PDA

View Full Version : Miceage Article-AP's

Duane
10-22-2003, 04:34 AM
I recently read an article on Miceage.com written by Kevin Yee. People are claiming that Disneyland hasn't received any E-rides in several years as a result of the AP program. It also mentions all of the additional rides Disney World is acquiring. Here are the facts: Disney World's Magic Kingdom hasn't acquired any new E-rides in years either. EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, and MGM have. Although Disneyland no longer has the Peoplemover, Subs, Carousel of Progress or Skyway, this park still has about 6 or 7 more attractions than Disney World's Magic Kingdom. Do the homework and you will figure out that Disneyland is not as lacking as people are making it out to be!

sleepyjeff
10-22-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Duane
I recently read an article on Miceage.com written by Kevin Yee. People are claiming that Disneyland hasn't received any E-rides in several years as a result of the AP program. It also mentions all of the additional rides Disney World is acquiring. Here are the facts: Disney World's Magic Kingdom hasn't acquired any new E-rides in years either. EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, and MGM have. Although Disneyland no longer has the Peoplemover, Subs, Carousel of Progress or Skyway, this park still has about 6 or 7 more attractions than Disney World's Magic Kingdom. Do the homework and you will figure out that Disneyland is not as lacking as people are making it out to be!

Been to both Parks several times. While it is true that the actuall number of listed attractions at Disneyland out number those at the Magic Kingdom, the number of operating attractions do NOT.

And although Disneyland does have a slightly better Fantasyland, the Magic Kingdom has a vastly supperior Tomorrowland....really, it is no contest.....

LegolandMC
10-22-2003, 07:54 AM
Okay, I know you didn't mean it in the way I'm about to interpret it, but I like the last line of your post the best.....really, no contest.

It's not a contest between the two parks. They're the same company. They're not competing against each other, but against other theme parks.

Not Afraid
10-22-2003, 07:55 AM
I think you are refering to the same article that was discussed here. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21061&highlight=miceage)

Duane
10-22-2003, 07:57 AM
The main point I was trying to make is Disneyland has not been neglected in the area of new attractions if you compare it to Disney World's Magic Kingdom. They are both very comparable. I prefer Disneyland due to the fact of it being so compact. I don't enjoy walking 10-15 miles a day in the heat and humidity of Orlando. You also can't beat the weather in Southern California. There are reasons why Disneyland stays so crowded!

sediment
10-22-2003, 09:46 AM
1. It's crowded because of APs. People still show up despite the lack of things to do, because it's cheap entertainment (after the initial purchase).
2. It's crowded because there's so little space.
3. It's crowded because people prefer it to DCA, and they're already in the area.
4. It's not getting E-tickets, because there's no room to put them.
5. It's not getting E-tickets, because DCA sucked all the investment money and is not providing the expected return that should be available for making more E-ticket attractions.
6. At WDW, there is space for E-ticket attractions -- at four other theme parks.

sleepyjeff
10-22-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Duane
The main point I was trying to make is Disneyland has not been neglected in the area of new attractions if you compare it to Disney World's Magic Kingdom. They are both very comparable. I prefer Disneyland due to the fact of it being so compact. I don't enjoy walking 10-15 miles a day in the heat and humidity of Orlando. You also can't beat the weather in Southern California. There are reasons why Disneyland stays so crowded!

Let's see:

Here is just a few things I can do at the Magic Kingdom that I can't do at Disneyland right now.

Explore the Swiss Family Treehouse

See the all New Tiki Birds

Ride the Magic Carpets of Aladdin

See the Country Bear jamboree

Visit Fort Sam Clemens on Tom Sawyer Island

See Presidents Washington thru Bush

Ride the Mike Fink Keelboats

See the new Donald Duck movie(sorry the name escapes me)

Ride Space Mt.

Ride the TTA(peoplemover)

See the Carousel of Progress

Shoot aliens on Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin

Eat a meal Inside the Castle

Now I know there are plenty of things that Disneyland has that the MK does not.........but even though I can't ride Star Tours at the MK I can at the Disney Studios.....etc.

BTW: I still like Disneyland best.....it just feels like Walts Park:)