PDA

View Full Version : Christmas week visits

Werner
10-22-2003, 01:00 PM
My parents and I are thinking of going, say on that Tuesday before Christmas (the 23rd). They haven't been for a long time and I'm wondering what y'all think it would be like then. Is it crazy? My folks are in their late 60s so they can't take too much at once. They've never seen Fantasmic so would love to take them to the Gallery balcony -- is that worth it? Thanks for the feeback.

iwannabeanimagineer
10-22-2003, 01:24 PM
We're planning to be in Southern California during Christmas and New Year's weeks also. We're tentatively planning to go from rope drop to dark on Christmas Eve, then on the 26th and 27th also. We may consider the 22nd, 23rd, 29th or 30th as well. Any suggestions?

MammaSilva
10-22-2003, 02:04 PM
All I can say is be prepared for HUGE HUGE crowds!

We were there Dec 30, 31, Jan 1 & 2....and it was UGLY the entire time

We thought for sure that New Years Day would be quiet oh NOT even....the crowds were as bad if not worse than high season mid summer, and the NYE crowd has to be experienced to be belived! Not an experience I'm in any hurry to repeat.

mystycalchyk
10-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Werner
They've never seen Fantasmic so would love to take them to the Gallery balcony -- is that worth it? Thanks for the feeback.

no Fantasmic during this time of year unfortunately.:crying:

Yes its very crowded. I personally don't mind and go every year for New Years, but thats just us....alot of people hate the crowds.

I'll be there though :D so if you go, I'll see you then ;)

DisneyFan25863
10-22-2003, 03:20 PM
:~D

^^my response to anyone who want to go at that time of year :fez:

kijay
10-22-2003, 03:42 PM
My family and I went during the Christmas week in 1998. OH MY GOD was it crowded. We were true novices then, did no planning, went with the mistaken belief that people wouldn't go to a theme park for Christmas. WHAT A MISTAKE we made. You couldn't pay me to go near there at that time of year again. The only rides we got in were during early entry (which doesn't exist now, for whatever reason, oh yeah, to save more money for the suits). If you like wall to wall people, not getting on many rides (of course most are broken down now anyway) then I'm sure you will have a good time. Personally, I'll take a lobotomy before going at that time again, but that is just my humble opinion.:p

Demigod121
10-22-2003, 03:54 PM
My experience has been that you should NEVER go on ANY holiday. The crowds are just too big and the wait times on the rides get HOURS long.

Best to go in the off season, during the week - Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays have been the best times to go IMHO.

-Demigod

EandCDad
10-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Werner
My parents and I are thinking of going, say on that Tuesday before Christmas (the 23rd).

Most of the responses have discussed the week between Christmas and New Years. I think it's pretty widely acknowledged that it is probably THE most crowded time of the year. However, what about the date Werner is asking about, the 23rd? Is it any better the week before Christmas? We usually go in Nov and early December, so I've never actually gone that particular day.

mriverej6
10-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by mystycalchyk
no Fantasmic during this time of year unfortunately.:crying:

Fantasmic! will be playing on New years. well 12:05 on Jan 1.

well, that's what the Disneyland Calendar says (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/calendar/index?selectedDate=1/1/2004&Stay=1&DLP=DLP&DCA=DCA&DTD=DTD&submitted=true)

Ill be there to see that spectacle

mystycalchyk
10-23-2003, 11:11 AM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!

ohmygosh!!!! I wont go that night but I am SOOOOOOOO going while we are there.