PDA

View Full Version : Refillable cup and the robe at Grand Californian Hotel?

disneychelle
10-20-2003, 11:25 AM
I understand they have a cup you can buy at WWS I was wondering what it looks like as well as the robe they give you in the resort hotel and how much it is? My daughter really wants the cup and I think my mom would like the robe and will it fit a plus size too?!?! Does anyone have a pix of the cup or the logo on the robe too? Thanks for the help!

Anthony
10-20-2003, 01:38 PM
I remember seeing a picture of the robe somewhere, but I cannot remember where. (how is that for helpful?) I can tell you that they cost between $72-$78 to purchase. As for the size thing, I usually find that one size does not fit all. I am 6'3, 280lbs. and as you might imagine, they usually aren't the best fit.

Good luck

tjrj
10-20-2003, 02:28 PM
I got a refillable mug when we stayed at the GC in December 2001-so my info is 2 years old and might not be helpful. It's white with green accents and has the GC logo of a tree and the words "Grand Californian" on it. Makes me smile every time I use it.

I'm a plus size and the robes weren't comfortable for me-I like a bit more coverage. And to tell the truth, they weren't "all that"-especially not for over $70!! Not meaning they weren't nice, but my robe at home is just as thick and pretty(and has Mickey on it!) for half the price.

Not Afraid
10-20-2003, 02:36 PM
The GC Robes are the 'Waffle" texture that is popular for bath accessories these days (my shower curtains are the same fabric). They are one-size-fits-all but they don't. I saw one guy, about 5'7". medium build wearing one by the pool, and it fit him beautifully. Add 3" and larger hips and it doesn't fit.

HBTiggerFan
10-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by tjrj
I got a refillable mug when we stayed at the GC in December 2001-so my info is 2 years old and might not be helpful. It's white with green accents and has the GC logo of a tree and the words "Grand Californian" on it. Makes me smile every time I use it.

This is correct. It is a "commuter" style mug. It is only refillable at WWS.

[Mod. note: vBcode fixed around quoted material. -- Andrew]

Baloo
10-20-2003, 07:20 PM
you could buy the robe in the lobby at the store located next to the exit doors going towards the storyteller cafe

Not Afraid
10-20-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Baloo
you could buy the robe in the lobby at the store located next to the exit doors going towards the storyteller cafe

Yes, they have it at Acorns.

EandCDad
10-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by disneychelle
Does anyone have a pix of the cup or the logo on the robe too?

http://members.cox.net/eandlperkis/PA200007.JPG

My wife tells me the mug is $7.95 and is only refillable at Whitewater Snacks. Hope this help.

Grandbreaker
10-21-2003, 09:40 AM
Company D had them @ 50% off