PDA

View Full Version : Space music

TTFN92
01-16-2015, 09:45 AM
I am sitting in McDonald's while my son is playing and I realized that a classical version of the Space Mountain music was playing. I tried using Shazam to find out what it was but it didn't recognize it. Has anyone heard of this or know what the music is?

Mistyj
01-16-2015, 12:26 PM
It's been a while since I've ridden Space Mountain, but isn't it still "Aquarium" from Saint-Saens "Carnival of the Animals?"

danyoung
01-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Which version? The first version was based on "Le Carnival Des Animaux: Aquarium" (The Carnival of the Animals), written by Camille Saint-Saëns. I can't find any info on the current version.

DwarfPlanet
01-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Darn, I checked my Disneyland CD track collection and they only have them listed as "Space Mountain" and "Space Mountain (New daytime track)".

TTFN92
01-16-2015, 03:04 PM
On my, A Musical History of Disneyland CDs, it is the one that says Space Mountain, not the one that says daytime track. I don't even remember hearing daytime track on the ride. But I am so happy to know that I wasn't imagining things. Thanks for the info :).

Gone2Disneyland
01-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Film composer Michael Giacchino is the composer of the current underscore for the Space Mountain attraction. Click the "OTHER" tab on this website link.

http://www.michaelgiacchinomusic.com/works.html

Here's what Wiki has about older Space Mountain music.

In 1996, composer Aarin Richard and show producer Eddie Sotto teamed up to create an on-board music track. The creative vision was to fuse two iconic musical forms of the 1960s – sci-fi horror music and surf music – into a sensory ride experience. All of the music written for the 1996 version was based on "Le Carnival Des Animaux: Aquarium" (The Carnival of the Animals), written by Camille Saint-Saëns. The first section of the ride's music was synthesized and entirely devoted to the sci-fi aspect as the rockets left the station to begin their slow climb to the top of the dome.

After the vehicles crested the third lift hill, a rocking surf rendition of the piece kicked in as gravity pulls the vehicles down through the ride's interweaving turns, hills, and dips. (Guitarist Dick Dale was brought into the Disney Imagineering recording studio to play his famous surf guitar riffs for this section of the music.) As the rockets reentered the loading station, a brief musical finale concluded the experience with a soft, synthesized rendition of "Aquarium."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Mountain_%28Disneyland%29#Soundtrack

leota's necklace
01-17-2015, 04:24 AM
Was Esquivel involved in the old track? I seem to remember his name as well as Dick Dale's.

Gone2Disneyland
01-18-2015, 07:35 AM
Was Esquivel involved in the old track? I seem to remember his name as well as Dick Dale's.

I looked through my copy of The Musical History of Disneyland music set but oddly it didn't offer any background information on the music from Space Mountain. So I googled the 'net and did find this link. I'm not a regular WDW visitor, but this suggests the two SM songs of his may be queue music...?

http://www.parktunes.com/artists/171/93

sjhanksaz
01-18-2015, 04:44 PM
There are tones of songs out there on YouTube - Try doing a search for it and I bet you will find it

TTFN92
01-19-2015, 07:33 AM
I did a YouTube search and found one that I posted on Facebook. My nephew even pointed out that it is even part of the beginning song in Beauty and the Beast where it is panning the castle.