PDA

View Full Version : Next Round of AP Appreciation Party is announced...

Pages : [1] 2

olegc
01-25-2015, 09:45 PM
See the info at the link
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passholder-anniversary-invitation-event/

tea4two
01-25-2015, 10:23 PM
That sounds fun! If anyone has 2 spots available for the Monday night event, please pm me. TIA!

tea4two
01-25-2015, 11:48 PM
MP people rock!

lifeisgood
01-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Got my invitation in the mail. Not sure if it's worth an overnight trip. Looks like it's an after-hours Fantasmic! show, "select attractions, dining, and merchandise locations" open, and character greetings "throughout the park."

For those who have attended these events, what has your experience been?

olegc
01-27-2015, 09:44 AM
the february event last year was well, um, not lame - but quite sparse compared to ones later in the season (halloween, holidays, etc.). Sounds like again there is just the basics- but maybe more of it. Maybe PhotoPass will be free (yeah right). Or - we can call it a wake if the rumored price increases I have seen mentioned on multiple locations come to pass.

A Shellie Day
01-27-2015, 12:55 PM
Got my invitation in the mail. Not sure if it's worth an overnight trip. Looks like it's an after-hours Fantasmic! show, "select attractions, dining, and merchandise locations" open, and character greetings "throughout the park."

For those who have attended these events, what has your experience been?

I attended the Christmas one with my husband and a friend. They had many characters out, and digital Photo Pass photos from the night were free for everyone that attended. But, the lines for the characters were huge, so we didn't end up getting any. We watched the special showing of the Christmas parade, went on some rides (though, I can't honestly remember which ones), and watched the band in Tomorrowland (while eating cookies, and hot chocolate we bought). At the end of the night, everyone got a free Christmas ornament (you had a choice between a green one, or a red one -- they were bulbs, with a snowflake and "Disneyland Annual Passholder" printed on them, or something like that). I liked the ornaments and put them on my tree, even though they're really nothing fancy. And I liked that the park wasn't really crowded. It was a nice little trip, but it's not something I'd go out of my way to attend if I didn't live near by My husband and I had to leave early, because we both had to get up really early the next morning.

olegc
01-27-2015, 01:28 PM
I do find it interesting that its called a "party" but its not much different from regular operating hours - except maybe that its only passholders in the park. When they did the very first one with the Soundsational floats out for close inspection and some photo ops for a long period of time it seemed great (though the entire park was not open). They also had special menu items that night - but it was not an Appreciation party for those renewing - it was just sort of an appreciation thank you. I know they do this so that passholders come on these nights instead of busy days for regular guests (so that guest experience is improved) but there are so many things to plan for to make these work that creating something for the largest audience means fewer extras.

roast
01-30-2015, 08:31 AM
Two of us would also be interested in attending either Monday night or Tuesday night (or both). If someone has room and can help us that'd be great. The December party was fun but very long lines to meet characters, and we'd like to meet some more hopefully rare characters and have fun with other passholders. Please contact me so I can get you our passholder information.

Nikara
01-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Looks like I will have some invites available (4-5). I'm going Monday night (the 23rd). Message me and we can chat.

roast
02-02-2015, 07:18 AM
Looks like I will have some invites available (4-5). I'm going Monday night (the 23rd). Message me and we can chat.

I've messaged you if I'm not too late....I thought it would send me an e-mail when someone posted here so I may be too slow....

Nikara
02-02-2015, 07:30 AM
I just replied!

Quick question for the crowd- If you have a premiere pass which number are you supposed to use?

currence
02-02-2015, 08:51 AM
I just replied!

Quick question for the crowd- If you have a premiere pass which number are you supposed to use?

I *think* it will be the 20 digit number, but I'm not 100% sure.

roast
02-02-2015, 07:14 PM
So I messaged you again Nikara with all our details but still am not sure if they went though (after sending you probably 5 private messages and an e-mail). SO please please let me know if you didn't get the info and I'll try try again.

Nikara
02-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Got it! All set for tomorrow.

roast
02-03-2015, 06:44 AM
Got it! All set for tomorrow.

Wondeful! Thank you!

Nikara
02-03-2015, 08:56 AM
The link is now live for me, but I'm getting a crazy error message when I try to input my information...

Nikara
02-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Phew! All set. I couldn't get it to work in Internet Explorer, but it worked for Chrome. I'll message everyone who is coming with me!

roast
02-03-2015, 09:11 AM
The link is now live for me, but I'm getting a crazy error message when I try to input my information...

May have something to do with the Premiere pass. I have no idea. Maybe call customer support? Not sure of their number though....

roast
02-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Phew! All set. I couldn't get it to work in Internet Explorer, but it worked for Chrome. I'll message everyone who is coming with me!

Ahh good!

olegc
02-03-2015, 10:28 AM
it was weird - the link was live at 9:55 am but it was loading all bonkers. By 10am it loaded (but I was blocked from registering at work). Luckily at 1115am I could still register (and I had guests I was responsible for) using my very small phone screen.

Toocherie
02-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Looks like both dates are full now? I didn't register.

AZImmortal
02-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Did anyone else register and not receive a confirmation email? I'm worried that my registration didn't go through.

currence
02-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Did anyone else register and not receive a confirmation email? I'm worried that my registration didn't go through.

Did you check your spam mail? I knew at least two that went there.

AZImmortal
02-05-2015, 09:21 AM
Did you check your spam mail? I knew at least two that went there.
Thank you so much for that. It was in there, which is weird considering I've registered for other events and it went to my regular inbox.

stan4d_steph
02-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Thank you so much for that. It was in there, which is weird considering I've registered for other events and it went to my regular inbox.Were you able to register this morning?