PDA

View Full Version : 60th Anniversary in Spring 2015?

megzrg
12-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Trying to plan our next trip and I want to hit the 60th anniversary festivities.

All Disney has said is that it will launch in spring of 2015, so I am thinking May. First, that is the month they launched the 50th anniversary. Second, from a revenue standpoint May is much slower than April (spring break) and June (start of summer break), so launching that month would perk up attendance. Third, they usually launch a special summer promotion mid-June, so it wouldn't be likely they would launch both at the same time.

However, I am second guessing myself because they used May to launch the 50th anniversary because of the whole 05/05/05 date and the beginning of June is technically still in spring.

What are the rest of you thinking for the launch?

3Princesses1Prince
12-27-2014, 04:33 PM
I thought I had read it would be in May. But I'm not positive.

TTFN92
12-28-2014, 01:09 PM
I thought I had read May also.

AVP
12-28-2014, 06:39 PM
I thought I had read May also.I'm guessing Memorial Day weekend, based on the refurbishment calendar. Some big rides reopen May 15/16, so probably the following weekend.

AVP

megzrg
12-28-2014, 11:21 PM
I'm guessing Memorial Day weekend, based on the refurbishment calendar. Some big rides reopen May 15/16, so probably the following weekend.

AVP

Well I guess that would be good and bad.

Bad because there is no way I can pull my high schooler out of school for a trip the last two weeks of school. Bad because our annual passes expire June 7th and I wasn't going to renew them.

However, I was leaning towards a trip from the 17 - 20, so that would mean we would still get the newly opened and refurbished rides and also a possible lull in the crowds between spring break and 60th anniversary crowds.

Thanks for that info Adreinne!

olegc
12-29-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm guessing Memorial Day weekend, based on the refurbishment calendar. Some big rides reopen May 15/16, so probably the following weekend.

AVP

would you expect another 24 hour party this year to kick off the summer that same weekend? it seemed like this was a park trend.

Shortpix77
12-29-2014, 11:45 AM
would you expect another 24 hour party this year to kick off the summer that same weekend? it seemed like this was a park trend.

I heard a rumor about a 60-hour party for the 60th, but absolutely no idea how reliable that is...

olegc
12-30-2014, 09:11 AM
I heard a rumor about a 60-hour party for the 60th, but absolutely no idea how reliable that is...

a lot of this info has been kept close to the vest. Even the rumor you mention was a fleeting one. I think the on again/off again budget issues, and the focus on getting the Frozen stuff in place to bridge between holidays and the May events has kept folks busy and not able to talk a lot. I did see a photo tweeted of some sample 60th cups (tumbler and mug) and they seemed nice.

I personally am done with multi-day parties but I know many think its still a great idea. I guess it depends on the chain of command and how much Florida can impact our event if at all. (like they tried with the 50th and definitely with Rock your Disney Side).