PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon extras?

The Photographer
10-22-2003, 07:30 PM
My cousin and his wife are going to DL this Sat as part of their honeymoon. I've pre-paid their tickets, made a reservation for them at Blue Bayou and giving them my personal guide. What I don't know is if there are any special perks to being on a honeymoon. They didn't do any package deals, but has anyone experienced and "extra special treatment"?

He's my favorite cousin so I'm looking into everything. :D

Thanks.

chinamama
10-22-2003, 09:29 PM
Are they staying at any of the hotels? We stayed at the Disneyland hotel for our Anniversary and they gave us a "Honeymoon" turn down......

Trying to get some pictures loaded of it.....

stinkerbell
10-23-2003, 11:46 AM
Last October, I kept running into a honeymooning couple who was "collecting" goodies throughout the day. First step was getting their bride and groom ears from a CM, I think on Main St. I saw them go by another time, with more goodies, and then they sat next to me in the Tiki Room and a CM presented them with a ukulele and congratulated them.

I wanted to ask how it was all arranged, but I didn't want to intrude. I know that here on MP, at one point AVP had announced something about the Princess birthdays where the child would get a crown and then added things from checkpoints and CM's around DL throughout the day. Seems to me, it was the same sort of deal I witnessed. It looked very special and way cool.

kisroo
10-23-2003, 08:35 PM
When we were on our honeymoon last yr, we stayed at the Grand Cal. and the concierge treated us like royalty (our travel agent had told them that we them were on our honeymoon) ;) In fact, so much so, that I have a great pic of DH picking up rose petals from our 4th special "turn-down" service with a bit of a "this is ENOUGH already look" on his face. :rolleyes:
Anyway, it really was seriously awesome how much they went out of their way to leave surprises for us each evening. Our personall fave~a plateful of chocolate covered strawberries left for us one night. They also arranged chocolates in the shape of a heart and mickey heads on our side tables.
In the park, we didn't really broadcast that we were honeymooning. However, when we mentioned to our waiter at the Blue Bayou that we were on our honeymoon, she brought us dessert and took our picture.
I do know that many hotels will arrange for special turn down or decorations in the room if prearranged. And, I'm sure if CMs know, your cousin and new wife will receive the royal treatment throughout the park. It's so sweet that you want to make it special for them~I think DLR is one of the most romantic places to honeymoon...but then again, I'm partial :)
~kisroo

prudence
10-24-2003, 10:30 AM
eh, we also told everyone it was our honeymoon and not only did we not get any honeymoon turn-down service, we didn't even get our paid-for turn-down service (concierge at PP). (We asked about it in the lounge and were told in no uncertain terms that turn-down did not come with the concierge rooms and that we would have to pay extra for it.)

And the whole resort was out of bride ears until our last day.

miss_sonja
10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
On our last trip, April 2003, we were at the DL hotel on our anniversary. They left us a bottle of sparkling cider and strawberries with whipped cream! A nice treat!

DopeyWife
10-25-2003, 10:27 AM
We were at the DL Hotel for our anniversary in August 2003 and didn't get anything. But we were at the Grand Californian the year before and got some balloons and an autographed picture of Mickey and Minnie.

kisroo
10-25-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by prudence
eh, we also told everyone it was our honeymoon and not only did we not get any honeymoon turn-down service, we didn't even get our paid-for turn-down service (concierge at PP). (We asked about it in the lounge and were told in no uncertain terms that turn-down did not come with the concierge rooms and that we would have to pay extra for it.)

And the whole resort was out of bride ears until our last day.

Ohhh, Prudence! I'm sorry~I remember reading your thread prior to your wedding, too. I hope you ended up having a wonderful time anyway.
Ironically enough the GC didn't do the special turn-down the first night, but they made up for it the rest of the trip...so I'm really sorry to hear your experience. I probably would have complained~especially since you were concierge for cryin' out loud! :mad:
~kisroo

polar12
10-26-2003, 07:40 PM
I got married at Disneyland.... spent a TON OF MONEY! I did get a suite at the grand for the night of the wedding (we did 1 week at GC, then on to WDW for a week more). We got the choc. covered strawberrys..and that was it. Then...... it all came apart. THe maid started knocking at our door at 7am!!!! You DO NOT knock on a honeymooners door at 7am. SHe kept coming back every 15/20 min to see if we were out yet, it did not show on her "list" that the room was occupied. We called the front desk after the maids 3rd visit and they assured us that they would take care of it. After that, my new wife and I went to breakfast to say goodbye to the wedding party that was still at the resort. When we got back to the room, the maid had thrown away all of our scrapbooking stuff (she called garbage) that consisted of things like the wedding program, wedding napkins, disposable cameras, rose pettles from the flower girl...ect.ect. Our baggage had been moved out of the room.... so on and so forth. We ran down to the front desk, they were able to get our disposable cameras ( they did however lose 2 of them) but all the other stuff (including my wifes boquet) was thrashed. Completely destroyed....

We did get 2 free nights at the GC (standard room) as an appology....( and Oh yea! I cant use those nights near the holidays.. only off season I guess) I would have expected a few free night in a suite after all of their screw ups and the fact that we had just paid close to $45,000 to get married there....

Oh well, just a bad story.
Thought I would share while on the honeymoon extras page.

kisroo
10-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Polar~:crying: :crying: :mad: :confused: :crying:
I can't imagine...:(

DopeyWife
10-27-2003, 09:02 AM
Wow, that sounds so awful! I'm very sorry that you guys lost all your scrapbooking stuff and mementos from your wedding. I know how much they mean since I too saved things like that from my wedding. It didn't seem like they cared all that much that their maid ruined your first day as a married couple.