PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion today

mrs. dr jones
10-24-2003, 11:13 AM
does anyone know what is happing at hm today?
several radio stations are going to be broadcasting there.:fez:

BJW
10-24-2003, 11:48 AM
HA! I'm going to laugh my "you know what" off if this ride breaks down several times while they try to do this event. Hopefully they'll fix this ride so it doesn't become a total embarassment for the park to the media if it keeps breaking down like it did last week!

Not Afraid
10-24-2003, 12:07 PM
I'm sure this is all part of the ad campaign for this year's HMH. They've had full page back cover ads in the papers I read on a daily basis (today there was an added block at the bottom advertising a Brother Bear "adventure").

I'm surprised how many people have had trouble on this ride. I've been on 7 times so far and haven't had any major issues - although there were some stops and starts that seemed excessive for SAP load-in last Sunday).

DopeyWife
10-25-2003, 10:30 AM
We were there and saw all the radio stations broadcasting. When I asked someone why they were there, the answer I got was to do some live broadcasting. The CMs didn't really know why they were there.

Cadaverous Pallor
10-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by DopeyWife
We were there and saw all the radio stations broadcasting. When I asked someone why they were there, the answer I got was to do some live broadcasting. The CMs didn't really know why they were there. Why else would they be there? :confused:

Demigod121
10-26-2003, 01:19 AM
And today's word for the day, boys and girls, is PROMOTION.

PRO - MO - TION.

Thank You, thank you. Now move along. That's right. Beat it.

-Demigod
(Lovingly Facitious...yeah, that sounds good....lol....)

SoCalDisneyLover
10-26-2003, 05:40 AM
Like the Haunted Mansion needs any more crowds. Last night it was almost a 2 hour standby wait. Perhaps they might want to promote a different "new" attraction. Oh...I'm sorry...that's right...they haven't actually had one of those for about 8 years.

Haldwitten
10-26-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Why else would they be there? :confused:

Blah ha! Thank you!! I was asked six million times what was going on in front of the Mansion. When I said the radio stations were there doing a live remote, I was invariably asked, "What for?" Duh. Promoting Holiday Mansion. That answer was never good enough for some reason... people wanted to know more when there wasn't any more to tell. They're BROADCASTING from in front of the HAUNTED MANSION as a promotional thing. How much more is there?