PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Convention Center Expansion

Toocherie
01-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Here's an article about what is coming to the convention center--more square footage=more people=more people to come to Disneyland and fill up hotels!

http://www.ocbj.com/news/2015/jan/15/convention-bureau-givers-details-expansion-plan/

BlkPearlCptn
01-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Rumor has it that ComicCon will eventually be moved to there from San Diego. Wonder if that could be part of the reason for the expansion?

Shortpix77
01-16-2015, 12:06 PM
Ugh, I hope not. San Diego needs to get its act together and keep Comic Con here! I like D23 in Anaheim, but San Diego's whole downtown atmosphere and setting MAKES Comic Con for me.

cstephens
01-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Rumor has it that ComicCon will eventually be moved to there from San Diego.

Haven't the rumours of Comicon moving to another city been swirling for years? Hasn't seem to materialize yet.

BlkPearlCptn
01-20-2015, 11:04 AM
The current one about it moving to Anaheim has come from people on ComicCon committee. They first mentioned the move last year and actually met with San Diego to keep it there for a bit longer. So, this one has a bit more "truth" to it.

olegc
01-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Ugh, I hope not. San Diego needs to get its act together and keep Comic Con here! I like D23 in Anaheim, but San Diego's whole downtown atmosphere and setting MAKES Comic Con for me.

Haven't the rumours of Comicon moving to another city been swirling for years? Hasn't seem to materialize yet.

it's like the NFL and Los Angeles... Dangle moving to another city so you get a better deal where you already are...