PDA

View Full Version : No "Believe"?

Cadaverous Pallor
10-21-2003, 06:03 PM
I happened across disneyland.com today and noticed that they don't list a showtime for Believe. Did I miss something? Are they not doing the fireworks show at the moment? I know Holiday Believe starts on Nov 8th...

Captain Josh
10-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Yeah, pretty much. The fireworks aren't starting up until Holiday Believe, it seems.

Rallymonkey23
10-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Nope, only Fantasmic! until the 8th. :(

Not Afraid
10-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Boy, those new APs need more use!;) - especially with Zap and I around.

Believe ended right after Labor Day. It's been a very sad few months.

Friday Night, November 8th, 9:30. I'll be there.:D

zapppop
10-21-2003, 06:20 PM
CP: Believe went on hiatus at the end of August.
The Christmas version starts Friday November 7TH @ 9:25PM.

Believe; There's Magic In The Stars returns January 9, 2004 for it's final season. The final performance is scheduled for September 5, 2004 . Believe In Holiday Magic will get the axe in January 2005.

Enjoy Believe while you still can. I know I'm gonna miss it.

Cadaverous Pallor
10-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys....I haven't thought about Believe in ages (obviously), and I was talking to someone about the Tink Taco...looks like he'll have to wait until January to see it. :)

Nephythys
10-22-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by zapppop
CP: Believe went on hiatus at the end of August.
The Christmas version starts Friday November 7TH @ 9:25PM.

Believe; There's Magic In The Stars returns January 9, 2004 for it's final season. The final performance is scheduled for September 5, 2004 . Believe In Holiday Magic will get the axe in January 2005.

Enjoy Believe while you still can. I know I'm gonna miss it.

What are the replacement plans????

I plan on taking the whole family in December 2005, so should get to see the Holiday version- but why are they axing the other one?:confused: :crying:

zapppop
10-22-2003, 07:03 AM
Believe is leaving because of DCA.

DCA does not have a fireworks show and guests in that park complain about it. TDA tried to create a show (LuminAria) but it failed miserably due to lack of funding and time to develope it. An updated version was in the works but got scrapped to get more money for the Aladdin show. So, TDA came up w/ the idea of creating a new fireworks show that can be seen from both parks so no guest can say they were cheated out of fireworks. Since it will be ready by 2005, it'll be considered one of the " special offerings " for Disneyland's 50th, but like the new daytime parade, it'll keep running for years after. No word yet on a new Christmas fireworks show ( but the way things are going at the moment, I wouldn't get my hopes up ).

stinkerbell
10-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Ugh, more and more I'm not regretting NOT renewing my AP for this year. :rolleyes:

We've enjoyed going to DLR for a week in October the past few years......but the girls look forward to fireworks SO much, and we keep missing out. The yearly hiatus has become a reason we won't visit at this time of year anymore. Which is a bummer for those of us who also really enjoy low crowds AND the Haunted Mansion Holiday AND nice weather.......

And now I've read what zap wrote........RIP Believe. :(

fairytalelover
10-22-2003, 11:38 AM
Believe is leaving because of DCA.

Another reason for me to hate DCA. (sigh)

iwannabeanimagineer
10-22-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
...I was talking to someone about the Tink Taco...

Dare I ask what the Tink Taco is? Or should I search MousePad for it? Does it involve a fairy, a tortilla and hot sauce?

LegolandMC
10-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by fairytalelover
Another reason for me to hate DCA. (sigh)

Don't blame DCA....blame the people who go to DCA for the day and expect to get a Disneyland experience. Just my opinion. :)

Not Afraid
10-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by iwannabeanimagineer
Dare I ask what the Tink Taco is? Or should I search MousePad for it? Does it involve a fairy, a tortilla and hot sauce?
Hehehehehe!

The name STILL makes me giggle.

Tink Taco refers to when Tink lands in her little house above BTMRR after whe flight. She lands on a standing matress which wraps around her like a tortilla does with a taco.

Bill Catherall
10-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
The name STILL makes me giggle. Me too. :D I was cracking when CP said it again.

Tink's got such a spicy little attitude, does she really need hot sauce?

Cadaverous Pallor
10-22-2003, 03:33 PM
Why all this negativity over Believe ending over a year from now? I love Believe but I would love something new as well. Everyone complains that the Parade of the Stars has been around forever, but when they say they'll give us something new in the sky (in 2005, no less) it's instantly a bad thing.

I also like the idea of being able to see fireworks from both parks. It's annoying being in DCA and seeing Believe but not hearing the music. I think this is a great idea and want to see how they pull it off.

zapppop
10-22-2003, 04:47 PM
I'm not against the idea of having a new fireworks show.

I'm just not ready to say goodbye to Believe so soon; especially since the intentions behind the new fireworks show are not good.

Rallymonkey23
10-22-2003, 06:22 PM
especially since the intentions behind the new fireworks show are not good.

Care to elaborate on this info?

I totally agree with you, CP. I love Believe as much as the next person. But, something is telling me they are going to do something great so that both parks are included. I can't wait to see it! :)

cemeinke
10-22-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Care to elaborate on this info?

My understanding is that Disney is trying to reduce the smoke and fallout from the current show. That either means new technology (which might be cool) or less pyro (which might be not so cool). We'll have to wait and see what the final outcome is, but I understand some people's pessimism.