PDA

View Full Version : Photo Advice and More

LVBoi
10-24-2003, 01:02 PM
Hi All,

After moving from the East to NV this year two new friends and I are going to DL and DCA in Dec. This is my first trip to both parks (I spent 1 day in the Magic Kingdon years ago in FL). My friends however are old hand Dismaniacs but have decided to 'initiate" me by making me plan the trip. So far so good...but I want to get a really good picture with Mickey of the three of us so I can get it blown up as a Christmas present to them. Where is the best place and time to meet up with Mickey..or other characters...we will be there Dec 8 9 10...Mon -Wed.

Thanks

PS Any other advice is very welcome...would love to show these guys up with a suprise or two. :D

MammaSilva
10-24-2003, 01:17 PM
A couple of suggestions on the Mickey Picture.. just as you enter the park thru the right hand tunnel (near the stroller rental area) you can usually find Mickey hanging out on that side of the street....there will be a line but it's 'free'.. the second option is to visit him at his house in Toon town, take the tour of the house, stroll out back to the barn and wait for the meet & greet. There will be a professional photographer taking shots at that meet & greet but they will happily take a few shots with your camera as well and you're not under any obligation to even go view the pics they took if you don't want to.

Hope that helps.

Not Afraid
10-24-2003, 01:27 PM
I have found DCA to be an easy place to get a hold of Mickey. I'be seen him in the Hollywood Backlot many times. Also, if they have the ice rink this year by the tree in PP you can get some really festive Christmas pictures.

miss bianca
10-24-2003, 01:39 PM
As far as "surprising them" - learn where the Hidden Mickeys are on a handful of attractions.

see: www.hiddenmickeys.com

Boy will they be shocked when you can point them out while on the rides.