PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary event for Indy ride?

ShirleyFilms
01-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Is there anything special happening for the 20th anniversary of the Indiana Jones ride on March 3?

I am pretty out of the loop these days. Thanks!

olegc
01-27-2015, 07:54 AM
nothing formally announced - and I bet most of the marketing budget this year is tied up in the 60th anniversary refurbs, shows, and planned commercials, etc. No info on that its just a hunch of mine.

lifeisgood
01-27-2015, 08:58 AM
Is there anything special happening for the 20th anniversary of the Indiana Jones ride on March 3?

I am pretty out of the loop these days. Thanks!

Did you say "loop?" ;)

ShirleyFilms
01-28-2015, 02:24 PM
Did you say "loop?" ;)

:)

Well. If anyone happens to be there on that day... and there happens to be some wondrous, unannounced merchandise event going on... and that person happens to feel so inclined... I would gladly reimburse for any cool limited-edition Indy-related collectibles.

Just sayin. :)

Guessing there won't be squat. But I really like the stuff I have from the 10th anniversary (pocketwatch, snowglobe, perpetual calendar, etc - photos: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/indyevent.html ). Would be great if they did some little thing for it.

Sadly, I cannot make it out in March, either way.

olegc
01-28-2015, 02:49 PM
:)

Well. If anyone happens to be there on that day... and there happens to be some wondrous, unannounced merchandise event going on... and that person happens to feel so inclined... I would gladly reimburse for any cool limited-edition Indy-related collectibles.

Just sayin. :)

Guessing there won't be squat. But I really like the stuff I have from the 10th anniversary (pocketwatch, snowglobe, perpetual calendar, etc - photos: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/indyevent.html ). Would be great if they did some little thing for it.

Sadly, I cannot make it out in March, either way.

i would expect a commemorative LE pin - as they have done this for every other attraction (BTMRR, Splash, HM, etc.). But no special event. (they did not do a special 20th for any of the other things).

It was interesting looking at your photos and descriptions from the 10th event. I was there - and still have the perpetual calendar in my family room, but I can't remember all that food. I do remember how late the schedule was, Tony Baxter's stories, and being absolutely alone on Pirates - no one in any boats 4 in front or 4 in back of us. Surreal.

ShirleyFilms
01-28-2015, 03:44 PM
i would expect a commemorative LE pin - as they have done this for every other attraction (BTMRR, Splash, HM, etc.). But no special event. (they did not do a special 20th for any of the other things).

It was interesting looking at your photos and descriptions from the 10th event. I was there - and still have the perpetual calendar in my family room, but I can't remember all that food. I do remember how late the schedule was, Tony Baxter's stories, and being absolutely alone on Pirates - no one in any boats 4 in front or 4 in back of us. Surreal.

I'm sure you are right about the pin. Pins, I don't do.

That link wasn't mine. Just found it on the interwebs. But. It was a very interesting event, to be sure.

moofeet
01-28-2015, 04:50 PM
Maybe they'll have Chris Pratt go ride it?

olegc
01-28-2015, 07:47 PM

ha ha - I see what you did there #reboot

cstephens
01-29-2015, 09:44 AM
But I really like the stuff I have from the 10th anniversary (pocketwatch, snowglobe, perpetual calendar, etc - photos: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/indyevent.html ). Would be great if they did some little thing for it.

That's actually my write-up.

I can think of a number of people who would be thrilled to ride Indy with Pratt. :)

olegc
01-29-2015, 10:05 AM
That's actually my write-up.

I can think of a number of people who would be thrilled to ride Indy with Pratt. :)

i thought so when I saw the URL but wasn't sure.