PDA

View Full Version : Favorite DLR Holiday-Time Stuff

miss bianca
10-22-2003, 02:47 PM
What's your favorite DLR Holiday-Time Food or Tradition?

Is there a must-do or must-eat? I would love to hear everyones :)

CarlieB
10-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Not sure yet because I've never been during the Holidays. However, we'll be there mid-November this year, and I am totally looking forward to experiencing as much Holiday stuff as I can!:)

averagecuppajoe
10-22-2003, 11:29 PM
You asked! I smuggle a flask of Bacardi Dark Rum into the park and add it to my Diet Coke. That's my holiday tradition.

mrscoach
10-23-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by averagecuppajoe
You asked! I smuggle a flask of Bacardi Dark Rum into the park and add it to my Diet Coke. That's my holiday tradition.

I am SO doing that when we go next... ;)

I don't know if they still do them, but in the candy store they used to have these iced sugar cookies shaped like Mickey, Goofy, etc. that are awesome. I've been told they only make them for the holidays.

stinkerbell
10-23-2003, 07:37 AM
The "I'll Be Home for Christmas" portion of Holiday Believe makes me cry tears of joy in my chai tea latte........

kisroo
10-23-2003, 07:49 AM
Jack, Jack and more Jack! I loooooved the NBC overlay last yr and am loving my HMNBC Cd brought to me via Mouseshoppe~it's the only thing making me feel better about missing the holidays this yr. Mr kisroo is a huge NBC fan and now, I am a convert. I can't get enough of Jack around the holidays! :D

On the more "traditional" side, my mom and I went in 2000 in November(the yr before they came up with the Main St snow after 'Believe' ) and we fell in love with Main St and the decorations. We enjoyed several days of sitting outside in the Carnation Cafe enjoying our meal while listening/watching the carolers who stroll along the stree~singing beautiful Christmas carols.
The whole experience from walking by the cookie decorating at City Hall, to the awesome tree at the beginning of Main St, to the bows and wreaths on the street lamps made it a wonderful holiday memory. Even though it was sunny and warm, it was all hot chocolate and Christmas in our hearts that trip!

millionairegirl
10-23-2003, 08:18 AM
Sitting on Main Street listening to carollers, watching happy families walk by wearing Mickey Santa Hats, sipping an egg nog latte; nothing better!