PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin going on hiatus?

Rallymonkey23
10-22-2003, 12:13 PM
I was just checking Disneylands website (www.disneyland.com) to find out when the Christmas parade started and noticed that the Hyperion Theatre was closing for refurb.

Anyone know if this effects the Aladdin show?

genenpet
10-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Mon Nov 3 - Fri Nov 14. Did I miss this in discussion or the DLR Update? Wow. That seems like a long time to take a theatre attraction down for.

I suppose they'll use this opportunity to install the rigging they got dinged for in the OSHA worker death investigation - though that certainly won't take 2 weeks.

I was just there 2 weeks ago and remember thinking that the place was in remarkably good condition giving how cheaply built it feels inside and out. Wonder what they're doing...

merlinjones
10-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Wasn't there some talk about adding a lobby, restrooms and indoor queue to the Hyperion to compliment The Tower? Is that going to ever happen?

Would seem like a good place to run a pre-show hyping Disney's current/upcoming road show and Broadway productions.

Wizard69
10-22-2003, 10:27 PM
A Hyperion CM told me it was to train new cast members (performers).

Darkbeer
10-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Think of the contracts...

Think of the calendar....

A year has passed, and it is time to replace certain members of the cast, here is a chance to give some folks some vacation time, while allowing others a chance to rehearse with the crew.....

Yes, hopefully they will work on the upstairs rigging, and the stage carpet (which has not been working correctly lately)...

But the big thing is a change in cast members.....

mousey_girl
10-22-2003, 10:32 PM
I would love a wider seat to fit my oversized seat.

PurpleDove33
10-23-2003, 01:17 AM
RallyMonkey23, I was talking to one of the CM's in the show and she told me that the reason for the rehab now for Aladdin is that its time for renewls on their contracts and to hire new people to replace some of the cast who are leaving.

SacTown Chronic
10-23-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
I would love a wider seat to fit my oversized seat.

Ya got me humming a certain song by Queen...:)

DivaPrincess
10-23-2003, 10:43 AM
They did just have auditions for Aladdin about a month and a half ago. I really wanted to go, but that's just to far for an audition that I'm not even right for. Stinks!

Rallymonkey23
10-23-2003, 10:44 AM
I hope Michael K. Lee doesn't leave. :(

Any word on who is leaving and who's staying?