PDA

View Full Version : crowds 1st week of december?

lilstreet
10-24-2003, 12:06 AM
I was jut wondering if anyone knows how crowded DL gets during the first week in December. I will be the Dec. 1-6. I can't remember if it has gotten really bad in the past or not. Please let me know if anybody has any info!! Thanks

Towmod
10-24-2003, 07:49 AM
I have found that if you call the main Disneyland number they are very helpful and honest when evaluating anticipated crowds.

disneyfan
10-24-2003, 08:02 AM
My family and I went to the DLR last year during the first weekend in December and it was very crowded. And I do mean VERY crowded. By mid afternoon, the lines for Haunted Mansion Holiday and Pirates were so long, I swore if they had gotten any longer, they would've run into each other. But since we are only able to visit the park once every few years, I couldn't honestly say if that is normally how busy it is during that time. Someone who goes all the time would definitely have a better idea. The holiday decorations and Christmas atmosphere are worth braving the crowds for, though.

MammaSilva
10-24-2003, 08:08 AM
You can count on crowds for a few reasons, first, December 5th is Walts birthday and so there will be extra fans in the park (not that the park will actually DO anything to celebrate, but padders have been known to orchastrate their own celebrations!) then on that weekend it's the Candlelight program... major major draw for the park .. resulting in huge crowds.....think Mid summer level attendance and you're going to be pretty close... earlier in the week it shouldn't be quite as bad, but remember the parks close really early during the week in the winter.

daannzzz
10-24-2003, 08:15 AM
I have been a couple times the first week od December. Mon-Fri mornings are fine and you can get a lot done if you arrive and get inside right at opening. As the later Afternoon comes on it starts getting more crowded as people want to be there for the parades and fireworks. The locals and Annual Passholders come in after works and the park is packed. It works good if you get all the rides done in the morning and early afternoon and then spend the late afternoon and evening getting nice spots for the parades, fireworks and doing the less popular rides as well as some people watching. Fantasmic will show two times a night on Friday and Saturday. If you can, stay for the later version. All of this takes some time so it is good you will be there for a longer stay.

mousey_girl
10-24-2003, 11:39 AM
This is usually a big time for corporate parties and things like that. DL is usually closed @ 6 at least one night during that week.

The early closing never bothers me, we just head to DTD and play for a bit at ESPN Zone.

As for the crowded days, just try to take a break during the day. Head back to your hotel for some down time.

We plan on spending some time at the Neverland Pool with some special guests this year!!