PDA

View Full Version : An AP question

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Help me in a discussion elsewhere regarding Disneyland APs. What is the requirement to get a Deluxe AP on a payment plan? Just having a credit card with a So Cal zip code? Does a So Cal ID have to be shown when the voucher is exchanged for the actual pass at the park? And for a So Cal resident pass, what is the requirement, still putting on the monthly payments.

A friend's sister lives in So Cal, she lives in WA state, and her sister wants to get her an AP for Christmas. I told her I thought her sister could do the payment plan since her credit card was in So Cal, but it would have to be the deluxe AP only because SHE herself is not a So Cal resident. She is arguing that she can do the So Cal pass too. Just want to be sure before I continue the discussion.

THANKS!

MidwayManiac
12-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Be warned you'll get the full gamut of answers to this question along with some people who'd like to shame the WA resident for attempting to game the system or some such thing. Pay it no mind. Every time I ask (and I call the AP help line to do so) the answer is paraphrased as follows:

"We anticipate and allow CA residents to purchase SoCal Annual passes for out of state friends and family. This practice is both acceptable and welcomed .... [and] no, sir, we're not in the business of checking ID's"

Best way to confirm for yourself is to call and ask:

(714) 781-4567

It's been two or three years since I asked this particular question so maybe it's changed, but I doubt it. Best of luck.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Be warned you'll get the full gamut of answers to this question along with some people who'd like to shame the WA resident for attempting to game the system or some such thing. Pay it no mind. Every time I ask (and I call the AP help line to do so) the answer is paraphrased as follows:

Best way to confirm for yourself is to call and ask:

(714) 781-4567

It's been two or three years since I asked this particular question so maybe it's changed, but I doubt it. Best of luck.

LOL Made me LOL. She actually was wanting the deluxe pass, but was trying to save her sister some money by going with the So Cal pass. The sister was just trying to budget it by doing the monthly payments which are only available to So Cal residents.

I think I will just tell her it is best to call and get the straight answer from Disneyland themselves. Thanks for the number!

currence
12-18-2014, 03:53 PM
Have they started re-selling the So Cal Pass? It was discontinued for a while. If it's not for sale, her options would be the So Cal Select (M-F nonpeak only) or Deluxe.

3Princesses1Prince
12-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Payment plans are available to all california residents. Not just SoCal ones.

sjhanksaz
12-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Funny thing, I was wondering the same thing. My best friend of 35 years wants to do something like that for us too for Christmas

I did call last week to ask about it and was told that as long as the names on the tickets matched ours it would be ok if he purchased them with an so cal billing address.

The middle So Cal passes are still not being sold