PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2015 ticket discount for Southern California residents

AVP
01-07-2015, 08:13 AM
http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/172129-2/SnowFest6-122814-AVP.jpg

Spring 2015 ticket discount for Southern California residents

Southern California residents can visit the Disneyland Resort theme parks multiple days before May 21, 2015 for as little as $139 using a new discounted ticket that goes on sale today. There are four different tickets available, offering 2 or 3 days of admission, with or without park hopping privileges. All four versions of this discounted ticket are blocked out March 20 – April 4, 2015.

The 2-Day So Cal Resident 1-Park Per Day ticket offers residents of Southern California and Northern Baja California admission to either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure on one day, and then a second visit to either park on another day on or before May 21, 2015.

You can use both days of this ticket at the same theme park, or visit one park one day and the other park on the second day, but you cannot use it to enter both parks on the same day. The ticket is $139 for ages 3 and up, a $10 jump from the 2014 offer. You can also upgrade the ticket to a park-hopper, which allows entry to both parks each day, for an additional $39, a savings of up to $39 compared to the box office price of a two-day park-hopper ticket.

For 2015, there is also a 3-Day 1-Park per Day option ($169) and a 3-Day Park Hopper ticket ($208) in the promotion. If you can use all three admissions and don't care about park hopping, the 3-day, 1-park per day ticket is the best deal, and represents a savings of up to $57 per person.

Ticket

Price - Ages 3 and up

2-day, 1-park per day
$139

2-day Park Hopper
$178

3-day, 1-park per day
$169

3-day Park Hopper
$208

You can either purchase tickets at the Disneyland Resort ticket booths, or online at Disneyland.com and print them at home. You can also purchase them at participating Disney Stores and authorized third party ticket outlets, including many local grocery stores.

If purchased in advance of arrival, the three-day tickets include one Magic Morning admission. This benefit does not come with tickets purchased at the theme park ticket booths, so make sure to order online and print at home before you arrive. If purchasing at a participating third party ticket outlet, double-check that their 3-day tickets come with this feature.

There is no "fuse" on this ticket, which means you can use the first admission today and wait until May 21 to use the second (or third) admission. Tickets expires May 21, 2015, and are blocked out March 20 – April 4, 2015.

While Disney states that proof of residency required for purchase and admission, MousePlanet readers who have purchased similar tickets from off-property retailers during past resident discount promotions consistently reported that they were not required to provide proof of residency at the time of purchase. However, be aware that Disneyland Resort Main Gate cast members can—and may—require proof of residency when you first use the tickets. Whether such residency checks occur is an oft-debated topic on our MousePad discussion boards, but it is your responsibility to know the official policy, regardless of what the park's actual practice may be.

Now for the official fine print:

Additional Information

Valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of residency is required for purchase and admission.
Tickets expire May 21, 2015.
2-Day, 1-Park Per Day ticket is valid for admission for two (2) days to either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure park, but not to both parks on the same day.
3-Day, 1-Park Per Day ticket with Magic Morning is valid for admission for three (3) days to either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure park, but not to both parks on the same day.
2-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper ticket is valid for admission for two (2) days to both Disneyland and Disney California Adventurepark on the same day.
3-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper ticket with Magic Morning is valid for admission for three (3) days to both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure park on the same day.
Each day of use constitutes one full day of use.
Last day of use is May 21, 2015.
Blockout days of March 20, 2015 through April 4, 2015 apply.
May purchase up to 5 tickets per person per day with valid ID.
Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use.
Offer may not be combined with other ticket discounts or promotions.
Tickets not valid before January 7, 2015.
Subject to capacity, restrictions and change without notice.

Magic Morning Early Admission

Magic Morning admission allows admission into selected attractions at DisneylandŽ Park before the park opens to the general public on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.
Each Guest must have valid, eligible theme park admission.
Disneyland Resort Hotel guest Extra Magic Hour currently allows registered Disneyland Resort hotel guess admission into select attractions at Disneyland Park on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and Disney California Adventure Park on Sunday, Monday Wednesday and Friday before the applicable park opens to the general public.
Upon hotel check-in, guests will receive a schedule or be informed of when each park offers Extra Magic Hour. Each registered hotel guest (ages3 and older) must have a valid theme park ticket and active hotel room key card.
To enhance the Magic Morning or Extra Magic Hour experience, it is strongly recommended that Guests arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening.
Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour admissions are based on availability and capacity.
Applicable theme park, days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants and appearances of characters may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Subject to restrictions and cancellation.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
01-09-2015, 01:23 PM
If someone that lives in SoCal buys these and gifts them to a family member who live out of the SoCal area, are they going to deny use at the entrance gates because the ticket holder's ID has an address out of the SoCal area? I posted on Erin Glover's blog about this. She replied back that my Son who lives in Socal can buy up to 5 of these passes every day during the promotion. He would be buying them for our other son and his girlfriend to use, however they live in Fresno like we do. Erin's answer wasn't detailed all that well.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
01-17-2015, 06:24 AM
Anybody purchased or used these tickets yet? Are they checking ID's for proof of SoCal residence on first use?

Pixiedust58
01-19-2015, 03:00 PM
Anybody purchased or used these tickets yet? Are they checking ID's for proof of SoCal residence on first use?

I went back and looked at the details of the SoCal tickets. It states "Eligibility-Valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of residency is required for purchase and admission." I would take that as the purchaser and user needs to be a SoCal resident.

I am wondering if someone that is living in the area for 2 months would qualify. My son is in Irvine on a job and is effectively living there for the time being. Would that qualify? I may just call and ask as I'm curious now. His kids would love to go visit him and have a quick day in the park. They have passes because I take them. The parents do not. Hmmmmmmmm

Pixiedust58
01-19-2015, 03:13 PM
I went back and looked at the details of the SoCal tickets. It states "Eligibility-Valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of residency is required for purchase and admission." I would take that as the purchaser and user needs to be a SoCal resident.

I am wondering if someone that is living in the area for 2 months would qualify. My son is in Irvine on a job and is effectively living there for the time being. Would that qualify? I may just call and ask as I'm curious now. His kids would love to go visit him and have a quick day in the park. They have passes because I take them. The parents do not. Hmmmmmmmm

Nope, I just called and was told anyone purchasing and using these tickets must have a photo ID with the SoCal address with them to be admitted.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
01-19-2015, 07:34 PM
I asked Erin Glover about my older son who lives in SoCal buying a couple tickets for his younger brother on the Disney blog. She said "sure, he can buy up to 5 tickets daily on this promotion:. Then I wanted to make sure our youngest son wouldn't have any trouble being admitted with these gifted tickets since he doesn't live in Socal, and she backpedaled and told me to read the ticket description for details. Why would you say somebody could buy up to 5 every day like that was a great deal and then have these restrictions? No single person could possible use more than 2-3 and then they'd be better off with an AP.

Pixiedust58
01-21-2015, 06:52 AM
I asked Erin Glover about my older son who lives in SoCal buying a couple tickets for his younger brother on the Disney blog. She said "sure, he can buy up to 5 tickets daily on this promotion:. Then I wanted to make sure our youngest son wouldn't have any trouble being admitted with these gifted tickets since he doesn't live in Socal, and she backpedaled and told me to read the ticket description for details. Why would you say somebody could buy up to 5 every day like that was a great deal and then have these restrictions? No single person could possible use more than 2-3 and then they'd be better off with an AP.

I hear what you are saying. I suppose he could be buying for others that live in SoCal & maybe that's what they meant. I also think they are being a tad evasive to perhaps leave some wiggle room; but if a person is challenged at the turnstyles they could be in a pickle. This is clearly meant for SoCal residents. That being said I do know a family from NorCal (part of family lives in SoCal) that did this exact thing and told them they just moved down there when questioned. I don't recommend this but I hear it has happened.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-06-2015, 06:09 AM
Anybody purchased/used these tickets yet?

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-15-2015, 07:15 AM
Bump! We're going to make a trip to SoCal next weekend to visit my son and his fiance. They bought the tickets for his brother as a gift at Von's, and were not asked for proof of residency when they did so. Hasn't anybody here used these to enter the park yet? They've been available for over a month now.

DaDuckFan1955
02-15-2015, 07:27 AM
Bump! We're going to make a trip to SoCal next weekend to visit my son and his fiance. They bought the tickets for his brother as a gift at Von's, and were not asked for proof of residency when they did so. Hasn't anybody here used these to enter the park yet? They've been available for over a month now.

Amazing how people do not understand or want to follow and OBEY the rules..So Cal means SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA Residents. Re-Read the OP it says Southern California RESIDENTS, nowhere does it mention "Hey guys buy these for your family and friends who live away from SoCal, so they can save $$ when they come to visit." NO! It states clear as day "RESIDENTS".

You buy these for people outside the REQUIRED Zip Codes you deserve to get turned away at the gate, or required to pay the difference for NON So-Cal tickets!

Wonder how many who expect to by pass these rules, get upset/offended at people who have one person get in line then the whole family and group shows up and 'bumps' ahead...Stop being so cheap and greedy people!

And I do not live in SoCal, I live out of state and when I go to DLA I expect to pay for OUTSIDE SoCal tickets...Sure it would be nice to be able to use discounted tickets, but most of the time people think "Buyer Beware" does not apply to them, only everyone else...

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-15-2015, 07:41 AM
If you had read my posts you would see my son who is a Socal resident bought these as a gift for his younger brother. Worst case scenerio-He meets them at the gate to explain this when they first use the tickets. Thanks for being so helpful.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-24-2015, 07:22 PM
My wife and I were at the resort Friday late PM, Saturday, and Sunday. On the way out Sunday evening we stopped at City Hall and asked about my oldest son who resides in SoCal buying his younger brother who doesn't live in Socal two 3 day Socal Special hopper passes as a gift. The CM told us they check for proof of residence when you buy the tickets, but they haven't been requiring proof upon use. I told her that we'd heard Von's apparently hasn't been asking for proof. She said they are suppose to, but they had already heard that most grocery stores have not been doing so even though they definitely do at the resort and online. I questioned that we were concerned my son might have trouble using them. She left to go ask her supervisor for confirmation, and came back to assure me there would be no issue for him using them without proof of Socal residency.

tea4two
02-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Thanks for checking on this and reporting back.

Bolivar
03-23-2015, 12:21 PM
Is the official policy clarified yet? I have a few questions. Is someone who lives in Socal able to buy several tickets and go with people who don't live in Socal? I understand that some people get away with this, but I am asking if that is officially OK. Second, what do they need for proof of residency? My son's driver's license is Northern California, but he goes to UCSB. would his college ID be proof of residency?

Angie2009
03-23-2015, 12:40 PM
We used this kind of ticket last year with grandma who is a socal resident who bought the tickets and went with us. We didn't have any issues, but for multi day tickets we had to show ID and she did go first thru the turnstile. My ID is northern california. I wasn't questioned. They are blocked out when we're going this year anyway so we're just paying gate rates.

Bolivar
03-23-2015, 01:05 PM
I am not clear on that. You were not questioned meaning you weren't asked for your ID, which would have been northern California if you were asked or did show your ID which was northern California and they didn't question it?

We are a family of five with one person living in Socal. If he is allowed to take guests at the discount, three day park hoppers would be $1,040. If not they would be $1,308. The savings would be very nice.

I want to follow the rules and not get away with something just because I can. It shouldn't be so hard to figure out what the rules are.

Neverland Princess
03-23-2015, 01:57 PM
I believe a Student ID works to show current residence being in So Cal. The rules state that they do require each person to be in SoCAl zips. However, I was there 2 weeks ago and while I do live in the So Cal zipcodes not one entrance person asked for my ID.

candles71
03-23-2015, 02:33 PM
They have actually said, on past promos, that they expect Socal peeps to purchase forout of town guests. If you want a definite answer, I would call guest services. Student ID has been OK for residency in the past.

Bolivar
03-23-2015, 02:52 PM
I just called guest services. I told him that my son lives in Socal, I do not. I asked if my son could buy tickets and those of us in Northern California go to the park with him on those tickets. He said that was fine. I clarified saying those of us who live in Northern California would go on the tickets he bought under the socal discount. He said that was fine.

Of course the answer is only as good as the cast member but he didn't hesitate and answered with confidence.

Pixiedust58
03-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Quick question.........any reason these tickets could not be rolled over to AP's before the last day?

CariBelle
04-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Quick question.........any reason these tickets could not be rolled over to AP's before the last day?

I had the same question in another thread and the response was that there should be no problem. We are doing this with one of our tickets on Saturday.