PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana Inn Renovations?

JosieGirl71
10-22-2003, 09:28 PM
I am once again bugging you guys for input on hotels. I have reservations at Tropicana Inn and am wondering if anyone has stayed there since the renovations were recently made. We are only paying $68/night which seems to be the cheapest for June 2004.

spectromen
10-23-2003, 07:11 AM
Hmm, seems a little high for a little motel next to a McDonald's to me. I often get the bigger hotels (Marriott, Hilton, West Coast, Clarion) around the convention center for $39 or so on Priceline and I would suggest trying that route about a month before you go just in case.

stinkerbell
10-23-2003, 09:32 AM
$68 sounds good for a June rate. :)

We had friends stay at the Tropicana in December of 2001, and I visited their room. It was spacious for a family of five and they were really happy with their stay. Not a single complaint. (At the time, we were staying next door at the Park Place Inn. ) I'm sure you'll like it-- the price is pretty darn good and the location couldn't get any better.

You seem like you're having fun with all your planning, by the way. Enjoy!

dsnylndmom
10-23-2003, 12:07 PM
I agree with Stinkerbell that sounds like a good rate for June. We haven't stayed there but have heard good things about it!

daannzzz
10-23-2003, 02:02 PM
Through the late 70's and the 80's I stayed at Tropicana several times. The last time was in 1994. It has always been a fine enough place to stay. The pictures of their new rooms look nice and the new exterior on the front, while not the same kind of Tropical look as before, is a great improvement. I haven't stayed there since 94 because I have found I like the HoJo and Candy Cane, when staying off property, somewhat better. With the remodel I may try them again just out of curiosity. A friend of mine is taking her family their in a month and I will report back...if I remember! :)

Hyperboy
10-23-2003, 02:28 PM
I just stayed at the Tropicana at the beginning of this month (October 3-5) and I would definitely stay there again.

I mean, it's your basic hotel room. I had a room with two double beds, which were comfortable. The room was clean and the shower had hot water. Also in the room was a coffee maker, which came in handy. There weren't the amenities of a resort hotel, but it depends on what you're looking for. I didn't really need a place to get massages, etc. I basically wanted a convenient place to sleep and a clean place to shower, which I definitely got. It wasn't a "let's hang out at the hotel" kinda place, since the rooms are relatively small, but it wasn't a dump by any means.

They also have some sort of breakfast, but I never got up early enough to try it, lol (I think it ends at 10:30 or 11). They have a pool, but I didn't use it since I wanted to go to Disneyland during my waking hours :) Check in and check out were quick and painless, and the rates were good (I think I paid around $64/night).

I parked my car in their lot near my hotel room and didn't have any problems doing so. After I checked out, they let me keep my car in their lot for the rest of the day.

However, the best thing about the Tropicana is its location. You totally can't beat it!!! It is closer to the park entrances than the Disneyland Hotel, at half the price (literally across the street from the tram entrance on Harbor Blvd.). I hung out with friends in their hotel room at HoJos, which was nicer (because they had a suite), but it was an extra 10 minute walk from the Tropicana.