PDA

View Full Version : [Disneyland] hotel blow up [dirty sheets]

olegc
01-05-2015, 09:48 PM
My friend and her young son and exchange student just arrived at Disneyland hotel after driving from Yuba City (near Sacramento) and had dirty sheets. Stains and all. She called down to the front desk for someone to change them - and someone arrived at the door and handed her the sheets. Then walked away.
You can imagine the number of expletive-representing characters she typed into facebook (and she posted a pic too). Unbelievable. What happened to service excellence?

tea4two
01-06-2015, 12:40 AM
She might want to tweet the hotel manager and Michael Colglazer, too. That sort of thing is inexcusable at any hotel, much less one on the resort property.

olegc
01-06-2015, 06:09 AM
Yup. Already happened. I know my post was a reactionary vent but it simply amazed me about the situation.

Shortpix77
01-06-2015, 09:28 AM
That's pretty bad. I wouldn't expect that even at a Super 8 or a cheaper hotel, much less a Disney resort property. Someone failed big time!

stan4d_steph
01-06-2015, 11:01 AM
That's a definite failure of customer service and housekeeping. How disappointing.

Malcon10t
01-06-2015, 08:46 PM
It sounds like housekeeping didn't understand what your friend was saying.

I will say, I have had nothing but AMAZING experiences with housekeeping at the DLH.

tea4two
01-06-2015, 10:35 PM
I was wondering, too, whether it was the result of a major miscommunication somewhere along the line.

cstephens
01-06-2015, 10:42 PM
My friend and her young son and exchange student just arrived at Disneyland hotel after driving from Yuba City (near Sacramento) and had dirty sheets. Stains and all. She called down to the front desk for someone to change them - and someone arrived at the door and handed her the sheets.

Did they call the front desk again and tell them what happened? Because I certainly would have. I can't imagine the front desk would be ok hearing about what happened.

candles71
01-07-2015, 07:26 AM
Not that it makes it right, but when G was doing housekeeping, they folded both sheets together in the laundry (they don't use a fitted sheet, just 2 flat sheets usually), to save time, so both get put on the bed together. The housekeeper may not have noticed stains this way, rather someone in the laundry service should have noticed.
I have been handed sheets at other properties, when I have requested new sheets, I never thought anything of it. Usually mid-stay though, not just after checkin.

olegc
01-07-2015, 10:07 AM
So I met up with my friend and her family last night to enjoy the final Holiday night at Disneyland. She explained to me what happened and that yes she did call down to the front desk again and they routed her to a Housekeeping manager who told her the message she received was simply soiled sheets need to be replaced. And the person who delivered them did not have good English language skills so it was difficult to convey direct requests. I asked her if she spoke at all directly with the Hotel manager and she did not yet - but planned to do so on checking out (which was today). Her expectation was that since it was just upon check in that someone from the staff should change the sheets for them (and for the price paid on her budget). They had two large rooms. And it was the second sheet below the first one, so as candles71 mentioned it could have been missed but shouldn't.

Nessa
01-08-2015, 01:09 PM
My friend once found broken glass in her sheets at the Grand Californian. Someone came up and changed the bed right away. I've stayed there since with no issues.

carolinakid
01-09-2015, 05:25 AM
Hard to believe that even with limited English skills she, as a trained housekeeper, thought all she should do is plop clean sheets in the guest's arms and leave.:confused:

olegc
01-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Hard to believe that even with limited English skills she, as a trained housekeeper, thought all she should do is plop clean sheets in the guest's arms and leave.:confused:

Just for clarity it was a man who delivered and my friend said he seemed at a loss as to what to do.

candles71
01-09-2015, 07:10 AM
If it was late, it may not have been someone in housekeeping that delivered them.

olegc
01-09-2015, 10:13 AM
If it was late, it may not have been someone in housekeeping that delivered them.

oh no doubt that's probably true. I will say this, the next night (well, Jan 7th) they stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Ray. service over and above board (her son was sick and they accommodated everything, even opening the store to provide medicine) and it was cheaper per night than the Disneyland hotel (by about 30 a night).

sjhanksaz
01-09-2015, 12:33 PM
We were at a hotel in Bakersfield years ago and my son slept in a roll a way bed then brought in.

Before leaving the hotel I did my normal sweep of the room to make sure we didn't forget anything and I pulled the sheets back on the roll a way bed and found the dirty socks. I looked at my son and he said the two cleaner of the dirty ones were his. The third one had been left from the last person who slept in the roll a way. Disgusting!!!!!

Toocherie
01-10-2015, 12:56 PM
I have had some communication misfires (because of language barriers) at hotels too. However, an immediate call back to the front desk usually gets things cleared up.

experiment626
01-10-2015, 02:46 PM
It sounds like housekeeping didn't understand what your friend was saying.

That would be my guess too.

codewoman
01-11-2015, 01:54 PM
If it was after the housekeeping hours, I can see this being an issue. However, a call back down to request someone come up and change the bed might solve the issue. I used to clean rooms at a Best Western so I'd probably just change them myself.

That said, I have no intention of staying at a Disneyland on property hotel again. My experience in 2011 and their failure to deal with it has soured me on their hotels. This doesn't help.

sjhanksaz
01-11-2015, 01:58 PM
If it was after the housekeeping hours, I can see this being an issue. However, a call back down to request someone come up and change the bed might solve the issue. I used to clean rooms at a Best Western so I'd probably just change them myself.

That said, I have no intention of staying at a Disneyland on property hotel again. My experience in 2011 and their failure to deal with it has soured me on their hotels. This doesn't help.

Especially for the price they charge sometimes.