PDA

View Full Version : OMG no more Sundays on the SoCal pass

queenbetsey
01-07-2015, 04:28 AM
:mad:beyond annoyed right now. just went to see about renewing our so cal passes. noticed that in a few months they will be blocking out sundays for the so cal pass. so basically it will now be a so cal select for the most part at the so cal price. so if you want to go on sundays you will have to pony up the cash for the deluxe I will say this they are pretty sneaky. for dh and I that will mean 300.00 more bucks after we put parking on one pass. grrrrrrrrr. the sneaky way they did this ticks me off to no end. they don't start for a few months so unless you scroll through the whole calendar you won't see it until you have already renewed and then you either have a m-f pass or upgrade. we usually go on sunday with the granddaughter since I work during the week. well I will have to really think on this one. I have a few weeks before we renew. I was kicking around upgrading so we could go during the summer if they had anything cool for the anni but this seems like extortion to me. sure you can renew if you already have one but guess what, we will cut your pass down to bottom level as a way to "thank" you for being loyal

Nightwing
01-07-2015, 06:38 AM
:mad:beyond annoyed right now. just went to see about renewing our so cal passes. noticed that in a few months they will be blocking out sundays for the so cal pass. so basically it will now be a so cal select for the most part at the so cal price. so if you want to go on sundays you will have to pony up the cash for the deluxe I will say this they are pretty sneaky. for dh and I that will mean 300.00 more bucks after we put parking on one pass. grrrrrrrrr. the sneaky way they did this ticks me off to no end. they don't start for a few months so unless you scroll through the whole calendar you won't see it until you have already renewed and then you either have a m-f pass or upgrade. we usually go on sunday with the granddaughter since I work during the week. well I will have to really think on this one. I have a few weeks before we renew. I was kicking around upgrading so we could go during the summer if they had anything cool for the anni but this seems like extortion to me. sure you can renew if you already have one but guess what, we will cut your pass down to bottom level as a way to "thank" you for being loyal

Interesting... Does it add up to the same number of days?

Nightwing
01-07-2015, 07:14 AM
So after squinting and counting a few times came up with this... And could be wrong!

NOTE: () = Whats list on their site. {And I eyeballed counted it so could be off.}

Premium: 365 (365)
Deluxe: 31,26,27,25,25,26,24,29,29,31,28,18 = 319 (315) +4 Days
SoCal: 23,22,23,8,19,14,00,09,22,22,18,13 = 195 (215) - 22 Days
SoCal Sel: 19,18,17,13,18,04,00,10,22,22,18,13 = 174 (170) + 4 Days

Looks like if counted right. So Cal Sel & Deluxe jumped by 4 days.

Would assume:

1) Lower the number of So Cal people to reinstate it.
2) Lower the number of So Cal to kill it off totally.
3) A glitch.

Missing Sundays is not a nice thing.

disneyobsessed
01-07-2015, 07:32 AM
This has been widely discussed on another board. Several people reportedly have called Disney directly and been told it is a website mistake and Disney is working to correct it.

Nightwing
01-07-2015, 08:16 AM
This has been widely discussed on another board. Several people reportedly have called Disney directly and been told it is a website mistake and Disney is working to correct it.

I figure as much. Have seen a few glitch last year that got fixed after a while.

bumblebeeonarose
01-09-2015, 08:39 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if it was true. Supposedly Sundays are the busiest day of the week now. We started our Deluxe passes on a Saturday in July (blocked for all except premium), and it was NOT busy that day. One of our best days really. But the reports from that Sunday said it was BUSY, BUSY! If they take the Sundays away then it will help even out the visitors. However, if they lower the number of days they need to report that correctly. They can't claim it's 215 days and then only give you 195.

Nightwing
01-11-2015, 07:58 AM
Looks like its fixed now!