PDA

View Full Version : Five Disneyland Resort restaurants to offer OC Restaurant Week deals

AVP
01-18-2015, 04:19 PM
http://albums.mouseplanet.com/DLHotelsDLHProcessed/114211107_O_1.jpg
MousePlanet file photo.

Five Disneyland Resort restaurants, including Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel, will participate in the seventh annual Orange County Restaurant Week event March 1-7, 2015. Catal Restaurant, Naples Ristorante, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen and Tortilla Jo's will also join in the event.

Each restaurant will feature a specially-priced prix fixe menu lunch or dinner menu:

Steakhouse 55
Three-course menu $50
Optional wine pairing $35
Starter: Choose One

[*=1]Hearts of Romaine – Castelvetrano Olive /Bacon Lardons / Caesar Dressing
[*=1]Chilled Tiger Prawns – Bloody Mary Cocktail Sauce / Shallot Mignonette / Lemon Gelée
[*=1]Creamy Onion Soup – Grilled Onions / California Muenster Cheese Focaccia

Entrée: Choose One

[*=1]Grilled Petite Filet Mignon
[*=1]Pan-Roasted Double Breast of Chicken
[*=1]Slow-Roasted Prime Rib
[*=1]Fava Bean & Rye Crusted King Salmon

All entrées served with sautéed French green beans and Delmonico potatoes. Vegetarian options are available upon request

Dessert: Choose One

[*=1]Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee – Pear Marmalade / Candied Bacon Madeline / Cranberry Compote
[*=1]Chocolate Mousse Cake – Chocolate Sponge Cake / Milk & Dark Chocolate / Nutella

Here are the rest of the menus for the Patina Group restaurants:

Catal Restaurant

Three-course dinner menu $40

House Ricotta – Beets, honeycomb, Serrano ham crisp, Px gastrique
Lobster Arrancini – Wilted kale, piperade, toasted pumpkin seeds
Harissa Duck Sausage – Farro, apple-fennel slaw, garlic aioli

Cavatelli Vongole – Clams, Calabrian chile, cherry tomatoes, house sausage
Barramundi – Puttanesca sauce, ratatouille ribbons, petites herbs
Pork Belly – Cabbage slaw, salsa verde, lentils du Puy, chicharrón

Warm Chocolate Brownie – Peanut butter crunch, caramel gelato
Lemon Verbena Panna Cotta – Shortbread crumble, blackberry coulis

Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria

Three-course dinner menu $30

Insalata di Cesare – Romaine lettuce, Parmesan, olive oil, croutons, classic dressing
Insalata di Arugula – Shaved mushrooms, fennel, artichokes, shaved Parmesan, lemon vinaigrette

Trenette – Long noodle pasta with chicken in a pesto sauce
Conchiglie – Seashell pasta, broccoli and mushrooms in a cream tomato sauce

Dessert:

Tiramisu – Mascarpone cream, coffee soaked lady fingers

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen

Three-course lunch menu $20

Gumbo Ya-Ya – Chicken, Andouille sausage, dark roux, Creole seasoning, rice
Boudin Balls– Slow roasted cochon pork, dirty rice, Creole mustard aioli, Tabasco pepper jelly
French Quarter Salad – Mixed greens, candied pecans, cherry tomatoes, cider vinaigrette

Green Goddess Salad – Romaine hearts, Granny Smith apples, cherry tomatoes, apple-wood smoked bacon, toasted pumpkin seeds
Ultimate Bayou Burger – Chicken burger stuffed with caramelized peppers, onions, Andouille sausage, asiago cheese and Creole spices topped with baby greens, Roma tomatoes, Gulf shrimp remoulade
Blackened Chicken Mac & Cheese – Applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, oven roasted tomatoes, baby arugula, rosemary garlic ciabatta bread

New Orleans Bread Pudding – The queen of Crescent City desserts…Rich in cream, eggs, sugar and raisins. Served warm with crème anglaise
Beignets – French donuts topped with powdered sugar
Pineapple Upside Down Cake – Tres Leche ice cream, vanilla bean drizzle

Three-course dinner menu $40

Gumbo Ya-Ya – Chicken, Andouille sausage, dark roux, Creole seasoning, rice
Green Goddess Salad – Romaine hearts, Granny Smith apples, cherry tomatoes, apple-wood smoked bacon, toasted pumpkin seeds, feta cheese, Green Goddess dressing
Louisiana Pork Wings – Crispy pork Osso Bucco, honey chipotle BBQ sauce, apple pecan slaw

Pasta Jambalaya – Gulf shrimp, Andouille sausage, roasted chicken, spinach fettuccine, Creole seasoning
Blackened Mahi-Mahi – Butter poached asparagus, Cajun rice, Satsuma butter sauce
Smothered New York Steak – Caramelized onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, pontalba potatoes, horseradish madeira demiglace

Double Chocolate Bread Pudding – Semi-sweet chocolate, white & dark chocolate ganache
Beignets – French donuts topped with powdered sugar
Bailey's Crème Brulee – Praline biscotti

Tortilla Jo's

Two-course lunch menu $15

Mexican Caesar Salad – Romaine lettuce, toasted pepitas, cotija cheese, flour tortilla crisps tossed in a chipotle Caesar dressing
Albondigas Soup – House-made ground beef meatballs with diced cerlery, carrots and onions served in a chipotle beef stock

Entrée:

Torta – Mexican telera bread sandwich made with refried beans, lettuce, tomato, red onion, queso fresco and avocado. Choice of grilled chicken or carne asada. Served with fries.

Three-course dinner menu $30

Mexican Caesar Salad – Romaine lettuce, toasted pepitas, cotija cheese, flour tortilla crisps tossed in a chipotle Caesar dressing
Albondigas Soup – House-made ground beef meatballs with diced cerlery, carrots and onions served in a chipotle beef stock

Entrée:

Pescado Serandeado – Grilled huachinango marinated in dry chile paste. Served with sautéed Mexican squash, tomatoes, and onions and Mexican red rice.

Dessert:

Churros de Oaxaca – Mexican churros served with a sweet pumpkin purée and vanilla ice cream

Once you decide where you'd like to dine, call (714) 781-3463 to make your reservations.

Toocherie
01-19-2015, 10:24 AM
A friend and I were discussing this yesterday. Given the difficulty lately of getting a reservation at SH55 lately we were surprised (but glad) that SH55 was participating in the event. I would just like to encourage anyone who wants to take advantage of this event to make their reservations sooner rather than later; we made a reservation for the week before and the times available (in the middle of the week!) were spotty for our group.

Malcon10t
01-19-2015, 07:59 PM
A friend and I were discussing this yesterday. Given the difficulty lately of getting a reservation at SH55 lately we were surprised (but glad) that SH55 was participating in the event. I would just like to encourage anyone who wants to take advantage of this event to make their reservations sooner rather than later; we made a reservation for the week before and the times available (in the middle of the week!) were spotty for our group.I had a reservation on Thurs night at SH55. I was very surprised is was packed on a Thurs night. They weren't taking walk ups.

currence
01-24-2015, 07:24 PM
AVP - I think some of the menus are wrong and/or the restaurants have updated their information. I believe Catal is now only $40 and Jazz Kitchen has a different dinner menu.

Thanks so much for posting these - I saw Pork Belly and immediately made a reservation :)

tea4two
01-24-2015, 08:26 PM
For those making reservations via the DineLine, make sure your CM gives you the correct date for OC Restaurant Week. We had no trouble making our reservation for S55, but the CM didn't know about Restaurant Week and gave us Feb. instead of Mar. I thought I might have heard her incorrectly, so called the DineLine again the following day to check. Got a different CM who knew all about Restaurant Week. He made the necessary corrections. Looking forward to our dinner!

tea4two
03-02-2015, 07:36 PM
Has anyone eaten the special menus yet? Any reviews?

currence
03-02-2015, 08:04 PM
We ate at Catal last night :) I went with two other adults so between us we got to try everything except one of the entrees (we couldn't resist double pork belly). No pictures were taken sadly but we left very full and very happy.

We had been craving pork belly since we last had it at Taste of Downtown Disney, and sadly what we were served at Catal was, if anything too big a serving. It was the one thing that came home with us. It was served with lentils, that from a distance I thought were capers. At first, I just couldn't imagine how/why there were so many of them. Once I realized they were lentils, the quantity made way more sense, but it was confusing to my taste buds at the first bite.

tea4two
03-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Pork belly, yum! Glad you enjoyed your meal.