doing that!
Could someone also tell me what is in the Birthday Buckets?

Thanks for putting up with all my questions. I'm just can't wait to get there!

MammaSilva
10-25-2003, 09:22 AM
I'll fess up to being too lazy to go research links for you but over the last 2 trips we've had occasions to buy 3 of the birthday buckets. First one was Buzz Lightyear... the bucket is really pretty cute, it comes with what they call a single serve cake (but it's really pretty big for one person... it could serve 2 very easily and 4 if everyone just wanted a small taste of birthday cake). For that occassion we were at the Carnation Cafe, and the wait staff brought the cake with a candle lit and asked the rest of the guest to help sing Happy Birthday to my nephew (who is still plotting revenge on Dexter :D ) The bucket had some stickers, an alien toy, stickers some other odds & ends and a cute Buzz Lightyear Happy Birthday pin. Then on our last trip we had purchased the Sorcerer Mickey Bucket for one of our group, the bucket has the cute hat with ears, it came with the cake but since we were at a scramble service (the Plaza Inn) no CM's came to sing. That one had stickers, a cute little Mickey plush (we're talking SMALL plush...4 inches maybe?) and the obligatory Happy Birthday pin. The other bucket is a Princess bucket....same situation as the first, we were at the Carnation, the wait staff brought the cake with a candle.. everyone sang and clapped and the bucket had a small grooming set, stickers and the birthday pin.

Of the three, I think the Sorcerer Mickey is the cutest and best value (but I'm a Mickey fan so I might be biased) but they are all 3 adorable and the memories of having an entire restaurant sing Happy Birthday... priceless!

Not Afraid
10-25-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by MammaSilva
No, actually if you go to City Hall and get your birthday sticker, often they'll make the call to him and hand you the phone. If they don't offer, ask....if you get your sticker someplace other than City Hall, any of the stores in the parks can assist you in making the call to Goofy. Hope that helps.

If you go to the Disney Gallery, they have a speaker phone, so all in your party can hear Goofy.

Also, see if Lagniappe is around. He will make your birthday special - if not totally silly.

Iggipolka
10-25-2003, 10:34 AM
Sorry to be so dense, but who or what is Lagniappe?

Andrew
10-25-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Iggipolka
Sorry to be so dense, but who or what is Lagniappe?

Lagniappe is the mime who can usually be found in New Orleans Square.

snappy
10-25-2003, 10:41 AM
My wife took me on my birthday and I received the following:

Button with Happy Birthday with my name on it.
(All day long cast members kept saying Happy Birthday.)

Balloons with Happy Birthday on them

A black and white photograph with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald in front of the castle. Including signatures

Considering we were guest at the GCH they really make it special. She called ahead and they arranged everything.
*Great day.

wannabe-disneygeek
10-25-2003, 07:29 PM
The CMs really do go out of their way to watch for the "Happy Birthday" stickers and call people by name if they've got a GOH badge in my experience.

One of the most magical moments of our trip for my 8-year old was watching the afternoon parade while wearing her birthday sticker. I swear, every single Princess not only waved at her but also mouthed, "Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!!" as she passed. I thought Izzy was going to die of excitement ("Oh my GOSH, Mom, did you SEE that??!! Sleeping Beauty just wished ME Happy Birthday!!")

...--Alli

cstephens
10-27-2003, 04:25 PM
There's a fourth birthday bucket now available that we noticed yesterday. It's a Pooh honeypot. I'm not into Pooh, but I still think it's cute, and I may end up buying it for a friend. This week's DLR update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr031027.htm) also contains a picture of it.